KG > Pau

but....

LO + Pau + Bynum - Cake Boy >> KG.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#23 » by DanTown8587 » Sat May 3, 2008 8:53 am

Its not a KG V PG debate, its that you still have LO, Bynum with PG and not with KG. your 1-2 of Kobe and KG is probably better, but its definitely not better 1-4 with kobe, PG, Lo, Bynum.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#24 » by MAMBAEMD » Sat May 3, 2008 8:53 am

It is an understatement but things ended up well for the P&G.
We would have lost Bynum and Lamar(and probably Farmar) for KG.

Now we have Bynum, Lamar, Farmar and added Gasol.

Sometimes the best trades are those that weren't made.
UThinkUrSoGood
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#25 » by UThinkUrSoGood » Sat May 3, 2008 12:07 pm

Gasol < Garnett

Gasol 13 Mil > Garnett Godly Contract

Gasol+Odom+Bynum > Garnett

Lakers = Winners
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#26 » by hermes » Sat May 3, 2008 2:36 pm

i'm glad we didn't get him, because it would have taken a lot more to get him here
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#27 » by TommyTheCat » Sat May 3, 2008 2:50 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:but you can't ride him like you would a Bryant, a Shaq or even a Duncan.

theFRANCHISE
Sixth Man
And1: 354

Post#28 » by theFRANCHISE » Sat May 3, 2008 3:15 pm

too early to say anything that series doesnt have the feel of the mavs/warriors series but if boston isnt careful they might be heading for summer vacation by sunday afternoon

you cant really blame him for that loss yesterday, I'd put more blame on pierce's blow up after a bad call and rondo's inexperience
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#29 » by Dexmor » Sat May 3, 2008 4:57 pm

Well it depends. Could we have gotten KG for Odom/Bynum and something else and still gotten Gasol? No probably not.
Would you guys trade Bynum and Odom now for KG? If Bynum comes back next year perfect then no and I am glad we didn't trade for KG.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#30 » by RJM » Sat May 3, 2008 6:31 pm

milesfides wrote:Gasol is definitely an all-star caliber player.

And, KG is one of the greatest power forwards to have played the game.

True, dropping three games to the Hawks makes KG an easy target as of this moment.

But, imo, it's not so much what the Celtics aren't doing but what the Hawks are doing. They're playing out of their minds, as a collective unit, such camaraderie, focus on a singular purpose, especially the role players such as Childress, Pachulia, and Williams. It's remarkable, and it's genuinely inspiring.

None of that takes away from KG though. He is who he is. He never was a legit go-to guy, and he seemed to fade down the stretch. But we all knew that already, which is why he would have been a good fit with the Lakers and Kobe. We needed his consistent, elite defense, rebounding, ability to hit that midrange shot, and be a leader with his passion for the game. Kobe would have supplied the rest.

Not really a knock on Pau, though. Pau's just a different player, one who enables us to become a dominant offensive team, and it's beautiful to watch. No, he's not the defender that KG is, he gets pushed around sometimes and his rebounding is somewhat disappointing, but he's a good shotblocker if not an intimidating one.

I'm thrilled, silly-happy with Pau, but I don't see the need to diminish what kind of player KG is to enhance my love for PG.

Couldn't have said it better myself, excellent post.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#31 » by The Laker Kid » Sat May 3, 2008 7:19 pm

j-far wrote:KG > Pau

but....

LO + Pau + Bynum - Cake Boy >> KG.

Heck, even: The Lakers minus cakeboy >>>>>>> KG :rofl:
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#32 » by SashAlex » Sat May 3, 2008 8:03 pm

Garnett is thinking too much about his pride !
UThinkUrSoGood
Sophomore

Post#33 » by UThinkUrSoGood » Sat May 3, 2008 8:41 pm

DowJones wrote:You are out of your freaking mind if you think Pau Gasol is better than KG....whether it is in the playoffs of not. Stop being a homer. Garnett's defensive ability is so far beyond Gasol's that it isn't even funny. Gasol isn't even an All-Star caliber player anymore...KG is a 1st team NBA type of player.

No one said Pau is better than KG.
Gasol isn't even All-Star caliber? Someone wasn't watching game 1 of the Lakers vs. Nuggets. 39 pts, 15 rebs, 8 assists?

And yes Gasol, Odom, and Bynum is by far superior to having Kevin Garnett alone. Your the one who is out of your mind if us having Garnett would put us in a better situation right now. Who are you the GM of the Timberwolves or something?
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#34 » by YiYaoYue » Sat May 3, 2008 11:13 pm

exactly my point is that gasol elevated his game in the playoffs when kobe was off and put up those monster numbers just like duncan did against the suns and chris paul did against dallas. Just like TNT pregame show today talked about how garnett can't put up those big numbers and the only one rated amongst the legends who isn't having a big game in the playoff and the pressure is on pierce or allen to step up. Kobe isn't always on as much as kobe fans might want to say he is... and having only KG to go to would have proved to be a problem when kobe is double teamed and isn't having a good night.

The thing was I felt under the right circumstance KG could step his game up and be able to put up monster numbers, but so far he hasn't shown that and that is why I've never been happier about having gasol for a lot less (i knew we were better off even before the playoff started, but now even more so... which is the whole point of the thread)
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#35 » by Dexmor » Sun May 4, 2008 9:26 pm

So would you guys do this trade?

KG

for

Bynum
Odom
gkonstantas
Freshman

Post#36 » by gkonstantas » Mon May 5, 2008 6:20 am

With KG we would have one of the best duos in the history of the game (not refering to the condoms) . And we would may not have Bynum, Odom, farmar but we would have Critt more playing time and likes as Sam Cassell, PJ Brown and real showtime when the 2 superstars would be on fire. So DEFENITELY a Championship-caliber team. KG makes teammates better(so even Kobe), and Kobe makes also his teammates better (so even KG). I like our team right now, but the big thing is that I m gonna like it even more in the future :D Gasol is great trade, a real steal.. But the best trade this year is Bynum not done for Kidd.
El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#37 » by El Hardee » Mon May 5, 2008 2:56 pm

Garnett's wannabe thug image on the court burns me up, watching Zsa Zsa put KG in check was sweet. That aside I wouldnt trade KG for Bynum/Farmar let alone LO AND Bynum.
ClubLakers KB8
Starter
And1: 585

Post#38 » by ClubLakers KB8 » Mon May 5, 2008 4:35 pm

To think that Odom, Bynum, Kwame's expiring, and the 19 wasn't enough..

Translation: Odom, Bynum, and what we traded for Gasol. If we did make that trade, we'd have KG at PF and that's it. Now we have Bynum, Gasol, and Odom.

Fate?
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#39 » by The Laker Kid » Mon May 5, 2008 5:00 pm

Imagine getting wiped off every season since you became pro. EVERY SEASON. Heck I'd thump my chest too :rofl:
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
tracey_nice
Analyst
And1: 274

Post#40 » by tracey_nice » Mon May 5, 2008 8:13 pm

Your happy about no trading for KG, I am infinitely more happy about not trading Bynum for Kidd.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers