ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers acquire Tyler Ennis for Marcelinho Huertas

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,388

Re: Lakers acquire Tyler Ennis for Marcelinho Huertas 

Post#81 » by Jody Smokz » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Some people have to find issue with anything. I don't know how anyone can defend not trading Huertas for a young PG that needs a shot at some NBA minutes.

Danny Darko wrote:you felt strongly about something that had to do with Marcelinho "I don't know what is this shoot thing people keep yelling at me" Huertas?
Princeinrevolt
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#82 » by Princeinrevolt » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:42 pm

I really like Tyler Ennis's quickness!! He was getting to wherever he wanted on the floor, but he was also playing the spurs 3rd string team
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,151

Post#83 » by Edrees » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Princeinrevolt wrote:I really like Tyler Ennis's quickness!! He was getting to wherever he wanted on the floor, but he was also playing the spurs 3rd string team

Huertas couldn't get to wherever he wanted on the floor against spurs 3rd stringer, so it's officially an upgrade
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#84 » by ALL HAIL » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:26 pm

Can we talk about benching Young for the rest of the season? He's had a good season and is a legit NBA player, no doubt, but as crazy as it sounds, at this point, I'd rather see Randle shooting threes than him.
Princeinrevolt
Rookie

Post#85 » by Princeinrevolt » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:16 am

I want Larry Nance to start instead of Randle... Randle brings in playmaking off the bench, and Nance brings defense that we lack in the starting lineup... perfect fits
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by ALL HAIL » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:24 am

Princeinrevolt wrote:I want Larry Nance to start instead of Randle... Randle brings in playmaking off the bench, and Nance brings defense that we lack in the starting lineup... perfect fits

Nance should start at center replacing Black. Me thinks the Lakers are intentionally suppressing Nance's value. If Nance were to get consistent starter minutes, no other team would even entertain trade offers for Randle or Russell. Just a theory.
lake_show
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#87 » by lake_show » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:53 am

ALL HAIL wrote:
Princeinrevolt wrote:I want Larry Nance to start instead of Randle... Randle brings in playmaking off the bench, and Nance brings defense that we lack in the starting lineup... perfect fits

Nance should start at center replacing Black. Me thinks the Lakers are intentionally suppressing Nance's value. If Nance were to get consistent starter minutes, no other team would even entertain trade offers for Randle or Russell. Just a theory.

I've never been a big supporter of any "surpressing value" theories... But that kind of does make a little sense. I think the front office is completely sold on Nance. I've read/heard many comments where the front office wanted the youngsters to be "more like Nance". I think Nance will be around for a while. Just off of pure skill, and potential though Randle naturally has more trade value than Nance has, or could have. I can see them trying to maintain as much of that value until they decide what they to do with him.

I personally don't think Nance is a starter though. I love the guy. He's one of my favorite players. Not enough offense for him to start though.
Talking about how bad Julius Randle is:
DEEP3CL wrote:... When dudes know ball we're just going to call out what we see period.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#88 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:48 pm

lake_show wrote:
ALL HAIL wrote:

I've never been a big supporter of any "surpressing value" theories... But that kind of does make a little sense. I think the front office is completely sold on Nance. I've read/heard many comments where the front office wanted the youngsters to be "more like Nance". I think Nance will be around for a while. Just off of pure skill, and potential though Randle naturally has more trade value than Nance has, or could have. I can see them trying to maintain as much of that value until they decide what they to do with him.

I personally don't think Nance is a starter though. I love the guy. He's one of my favorite players. Not enough offense for him to start though.

God I'd hate to hear that we're in the dumps like this, and management is playing CIA-mind games with players. One issue with Nance is the way he constantly dings himself up. I wonder if that's what keeps him out?

I have always found it hard to really get a bead on what management is doing. Draft Ingram...sign Deng. Playing these young guys only 28-26 minutes per game. Is that a strategy? <----honest question...not an attack. The way we've used / not used Zubac seems to show two minds with him as well. I guess we're going with him?? Why's Black starting then? Are we officially over Mozgov? That sure ended quick.

Personally, I like the Calderon for 2nd-rounder....the Williams for a First. And now trading Huertas for Ennis. If nothing else....it has that "going ALL IN on a plan" feel. We're committed....or so it seems. Magic, and this new GM (when he actually arrives) will bring some big question marks.

Really wanna see these guy start taking big steps. But not for 20 more games! I guess I'm kinda of 2-minds myself. These complicated Laker times :noway:
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,674

Post#89 » by dockingsched » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:21 am

From the playing time he's had so far I'd be surprised if he's in NBA in a year
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Princeinrevolt
Rookie

Post#90 » by Princeinrevolt » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:47 am

dockingsched wrote:From the playing time he's had so far I'd be surprised if he's in NBA in a year

People on this thread said he was better than D-Lo. smh...
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by ALL HAIL » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:56 am

Princeinrevolt wrote:
dockingsched wrote:From the playing time he's had so far I'd be surprised if he's in NBA in a year

I said in many ways Ennis was a better "PG". Big difference.

Give someone an inch, they try and go a mile. Give someone a rope, they wanna be a cowboy.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by ALL HAIL » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:07 am

Princeinrevolt wrote:

HIs Per36 numbers were better than Russell's this game -- "He just needs minutes!" . . . now you can shake your head.
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,388

Post#93 » by Jody Smokz » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Only someone who had never seen Ennis play would even make this suggestion. He's only better as a PG based on the pass first theory but overall he's not a productive player by any stretch.

ALL HAIL wrote:
Princeinrevolt wrote:

I said in many ways Ennis was a better "PG". Big difference.

Give someone an inch, they try and go a mile. Give someone a rope, they wanna be a cowboy.
lake_show
Sixth Man

Post#94 » by lake_show » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:22 pm

Kind of thought he might be able to work his way into a back-up PG role, but I don't think he does any one thing well enough to be a back-up PG in this league.

Not super fast
Not a great shooter
Not an amazing facilitator
Not very tall
Defense is ok, but nothing extraordinary

He's about "decent" to "below average" in almost every catagory. There are so many good guards in this league, and even a few out of this league, that he doesn't stand out enough to be able to bank him as your back-up PG in this league. At least, from what we've seen.
DEEP3CL wrote:... When dudes know ball we're just going to call out what we see period.
Princeinrevolt
Rookie

Post#95 » by Princeinrevolt » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:02 pm

ALL HAIL wrote:
Princeinrevolt wrote:

HIs Per36 numbers were better than Russell's this game -- "He just needs minutes!" . . . now you can shake your head.

You do know you just sound like an idiot right?
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by ALL HAIL » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:18 am

I admit, that was my lame attempt at sarcasm, but if you're going to evoke my anecdotes, please don't misconstrue what I said. I am purposely deliberate and measured in my communication so that my point is clear and to avoid misinterpretations.

If you'd like to discuss Ennis, feel free, but, unless I've disrespected you, please don't me.

Now, just to be clear, if I had to pick one guy to start a team with between Ennis and Russell, I'm picking Russ, but if I had to pick one guy to start my team with at PG, I'm picking Ennis. He's shown nothing as a Laker, and maybe as a Sun and Rocket as well, but I believe in the kid, as a PG, based on what I've seen of him at Syracuse. Sue me. He's a leader, he's tough, and he's a "gamer", even if he's out of the league next year.

There are a slew of guys who I liked a lot coming out of college that didn't initially make it, among them Danny Green at North Carolina and PJ Tucker at Texas.

We'll see.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#97 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:50 am

ALL HAIL wrote:I admit, that was my lame attempt at sarcasm, but if you're going to evoke my anecdotes, please don't misconstrue what I said. I am purposely deliberate and measured in my communication so that my point is clear and to avoid misinterpretations.

If you'd like to discuss Ennis, feel free, but, unless I've disrespected you, please don't me.

The "religious wing" of the Russell crew can be downright brutal at times. If your "too stupid" to see a top-3 PG in the making, then you aren't human. Therefor human decency doesn't apply.

109th PER....leading the 2nd-worst team in the NBA (We all know Lou-Will was actually the "best player" here till the trade) ....it's abundantly clear we're watching greatness. Not just greatness....but greatness in every aspect. Beyond any sort of questioning.

Hail.....simple folk like you and me just haven't seen the light yet. We'll get there someday.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:58 am

I don't know much about Ennis. Truthfully, I'm not super impressed so far. But we were doing nothing with Huertas. So what the heck? It's not like we're throwing away a playoff push, or anyhing.
Princeinrevolt
Rookie

Lakers acquire Tyler Ennis for Marcelinho Huertas 

Post#99 » by Princeinrevolt » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:46 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
ALL HAIL wrote:I admit, that was my lame attempt at sarcasm, but if you're going to evoke my anecdotes, please don't misconstrue what I said. I am purposely deliberate and measured in my communication so that my point is clear and to avoid misinterpretations.

The "religious wing" of the Russell crew can be downright brutal at times. If your "too stupid" to see a top-3 PG in the making, then you aren't human. Therefor human decency doesn't apply.

109th PER....leading the 2nd-worst team in the NBA (We all know Lou-Will was actually the "best player" here till the trade) ....it's abundantly clear we're watching greatness. Not just greatness....but greatness in every aspect. Beyond any sort of questioning.

Hail.....simple folk like you and me just haven't seen the light yet. We'll get there someday.

I mean if you were talking about a comparison of D'angelo with a Kristaps Porzingis or someone of that level, then yes there is an argument there. But if you are comparing D'angelo to a Tyler Ennis, then nope no D'angelo supporter is going to take that.

And I did not say he is a top three point guard in the making, (You are probably talking about some other people), but I see that D'angelo is doing well based on the circumstances we are in. And he is only 21 years old, the future is bright.

Also the "Russell is a bust" crew can be downright repetitive & ignorant all the time. That some might just react negatively when seeing blasphemy. I did not want to disrespect him, thats not who I am as a human being. But when I am constantly seeing people **** on D'angelo for no reason other than "he has no heart", or "he isn't a leader", then no i'm going to react to that.
People who call D'angelo Russell a bust are the extremists, people who say "I'd take Ennis as a PG over Russell" are the extremists, I just share the stats, and try not to be a psychic. I don't know how hard he works, he could be the hardest working Laker, or the least hardworking Laker. But the thing is neither do you, so saying he has no work ethic is just not a smart thing to say. We'll see what happens in the future with Russell. I may or may not be right about him, but what I know for sure is that I will combat BS one hundred percent of the time.
lake_show
Sixth Man

Post#100 » by lake_show » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:49 am

danfantastk32 wrote:

Some how the "simple folk" found a way to turn this into a Russell thread lol.

Not surprised.

At all.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers