ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers Trade Ideas Discussion 2.0: The rise of Pinklowe...

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

dontforget
Senior
And1: 440

Re: Lakers Trade Ideas Discussion 2.0: The rise of Pinklowe... 

Post#121 » by dontforget » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:40 pm

I thoroughly disagree with trading Randle to facilitate a salary dump for Deng and/or Mozgov. The progression in Randle's game from last year to this year has been great and make no mistake about, he is going to get better. There's flaws in his game that he may or may not be able to correct, but right now there is enough to see to warrant him more of than a trade facilitator to move a bad deal.

Now, if your telling me your including him in a deal to get a proven star (Butler or George) then that makes sense. But no way am I willing to trade him just to get rid of contract. You cant just compound a mistake like that.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#122 » by AcecardZ » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:54 pm

Julius Randle's future value is so tough to calculate... In the right system with the right coach I see him being a very productive player. Question is what system and what coach?
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#123 » by Landsberger » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:21 am

Randle is the first of the young core to have a "D" day coming up. We will either have to sign him for big $$ or let him go by this time next year I believe. That may trump "valuing" him from just the impact on the court perspective. I think Nance and Zubac are also coming up in 2 years along with Russell. If we are signing a FA in this timespan we will most likely be seeing one or more of these guys moved because we can't sign them all and still add a star level FA. Think of it this way. We can most likely sustain 2 max contracts and still keep a good young team around them. Russell, Ingram, Randle, this years pick and potentially Zubac will all be getting big contracts if they turn out like we hope. Toss in the toxic contracts doled out last year. How do you get a top FA and put anything other than vet minimums around them in 3-4 years? Some tough decisions will have to be made.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#124 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:54 am

A ... Wait for it ... FUN TRADE ... For us all to look at and best of all we get rid of Mozov

3 Team trade for Lakers, Bulls, Pacers ...

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6852322

Lakers Get: P. George

Bulls Get: Russell and Mozgov

Pacers Get: Butler

We can also throw in future pics to both teams ??? to get the trade working?

Why for Lakers? Get rid of Mozgov's contract, Lose Dslo which we won't need once we get this pic?

Why for Bulls? Seem to be reading here and there that bulls aren't happy with Butler and plan to build around someone else< cran't remember and they may end up losing him in FA at least this way they get a good young stud in Dslo

Why for Pacer? Fear of losing George for nothing at least this way they get Butler, but again Butler must be willing to sign with them for it to work??? otherwise they'll be in same situation they were with, with George?

Hmm just popping **** out atm
Bring back Defense
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#125 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:05 pm

Why do that when you can pg13 next summer for free? You can have both Butler and pg
MrWaffles
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#126 » by MrWaffles » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:33 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:Why do that when you can pg13 next summer for free? You can have both Butler and pg

I don't think people can get it through their heads. I still cringe when people say we need to trade for PG this summer. Why? To move up 4 spots in the West? LOL

Randle/Clarkson/Deng/Mozgov all need to go for cap space reasons.
Princeinrevolt
Rookie
And1: 529

Lakers Trade Ideas Discussion 2.0: The rise of Pinklowe... 

Post#127 » by Princeinrevolt » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:06 pm

This is what I would do:
Lakers: Top 3 pick, Mozgov
Bulls: Jimmy Butler

Then if we could get Paul George by only trading Randle and the Houston pick.

Pg: Russell
Sg: Butler
Sf: George
Pf: Deng
C: Zubac? (I feel like Mozgov would be a good fit in this lineup though) Zubac is still weak. I'd sign a veteran big man to a one year deal.

I started Deng instead of Ingram because Ingram is still weak and he is not ready to play Pf.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#128 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:25 pm

MrWaffles wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:Why do that when you can pg13 next summer for free? You can have both Butler and pg

I don't think people can get it through their heads. I still cringe when people say we need to trade for PG this summer. Why? To move up 4 spots in the West? LOL

For real. It's actually advantageous for us to wait. Because if he jumps ship to come to us next summer, We can't pay him as much as the team that he is signed with before his contract expires. Their max includes an extra year
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#129 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:39 pm

I also can't stand hearing any offers that include ingram, dangelo, and/or our potential lottery pick for pg13, who can potentially leave us high and dry after one year.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#130 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:09 pm

MrWaffles wrote:

Already explained above < To help get rid of Mozgovs bad contract. Getting rid of either Deng or mozgov is going to be hard - Deng a little bit easier IMO. But wanted to get rid of Moz to give more playing time for Zu/Black/nance etc

So it wasn't really just for George It was killing 2 birds with one stone. We get rid of Moz and get an allstar player in return and we'll still have enough Cash to sign another to pair him with
Bring back Defense
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#131 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:26 pm

I understand but not for pg13.

Deng and first pick for butler. I'm game
MrWaffles
Rookie

Post#132 » by MrWaffles » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:29 pm

If we keep our pick, I'd consider a trade for Jimmy if it meant we kept all our kids.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#133 » by AcecardZ » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:02 pm

MrWaffles wrote:If we keep our pick, I'd consider a trade for Jimmy if it meant we kept all our kids.

Trade our pick for Jimmy Butler or one of the young guys we already have? Jimmy is a great player but trading a potentially great player on a rookie contract for him doesn't make a lot of sense. I'd rather gamble on Fultz or Ball. If they don't work out at least we're not paying them $20 million a year.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
MrWaffles
Rookie

Post#134 » by MrWaffles » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:42 pm

AcecardZ wrote:
MrWaffles wrote:If we keep our pick, I'd consider a trade for Jimmy if it meant we kept all our kids.

Trade our pick for Jimmy Butler or one of the young guys we already have? Jimmy is a great player but trading a potentially great player on a rookie contract for him doesn't make a lot of sense. I'd rather gamble on Fultz or Ball. If they don't work out at least we're not paying them $20 million a year.

Our pick only. With your statement, same could be said for trading for PG which would be even worse since he's expiring.
Princeinrevolt
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#135 » by Princeinrevolt » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:56 pm

AcecardZ wrote:

I wouldn't trade a number one pick for Butler, because I'd take Fultz. But if its a number two/three pick, ill trade it with no hesitation.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#136 » by Penberthy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Russell, Randle, Clarkson for Butler

Ball Vet Min
Butler Ingram
PG Ingram
Nance Deng Hou 1st
Zubac Moz
Trips71
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#137 » by Trips71 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:37 pm

I honestly think that the Lakers will offer Russell, Randle, and Houston's first for either Butler or George this summer. I know the majority sentiment is to not trade for George since he will soon be a FA, but Magic and RP will want to make their mark. I think this will especially happen if we get a top 2 pick and can draft Fultz or Ball. My guess is that package is traded for PG.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#138 » by iamworthy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:10 pm

Trips71 wrote:I honestly think that the Lakers will offer Russell, Randle, and Houston's first for either Butler or George this summer. I know the majority sentiment is to not trade for George since he will soon be a FA, but Magic and RP will want to make their mark. I think this will especially happen if we get a top 2 pick and can draft Fultz or Ball. My guess is that package is traded for PG.

I don't disagree with you but I'm trying to figure out why Larry bird would take Russell instead of taking the top two pick. Especially when the top two picks are point guards.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#139 » by iamworthy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:14 pm

Also keep in mind that Boston, and Philly will be in the mix as well.
J_LA
Junior
And1: 289

Post#140 » by J_LA » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:30 pm

Two things to remember, Boston can probably outbid us for Jimmy Butler.
Paul George, D'angelo and Randle share the same agent. Over the summer George was praising Russell and Randle.
Not sure how that dynamic works but I would imagine if George has any say, he would prefer to play with them rather than be traded for them. Aside from the fact that if your'e George, playing with a rookie point guard is essentially like starting over.
Regardless of how good you think Fultz or Ball could be, its hard to imagine they will be better next year than D'angelo will.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers