ImageImageImageImageImage

Why not go after Josh Childress...

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#21 » by Dexmor » Sun May 4, 2008 8:57 pm

That is not true. Diaw, Prince, RJ, Iggy, Dunleavy, Granger, Jackson. They all pass and pass well and again I said the most important thing is guard the other teams best wing.

The thing is Odom can be that guy. He can take the best peremiter guy even if it's a sg. He has the talent and versitility. KG, AK, Camby, Kmart, all those guys do and he could to. I don't mean he should be as good as them on D but he could do the job. He should go into Mitch's office and say don't trade me and tell Phil to get him a defensive coach like a Pippen or Pete Myers and all summer work on guarding wings. The thing is I don't think Odom plays basketball in the summer except that 1 year at the olympics.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#22 » by Dexmor » Sun May 4, 2008 9:05 pm

If Odom can prove he could play sf with Gasol and Bynum which I think he can and if he is resigned by us (which he would have to take a little less money) then they just need to get an athletic sf even if it's not a star or a guy that starts for us we need one. Ariza was good in theory but he can't be counted on with his foot which I warned you all about on trade day. When your a pg and running a fast break and you throw it to your sf for the dunk or running layup and it's a liability it's a problem. I am refering to Luke and Radman. They should trade those guys 1 or both if they keep Odom and get a athletic wing sf or sg who can play sf. A Ronnie Brewer would fit the bill perfectly coincendently.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#23 » by Dexmor » Sun May 4, 2008 10:21 pm

I have changed my mind and jumpon on the Odom wagon and not because of the game tonight. If they trade for Artest I would understand because we would be a redouncoulus defensive team and if we traded him for RJ I would be happy but I think they should keep Odom.
I was worried about doing what's best for Kobe but when we could just put Odom on the best wing and if we get lit up it won't be to bad with 2 7 footers and we could always have Sasha guard them partly and Ariza partly and Kobe for the 1st quarter to try and prevent them to getting off to a hot start.
So the team for the future should be (if Odom takes a lil paycut)

Bynum
Gasol
Odom
Kobe
Farmar
howard2
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#24 » by howard2 » Sun May 4, 2008 10:21 pm

What about Josh Howard?
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#25 » by Dexmor » Sun May 4, 2008 10:38 pm

Never mind. This was all what if's meaning if the Lakers wanted to trade Odom. I was saying Howard would be a good fit and his trade value is probably slightly lowered from the whole pot admission (what an idiot). I would rather have Odom though. I really think Howard went from really underrated to overrated, no offense howard2.
rsrjr
Sophomore

Post#26 » by rsrjr » Mon May 5, 2008 2:26 am

Dexmor wrote:Never mind. This was all what if's meaning if the Lakers wanted to trade Odom. I was saying Howard would be a good fit and his trade value is probably slightly lowered from the whole pot admission (what an idiot). I would rather have Odom though. I really think Howard went from really underrated to overrated, no offense howard2.

You, of all people, should never, ever, call anyone an idiot...
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."
- George Bernard Shaw
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#27 » by Erik Eleven » Mon May 5, 2008 4:11 am

Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#28 » by Dexmor » Mon May 5, 2008 7:27 pm

Josh Howard was an idiot for making that statement. If it is true say it when you retire or don't say so many players do unless your trying to stop it and saying people are doing it and it needs to stop that is 1 thing. Josh Howard is a fool.
And why should I call anybody an idiot? Are you calling me an idiot? Why? Do I even know you?
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#29 » by Dexmor » Mon May 5, 2008 7:32 pm

I just want to say it again. They should keep Odom and let him play the 3. He could do it fine. It's also smart because they don't have a Jason Maxiel off the bench were if Bynum gets hurt again we have a great backup.

We need to start

Bynum
Gasol
Odom
Kobe
Farmar- I say Farmar not because I choice him over Fisher but we should save Fisher for the playoffs. Let him come off the bench during the season for 20 min max and that would also let Farmar our future pg play against better competetion to get better.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Re: Why not go after Josh Childress... 

Post#30 » by DEEP3CL » Mon May 5, 2008 10:35 pm

kingkobe8 wrote:... this offseason to run the point for us?

[/color][/size]
Josh is not a point , so what's the use do you under stand he's not a point ? He's a wing man.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
LA-LA-Land
Junior

Post#31 » by LA-LA-Land » Mon May 5, 2008 11:06 pm

dcash4 wrote:that just leaves richard jefferson :D

dcash. u should know better. lol :P

Return to Los Angeles Lakers