ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 76: Los Angeles Lakers (21-54) @ Los Angeles Clippers (46-31) - 3:30 PM ET

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Re: Game 76: Los Angeles Lakers (21-54) @ Los Angeles Clippers (46-31) - 3:30 PM ET 

Post#101 » by tugs » Sun Apr 2, 2017 12:19 am

He does.

Anyway, our group of guys are great. Starters are not there yet, but the bench should be intact.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,665

Re: Game 76: Los Angeles Lakers (21-54) @ Los Angeles Clippers (46-31) - 3:30 PM ET 

Post#102 » by LordCovington33 » Sun Apr 2, 2017 2:30 am

TylersLakers wrote:I'm going to do a way too early next season prediction of our starting 5.

PG: Lonzo Ball
SG: D'Angelo Russell
SF: Paul George
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Ivica Zubac

What is your cap situation like? Can they get under? Why not wait for George when he is a free agent? This way you don't have to sacrifice assets.
Princeinrevolt
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#103 » by Princeinrevolt » Sun Apr 2, 2017 3:39 am

simmbiid wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:I'm going to do a way too early next season prediction of our starting 5.

What is your cap situation like? Can they get under? Why not wait for George when he is a free agent? This way you don't have to sacrifice assets.

Some of our fans can't trust the process. :wink:
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,665

Post#104 » by LordCovington33 » Sun Apr 2, 2017 3:48 am

Princeinrevolt wrote:
simmbiid wrote:

Some of our fans can't trust the process. :wink:

If the pick conveys, I would probably choose Josh Jackson. I am turned off Lonzo Ball with everything that has happened recently.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#105 » by Spens1 » Sun Apr 2, 2017 4:59 am

may as well just full on tank.

Russell after that game should be on the inactive list, was a damn disgrace. Nwamba made him look like a scrub. Just when you think he's got it together he starts playing rubbish. He needs to find some form of consistency.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#106 » by TylersLakers » Sun Apr 2, 2017 1:43 pm

simmbiid wrote:

I think if it meant giving up assets, the Lakers would rather do that and get stars in here immediately.

I think Blake Griffin is already done with the Clippers. On the sideline interview yesterday with a woman, she asked him about him being the first to score 10,000 points in a Clippers uniform. I didn't quote it exactly, but he said something along the lines that it's good he has that position and "had a great time." Combine that with Kevin Ding's article and I think Blake Griffin is the type of guy who cares about basketball but also cares significantly about entertainment and his brand. Can't see him leaving Los Angeles, so being a focal point on the Lakers would mean something to him.

Cap wise: It works.

Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, Black #28 for Paul George and Al Jefferson: Tarik Black has a team option on his deal that doesn't need to be decided on until July 4th. Indiana could trade for it and then decline the option, so it allows themselves to get out of a deal for a veteran player like Jefferson.

Lakers Roster:

George- 19.5
Deng- 17.2
Moz- 6.9 (Stretched)
Jefferson- 9.8
Brewer- 7.6
Russell- 5.6
Nance- 1.5
Zubac- 1.3
Nwaba- 0.8
#2 Pick (Ball in this scenario)- 5.2

= 75.4 M
= 104 (projected cap) - 75.4 (team salary) = 28.6M -- If we hold off on signing Ball's rookie deal, it gives about an extra million or so in cap space to absorb Griffin's max salary.
= Could also stretch Deng and create an extra $10M or so but I don't think that's necessary unless Nick Young opts in.

PG: Lonzo Ball/
SG: D'Angelo Russell/ Corey Brewer
SF: Paul George/ Luol Deng
PF: Blake Griffin/ Larry Nance Jr
C: Ivica Zubac/ Al Jefferson

Not a bad 9 man rotation. Would obviously need to do some extra things to get some back-up guard depth. Still have the room exception of about $3M available.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers