ImageImageImageImageImage

Are you serious?! Ainge wins Executive

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Squirrel Boy
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

Are you serious?! Ainge wins Executive 

Post#1 » by Squirrel Boy » Wed May 14, 2008 9:29 pm

Mitch got us back into championship contention by getting us Fish, Ariza, and to top it off, Pau. I might add that he did that IN A HARDER CONFERENCE

Ainge just rolled the dice and traded his entire bench for washed up veterans.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!

I know I'm speaking from homerism, but come on, be real!
blix
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#2 » by blix » Wed May 14, 2008 9:30 pm

I'm serious.
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#3 » by Tommy Trojan » Wed May 14, 2008 9:32 pm

I agree, knowing boston wont win it all this year the league wants to give them a break
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#4 » by LLcoleJ » Wed May 14, 2008 9:38 pm

Ainge wins EOY for the turn around that Boston experienced from last season to this season.

No big deal for me... he deserved it.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#5 » by Danny Darko » Wed May 14, 2008 9:46 pm

to be fair, while I was mad at first, I think Danny deserves it with the multi faceted plan and.... wait screw that. Kevin McFail should have gotten half of Ainges award. Boo.
cavsfan_osiris
Starter
And1: 4

Re: Are you serious?! Ainge wins Executive 

Post#6 » by cavsfan_osiris » Wed May 14, 2008 9:50 pm

Squirrel Boy wrote:Mitch got us back into championship contention by getting us Fish, Ariza, and to top it off, Pau. I might add that he did that IN A HARDER CONFERENCE

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!

There's homerism and then there's homerism. Boston had the greatest turnaround in the history of the NBA.
Milan24
Bench Warmer

Re: Are you serious?! Ainge wins Executive 

Post#7 » by Milan24 » Wed May 14, 2008 9:59 pm

Squirrel Boy wrote:Mitch got us back into championship contention by getting us Fish, Ariza, and to top it off, Pau. I might add that he did that IN A HARDER CONFERENCE

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!

Not only did Boston have the biggest turn around in NBA history, they got a former MVP and multi-time allstar without giving up their franchise player. KG & Allen>>>>>>Fish and Pau.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#8 » by milesfides » Wed May 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Well, I still maintain that Kupchak was mostly lucky with the Pau thing. So was Fish, out of tragic circumstances. One could see it as Fish choosing us.

And other than Fish and Pau, our team improved internally, out of turmoil. Credit Bynum.

I don't want to sell Mitch short though, his ultra conservatism and lack of creative moves ultimately paid off due to favorable opportunities.

On the other hand, Ainge inherited a crappy siutation, but immediately got rid of Antoine Walker, drafted Al Jefferson, and was extremely proactive with trades and signings to assemble a championship roster in just a couple years. That's incredible.

Was he lucky with KG as Mitch was with Pau? I don't think so. I think everybody knew it was a matter of time before KG was traded, nearly the entire league wanted and expected it to happen, and credit Ainge for having the right pieces, centered around Al Jefferson and Ryan Gomes.

On the other hand, aside from Kobe and Bynum, who was made nearly untouchable, nobody wanted anybody on our roster. "Credit" Mitch for accumulating so many assets.

I think it comes down to who had a more active hand in engineering the success of the team.

I think Ainge clearly wins.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#9 » by Chubby Chaser » Wed May 14, 2008 10:11 pm

I'm over it. Don't really care. All I care about is Game 5 Tonight!!!!!!
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#10 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed May 14, 2008 10:22 pm

Phil_2.0 wrote:Ainge wins EOY for the turn around that Boston experienced from last season to this season.

No big deal for me... he deserved it.
i could care less, but if i did i would say that the huge turn around would not be as huge if the Celtics had not been so injured last season. i would give it Mitch on the basis that he made a team that will contend for the next 5 years and reshaped the western conference in the process.......wait my bad that was Chris Wallace.
Forum permissions