Community Thread VII

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Re: Community Thread VII 

Post#1401 » by milesfides » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:13 am

Hm...I think you'd be eligible in apr 09, but that's mostly me hoping for company to share in my misery.

lol choco thunder
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#1402 » by Slava » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:06 am

lol and isn't Verizon a CDMA based network too? That basically means you cannot buy an unlocked phone and use it with your sim card. AT&T FTW! :lol:
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Post#1403 » by hermes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:11 pm

board's slowed down some it seems
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#1404 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:49 pm

hermes wrote:board's slowed down some it seems

What's that you say!?? You wanted me to come back with an old school tale of drama danger and mystery?? Yes well then you are in luck.(trades I can't help with)

So Friday night around 3am. I'm at the ranch next to mine because my best friend(his families ranch) is out of town and it was a good chance for some alone time with the lady. Where I live is all private ranches and mansions with orchards all around.

I return from the house to my truck and find it's been robbed and my girlfriends purse and some other things are gone and the interior is in shambles, but he left my guitar for some reason... must have disturbed him in the act.

I am furious. I take the gf to her car across town, and go back to grab my wolf and a hockey stick.

I come back down the back way through the trees and come up to the road where my truck had been parked. What do you know... I came up on him in the dark. About 6'2" and stocky. I released the wolf and yell "get him!". Now some of you will remember I had to pay a bunch of money because my wolf attacks people, and I've also been training the hell out of him to stop this for 3 years, so when I yell, he freaks out and runs home. Arg.

But, I was more than happy to get at the dude with the hockey stick as he came at me and I got some really clean shots on him, but he must have been on drugs or something cuz he wouldn't go down and he got to a bike and starts bombing down the hill. I'm running full speed down a steep drive and laid out to spear the stick through his spokes to prevent his escape but I missed the spoke and it rattled off.

So I'm now wondering what happened to the wolf and went home to find him on my bed cowering. Having lost the stick in the orchards, I then grab hay hooks. For those who don't know what they are:
http://www.horsetackinternational.com/images/139360-hay-hook.jpg

And I go back down a different path and circle around. Found him again. I can't believe he's this stupid, but he spots me in the moonlight and I realize I can't catch him and he knows it. Too far away about 2hundred feet and he's on bike, so I let him know he messed with the wrong dude, I got a look at him and he'd be a hunted man from now one unless he returned the items.

He did not, so he's screwed. I pretty much know he's a neighbor because no one else would know the exits from the orchards he was using or that the house was abandoned for remodeling. I also know there is only one guy his approximate age in the neighborhood and he's been trouble before.

I went back early in the daylight and got a hat, bag, and cigs he dropped, too. That's why he kept coming back.

So now I just have to decide what to do with him.
hermes
RealGM

Post#1405 » by hermes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:56 pm

hopefully you can get all of your stuff back CC, at least you have a pretty good idea of who the guy is
you probably could mess him up good with that hay hook
Squirrel Boy
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

Post#1406 » by Squirrel Boy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:56 pm

Ah CC, you got him dead. Dont worry man.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#1407 » by TonyMontana » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:08 pm

That sucks CC, I hope you get your stuff back.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#1408 » by Slava » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:31 am

Wow. He must have been on quite a drug to not be scared by a 6'4" dude with a hay hook and a wolf. Now re: what to do to him, I suggest evil mind games. :lol:

:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 401

Post#1409 » by DoctaJ » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:00 am

Hope you get all your stuff back, CC.

Good to hear one of your stories again, though, lol.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1410 » by milesfides » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:23 am

Vigilante justice with that hook, that sounds terrifying. "I Know What You Did Last Time You Were At My Neighbor's Yard."

Sounds like a job for the police. Seems like a pretty straightforward investigation. You can identify the perp, you have his belongings, and you probably have tire tracks from his bike.

Sucks to get robbed though, I know how it feels.

I wish I had a hook with me in Miami.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#1411 » by TyCobb » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:34 am

I actually used those hooks before when I had three horses. Good times.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1412 » by milesfides » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:54 am

Uh oh, does your girlfriend know about this?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#1413 » by TyCobb » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:05 am

Haha.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
hermes
RealGM

Post#1414 » by hermes » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:28 am

man its humid here

to quote someone i heard at work this weekend

"you can grab a handful of air and squeeze and get water"
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1415 » by milesfides » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:34 am

hm, in the east coast, that's called sweaty palms.

j/k
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1416 » by milesfides » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:41 am

Hey guys, what is your go-to bag for carrying laptops?

I've got a dilemma..I'm trying to decide between a shoulder bag and a backpack.

I've been using a shoulder bag, but I don't like how my laptop isn't as protected, especially since shoulder bags tend to get knocked about, and sometimes dropped on the floor - doh! Also, it's getting overfilled, and it becomes a pita when I'm on the subways, walking around in the city.

A backpack is a more comfortable option, but it can seem a little unprofessional. I like the idea of being balanced and having hands free. But most backpacks are a little too schoolboy or a little too man vs. wild.
Squirrel Boy
Lead Assistant

Post#1417 » by Squirrel Boy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:20 am

My North Face bookbag is good and big enough for anything. It fits nicely. With all the protection and stuff in the bag, the comp does not break.
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#1418 » by Erik Eleven » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:41 am

I'm back in town. Good times.

I heard we re-signed Sasha but lost Turiaf. Anything else I should know?
Squirrel Boy
Lead Assistant

Post#1419 » by Squirrel Boy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:47 am

Yeah EE. KWAMAYYY was signed by the Pistons :(

Mitch is about to fail in life because he isnt attempting to sign Bookie either.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1420 » by milesfides » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:33 am

Sup EE! Good trip, eh?

SB, you mean Azubuike? I think GS matched the Clips' offer sheet.

Hm..north face. I had a NF backpack, it was the one of the bags that was stolen in Miami. I'm gonna cross out NF for two reasons, one, it's too man v. wild, way too many straps that get caught in stuff, two, I feel the NF brand overall is a thief magnet. Like if I left it out inside my car, somebody might break into it and grab it.

Apple has a few laptop backpacks, but they scream "laptop inside!" Similarly, I don't want to get bags from Belkin or any other commonly known laptop bags.

I'm hoping for a backpack that can survive east coast weather, keep my laptop safe with a suspended and padded sleeve, and discourage thieves with a low key style.

I'm being paranoid of course, but I want to err on the supersafe side.

I kinda like this from Arc'teryx:

Pretty decent quality from a quality but lesser known brand, it's very understated and laptop-functional. The one drawback is that it kinda looks like a laptop bag, especially with the handle. If I were to get this, I'd cut off the handle.

Or Mountain Hardwear:

This is a sick bag. Construction is unparalleled. Full featured for a laptop, and it's sleeker than NF. The one problem is the bright yellow straps...if I were to get this, I'd paint the straps the color of poo.

Or something rugged like this:

I love this kind of backpack, it's styling is anti-theft. The only thing this backpack promises is a crusty plate of pork and beans. The dealbreaker is that it isn't a laptop bag, and while i could get a laptop sleeve, I'd have to do some MacGuyver stunt to get it suspended.

Any ideas?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers