ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers New Franchise guy is Andrew Bynum

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

dantian
Starter
And1: 27

Post#61 » by dantian » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:25 pm

I get it that you Laker fans prefer Bynum to Amare and consider the former your franchise player. Maybe it's time to trade away Kobe to make it Bynum's team with another trade with Phx:

Kobe/Kwami/Farmar/Radman for Nash/Marion/Barbosa/Bell
TheUrbanZealot
Junior
And1: 4

Post#62 » by TheUrbanZealot » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:51 pm

I admit I would have been a little skeptical about such a statement- Bynum being the Lakers franchise, but the more you watch him, he is getting closer and closer to that. We could be experiencing a "changing of the guard" if you will, a la Kareem to Magic. I think this changing of the guard will be a lot slower.

One thing I like about Bynum vs. all the other young bigs out there (i.e. Tyson Chandler, Stoudamire, the Seattle bigs, Pau Gasol, etc, is that he is absolutely relentless when it comes to dunking. Bynum simply tries to hammer down anything that is remotely near the rim. I don't understand why more players don't follow suit, but I think it has a lot to do with other bigs just being more timid.

Bynum also is a very underrated passer. I don't know what Kareem is doing, but whatever he is doing, he needs to keep doing it. Bynum has made a bigger jump this year than any other year, and the fact that he is still so young can only bode well for the Lakers.

Right now, the primary weakness I see w/ Bynum is in his low to mid range post game. He is unstoppable near the rim, but just outside the paint to about 10 ft out, he hasn't really developed a consistent go to move (a la Tim Duncan and his bank shots/baby hooks).

The only other equal as far as potential @ center, right now, is in Dwight Howard. I really don't see anyone else that has more potential than Bynum, pros or college.

If Bynum can develop a FLUID low-mid range post game, e.g. consistent turn around, being able to face his man and take him off 2 dribbles, baby/sky hooks, he will be absolutely unstoppable. His length already disrupts a lot of shots and he seems to have a killer instinct that you want to see in your big man...
BallAboveAll
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#63 » by BallAboveAll » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:29 pm

Bynum is the future no doubt. But now that he's coming into his own and we have Kobe why change now?

Remember these same core players have been together for about 3 years now. The chemistry has taken a long time to develop. I would be upset if the Lakers made any more trades this season. This team is just coming into form. I would rather us just play things out. Lamar is playing better and rebounding better most importantly. Our guys off the bench have made great strides.

Bynum already has a cast around him of shooters in Fisher, Vlad, and Sasha. Trust me as Bynum gets better this season our 3 point shooters will flourish even more.
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Re: Lakers New Franchise guy is Andrew Bynum 

Post#64 » by miggs » Sun Jul 6, 2014 11:36 pm

man, talk about terrible days, can't believe some here thought he was our future, too many of us were duped :nonono:
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: Lakers New Franchise guy is Andrew Bynum 

Post#65 » by Kilroy » Sun Jul 6, 2014 11:54 pm

WT-Everlasting-F???!?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...