ImageImageImageImageImage

I asked this question before the season started (JFarm)

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#21 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Fri May 2, 2008 11:07 pm

:rofl2: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl2:
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#22 » by Dexmor » Fri May 2, 2008 11:43 pm

I don't know why Smush has got into the conversation. Please don't make fun of me for not knowing but what beef does Farmar have with Kobe? If it's serious or not resolved he won't be here for much longer.

Regardless of his role with the Lakers (I don't want that to end up the topic) but do you guys think he has Andre Miller, Ray Felton type potential or even Tony Parker potential?
He is our fastest pg but he is not really as quick as alot of people think. He is above average speed but he isn't like Ford or Iverson quick.

Oh and I never bashed Farmar I was just one of the people who thought Critt was gonna be better when he was first drafted but I was wrong because I didn't know about Farmar's work ethic and I was just a little to excited about getting Critt when I projected him in the lotto.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#23 » by Dexmor » Sat May 3, 2008 5:50 pm

Do you guys think any non Laker fans think Farmar will be a star? I only ask because we could be bias. I think a guy like Felton has more potential then Farmar but Farmar is smarter and has a better work ethic. Farmar doesn't have the passing or running with the ball skills of a Nash or Kidd but he does have the savy of those guys. I think he would have started this year but Fisher happened to have the best season of his career this year. I don't think that will happen next year and with that said Farmar should be the starter next year. He did average 9 points in 20 minutes so he could do 18 in 40 minutes but I think he will be better next year from 1 more year expierence and his work ethic means he should bring something to the table he didn't have this year. Maybe a go the basket move or maybe he will really work on his 3's and be a 42% 3 point shooter.
Either way next year I project him to average 27 minutes and 13 points with 4 assists a steal and a few boards.
The year after that when Fisher is 36 Farmar will probably get 32 minutes 15-17 points 5-6 assists with 2 steals.
He is a pg and he will have Odom or whoever they get for him, Bynum, Kobe, Gasol. He is gonna have a ton of open shots and could average even more assists. If for some reason Phil retires in a year or 2 and they are not running the triangle with those 4 guys to pass to Farmar will be a 17 and 9 guy. He could average 9 assists with those teammates.
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach
And1: 99

Post#24 » by Gerald3Wallace » Sat May 3, 2008 6:00 pm

na, your right about farmar dexmor.
Leonidas
Starter
And1: 2

Post#25 » by Leonidas » Sat May 3, 2008 7:02 pm

Farmar is coo off the bench. nice energy.
he needs to work on his defense and decision making.
i wanna see sun yue.
6-7 or 6-9, lefty pg with speed.

Propz to Kno for the sig..
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,490

Post#26 » by The Laker Kid » Sun May 4, 2008 2:01 am

why did you change your username? I liked star24 better.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Mindflayer
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#27 » by Mindflayer » Sun May 4, 2008 2:13 am

Farmer has "it" as opposed to Odom who has more talent and never will have "it". Farmer is a winner and will always be a winner. He has adjusted his game to better suit the triangle offense. Whether this guy is a "star" or not I don't know. I see him a a better version of Derek Fisher, and ther is nothing wrong with that.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#28 » by Dexmor » Sun May 4, 2008 5:51 pm

Dexmor is for Dextor Morgan from Dextor the show. Dextor is an awesome show, my favorite and possibly favorite off alltime except maybe the Shield although I think Dextor is better. If you guys have not seen it on Showtime you can't really judge it by network.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#29 » by Dexmor » Sun May 4, 2008 5:55 pm

Farmar right now is considered in the same league or same level as Rajon Rondo. I believe he will be much better though in 2 years. I think if Farmar was on lets say the Celtics and got that opp he would get 7-8 dimes and would play like a 10 year vet. I think his circumstances lets him play like a sg because there is no pg on a Phil team. I think he has so much untapped potential that we won't see until they stop playing the triangle.
wezbo
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#30 » by wezbo » Mon May 5, 2008 5:18 am

Leonidas wrote:Farmar is coo off the bench. nice energy.
he needs to work on his defense and decision making.
i wanna see sun yue.
6-7 or 6-9, lefty pg with speed.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
manny "pacman" pacquiao is the greatest
El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#31 » by El Hardee » Mon May 5, 2008 5:37 am

The Laker Kid wrote:why did you change your username? I liked star24 better.
+1 Star24 was a gangsta name while Kalel24 was plain gay, Dexmor is a lttle boring.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#32 » by Dexmor » Mon May 5, 2008 8:24 pm

Star24 was the best of the trio you guys think? I thought star was kind of a girls name and I figured people would have thought it was for starbury or star the radio guy and I don't like either of those guys. I used to love marbury which is were the name originated and I kept it because I wanted people to recognize me because I posted everywhere for years but when no fimilar people popped up here i figured why not change it. Kalel24 was kind of corny. Dexmor is boring but for those of you who have seen the show you would know why I picked it.
In 6 months or whatever it is I will use a poll for the next name change. I always have a hard time figuring out what to use anyway. I always overthink it.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers