ImageImageImageImageImage

This trade might be a little far fetched but what if...

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

BlaZeN27
Sixth Man
And1: 0

This trade might be a little far fetched but what if... 

Post#1 » by BlaZeN27 » Mon May 12, 2008 1:36 am

The Lakers are A] worried about Bynum's knee and/or are worried about B] Gasol/Bynum/Odom, being to big of a front court with not enough shooting and clogs the lane, thus screwing up the triangle offense? What if the Lakers prefer the more skilled, but softer Gasol over Bynum (his passing really helps out that triangle offense)? What if the Lakers are not sold on Odom being the perfect fit next to Kobe when Bynum does come back?

Considering all that, it would not be all to crazy for them to consider a deal with Miami involving Shawn Marion.

Shawn Marion, Udonis Haslem, Miami's 2008 first rounder (3rd or 4th pick only), and a filler (Wright? Cook? Or maybe Miami can convince Zo to head west at a shot at one more title) for Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum.

Marion would be more of a "Pippen to Jordan" with Kobe then he would ever be with Wade. Is Haslem not the blue collar type of rebounding, defending power forward that Horance Grant/Charles Oakley were (And no, I am not saying Haslem is at there level, I'm just saying hes that TYPE of player, one conductive to winning a championship)?

Tell me a lineup of Gasol/Haslem/Marion/Kobe/Bayless?Mayo? with players like Zo, Vlade, Walton, Ariza, Farmar, Sasha coming off the bench isn't a dangerous team. All homerism aside I think that team has a better chance at a title in the West then the team they will put on the floor next year. I love this Lakers team, but I don't think there a good enough defensive team, with or without Bynum on the floor. If you add the defense of Haslem, Marion, and Zo to go with the offensive of Kobe and Gasol I think it makes for a terrifically balanced team. Having Haslem and Marion enables them to defend the premier players in the west a lot better. Players like T-Mac, Duncan, Dirk, Brand, Tony Parker, Manu, Amare, Melo, hell even Chris Paul.

I know the thought of trading BOTH Bynum and Odom could be a little weary at first, but what if the Lakers come out with a premier player with the Heats first round pick? If a top 5 pick can get you a player like Ray Allen, why can't a top 4 pick, Marion, Haslem, AND Zo get a player like Odom and Bynum?
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#2 » by Tekkenlaw » Mon May 12, 2008 1:47 am

Lakers get absolutely fleeced.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#3 » by DEEP3CL » Mon May 12, 2008 1:50 am

Calling all MODS please LOCK this we don't have time to have this crap clutter the board for a trade that won't ever happen in reality.

GTFOH
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#4 » by TonyMontana » Mon May 12, 2008 2:03 am

Deep come on Mang ... edit before a mod sees that Mang .
BlaZeN27 .
We post all trades on the Trade thread on this board .
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#5 » by LLcoleJ » Mon May 12, 2008 2:13 am

Locking this thread on the basis of --- insanity.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags

Return to Los Angeles Lakers