ImageImageImageImageImage

SUN YUE

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#21 » by Erik Eleven » Sat May 3, 2008 12:12 am

Dexmor wrote:Guys he wasn't even a first round pick. I don't understand why people think he is gonna be so good or worth keeping track of. He went 48 th overall for a reason.

No offense, but that might be your most ignorant post ever. Manu Ginobili was drafted at 57 in 1999. Furthermore, he averaged 7.6 ppg in 20 mpg. Add to that 2 assists and 2.3 rebounds.

My point? We don't know how good he might be. Personally, I love his feel for the game. He reads and anticipates the game very well. All he has to do is to up his game to NBA physicality and tempo. And that's a tall order.

Countless hours in the gym, focusing on defense, durability, lifting weights, sprinting and shooting will give him a chance to compete in the NBA. From there, it's hard to speculate. I think he has a medium fair shot at a fairly bright future in the NBA. The guys is a baller. Not a superstar, but could become a very serviceable sixth man.

Peak ceiling: T Prince, with better handles/court vision/anticipation/passing but not nearly as good a defender.
Worst case scenario: he stops developing from here on out.
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by DubaLakers » Sat May 3, 2008 3:46 pm

Sun Yue...Stinks! Left hand dominant, skinny as a rail, can't shot worth a damn, will only do well against no d playing teams like DEN that he can take to the rack, DJ Benga is more valuable than him. Beat it Yue, yue stink!
DubaLakers
Banned User

Post#23 » by DubaLakers » Sat May 3, 2008 3:49 pm

He has no chance Erik. Teyshawn Prince? Dude, are you feeling OK?
KingLakers
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#24 » by KingLakers » Sat May 3, 2008 6:58 pm

Lets see how Yue looks before we say he stinks 6 games in the summer shouldn't tell what his future in the NBA is.
GO LAKERS
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#25 » by Dexmor » Sun May 4, 2008 9:15 pm

He will never play more then a total of 30 minutes in the nba. The facination with him is pretty stupid. The funny thing about it before the trade there was all this talk of him and none of Marc Gasol and Gasol is probably gonna be a steal.
Some of you guys are weird.
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#26 » by Erik Eleven » Mon May 5, 2008 12:45 am

:lol:

For the record, I actually preferred Marc Gasol over Yue.

And, if not making matter-of-factly statements about the future, is being wierd, then I don't want to be non-weird.
wireonfire
Junior

Post#27 » by wireonfire » Mon May 5, 2008 2:24 am

16pts/10assists/3blocks -- according to this,

http://www.aoshentv.com/a/show.php?id=3055

China will play USA in their 1st game coming the Olympics. We shall see how Sun does.
10scott10
Veteran
And1: 40

Post#28 » by 10scott10 » Mon May 5, 2008 4:19 am

I'm gonna have to assume he is doing well, since his team is 19-1 this season.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#29 » by LLcoleJ » Mon May 5, 2008 4:29 am

Dexmor wrote:He will never play more then a total of 30 minutes in the nba. The facination with him is pretty stupid. The funny thing about it before the trade there was all this talk of him and none of Marc Gasol and Gasol is probably gonna be a steal.
Some of you guys are weird.

You sure you want to go there?
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by YiYaoYue » Mon May 5, 2008 4:30 am

i hope he atleast plays in the nba for a bit... otherwise no one will know what the last 3 letters of my screen name stand for.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#31 » by milesfides » Mon May 5, 2008 4:31 am

I don't think he's going to help us anytime soon, but I don't see the need to dismiss him as a player.

That some fans have continued interest in him isn't surprising. He's a Laker pick, he's got some potential, he's doing some good things. He's relevant.

Like we should be throwing away young prospects? Didn't we lose two first round draft picks in the Gasol trade?

Beggars can't be choosers. Let's hope this kid is good, gets better, and one day helps our team.

I appreciate people's efforts to keep track of him and post good info. Thanks. And I could care less what Marc Gasol is doing, because we don't have his rights anymore.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
10scott10
Veteran
And1: 40

Post#32 » by 10scott10 » Mon May 5, 2008 4:39 am

OK, it took me over an hour, but i finally found his stats

http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12376&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&PHPSESSID=f

its not compiled, but they are all there. BTW, the ABA is so jacked up. they have teams moving mid-season, teams constantly folding, temas with like 5 wins making the play-offs, other teams declining invites to the play-offs. Yue's team declined becuase a few of their main players had to report to the chinese national team.

BTW, the beijing olympians, now play in singapore
timebandit
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#33 » by timebandit » Mon May 5, 2008 3:45 pm

For one the guy has yet to play here! Second if he does play for the Lakers next year I for one will support him. Providing that he does bulk up! I feel he could very much piont and more with the Lakers!
He has a nice crossover can play D very athletic has good court awareness. The bandwagon is half empty come next season we will see!
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#34 » by Slava » Mon May 5, 2008 4:15 pm

I heard he's not even going to be the starting PG on the chineese olympic team. There's some new player who has outplayed him and also developed great chemistry with Yao to become the starter in Yue's place.

Anyways a PG getting 3 blocks in a game is amazing.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers