ImageImageImageImageImage

Rob Pelinka helping out old clients

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Kirito
Senior
And1: 223

Rob Pelinka helping out old clients 

Post#1 » by Kirito » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:31 am

Did Rob Pelinka just screw over the Lakers to help out his old players in Harden and Gordon. It is odd that right after he is signed as Laker GM the next move he does is take on a bad contract plus the worst possible pick up for grabs. Without even waiting for the true deadline where teams can get disparate. Its not like the guy does not know how negotiations work. This seems very funny to me....
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Re: Rob Pelinka helping out old clients 

Post#2 » by Danny Darko » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:33 am

Pelinka was not any part of this trade if you believe the org and Momo who report that this was all Magic.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,662

Post#3 » by dockingsched » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:37 am

ignoring that he was not involved per all reports and that the lakers had a "better" offer to be had, another perspective to take is the ol "i'll scratch your back, you scratch mine". after all , pelinka's connections are one of his more attractive qualities, being able to play the "game" with someone like morey has its value. pelinka establishing good will for future needs.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Kirito
Senior

Post#4 » by Kirito » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:37 am

Danny Darko wrote:Pelinka was not any part of this trade if you believe the org and Momo who report that this was all Magic.

Momo's foothold in the Lakers org is as good as done. she was Jim's news spreader he is gone so is she. I dont trust anything she says.
Kirito
Senior

Post#5 » by Kirito » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:43 am

dockingsched wrote:ignoring that he was not involved per all reports and that the lakers had a "better" offer to be had, another perspective to take is the ol "i'll scratch your back, you scratch mine". after all , pelinka's connections are one of his more attractive qualities, being able to play the "game" with someone like morey has its value. pelinka establishing good will for future needs.

Then we should jot this down to a huge rookie mistake? he still thinks he is an agent so if he gives a slight discount here he will get another player signed. Instead of teams have x assists and wont scatch your back later because they cant afford to big differences from money and assists
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#6 » by Jakay » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:47 am

He can't even had had much say in this other than "sure, go ahead" at this point.

Besides, it's always good will to send a producing vet on a defunct team to one in the playoffs. Not uncommon. If anything Lou only serves to put getting a top three pick in jeopardy.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#7 » by RamonSessions7 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:49 am

I can't tell if people believe the topics they make up or just like the hey look at me, I have a ridiculous viewpoint.
Kirito
Senior

Post#8 » by Kirito » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:49 am

Jakay wrote:He can't even had had much say in this other than "sure, go ahead" at this point.

Besides, it's always good will to send a producing vet on a defunct team to one in the playoffs. Not uncommon. If anything Lou only serves to put getting a top three pick in jeopardy.

The rockets got Lou for free that pick would of been the cost to move Corey. There should of been plenty of teams in on Lou. If this was done at the last sec it was best on the table you pull the gun not with 2 days left in trading..
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,662

Post#9 » by dockingsched » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:51 am

Kirito wrote:
dockingsched wrote:ignoring that he was not involved per all reports and that the lakers had a "better" offer to be had, another perspective to take is the ol "i'll scratch your back, you scratch mine". after all , pelinka's connections are one of his more attractive qualities, being able to play the "game" with someone like morey has its value. pelinka establishing good will for future needs.

Then we should jot this down to a huge rookie mistake? he still thinks he is an agent so if he gives a slight discount here he will get another player signed. Instead of teams have x assists and wont scatch your back later because they cant afford to big differences from money and assists

im sorry, i shouldve never even entertained your post even in a hypothetical where we ignore that all reports and rules for agents prevent him from having direct involvement.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#10 » by LakersLegacy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:23 am

I'm just happy to have a pick.

Next up Young. I'll take a 2nd and an expiring.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,143

Post#11 » by Edrees » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:52 pm

I don't see how this helps Gordon with Lou on Hous. Gordon's share and load will go down, his numbers will be worse which is worse for getting bigger money/new contracts.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#12 » by crazyeights » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:36 pm

Kirito wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:Pelinka was not any part of this trade if you believe the org and Momo who report that this was all Magic.

Momo's foothold in the Lakers org is as good as done. she was Jim's news spreader he is gone so is she. I dont trust anything she says.

LOL she was the one breaking the news about Magic coming on as an advisor and laying the groundwork for Mitch and Jim's dismissal, even before Ding. Have you seen her interviews or read her articles lately? Momo's very much still on the inside and very much with Jeanie.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18641743/los-angeles-lakers-owners-front-office-grappling-next-steps-franchise
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#13 » by LakersLegacy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:49 pm

Rob Lowe Pelinka had to give Kobe back the 50% of the company he owns w/ Kobe to be GM. I'm sure there is a buddy buddy agreement that he can get it back if gives up being a GM. But that's a risk because if there is bad blood betwen the Lakers and Pelinka, Kobe might not want him back.

Pelinka is really going to give this job his best.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers