ImageImageImageImageImage

Sir over weight Charles Barkley

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Sir over weight Charles Barkley 

Post#1 » by TonyMontana » Thu May 15, 2008 4:51 pm

I use to love Barkley when he played with the 6ers and the Suns :noway: .
I mean outside of Lakers he was my favorite , his size domintaing the boards , shooting skills for a man that was 6.4 and a bull when it came to an inforcer needed in a physical game .
I have met him a couple of times and he seemed like a very nice guy with a big mouth .
Yet lately I have gotten sick of him , all his Dwade commercials his disrespect to the Lakers org etc .

Now , I think he has seriously crossed the line with his comments he throws at certain players and coaches .

Last night before they went to commercial .
Did anyone catch what he said about Danny Ainge getting GMOY .

He said they need to give it to that guy from Memphis !!!!

Then at first when they introduced Avery Johnson , he asked Who's is the coach ?
You can clearly see Avery looked pissed after that , and he was sort of embarrassed about Barkleys comments .

Barkley always had a big mouth but as time goes by he is seriously lossing my respect as well as other's .
islander009
Junior
And1: 21

Post#2 » by islander009 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:08 pm

I like you respected his game but it seems like Charles really shouldnt be on TV. most of the things that come out of his mouth can be very offensive and dumb. For instance in last years playoffs with the warriors and dallas. He never gave any credit to the warriors and their run and gun system and stated that he hated San Francisco. When in truth comments like that should be kept to himself. I still think he was a great player like Karl Malone. But if he was to do TV maybe it should be for standup.
djericho
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#3 » by djericho » Thu May 15, 2008 5:10 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRYeqGZRo9Q Nike's "I am not a role model" commercial

Instead of reeking havoc on the court, I guess he's paid to "reek" or shovel shi*t as a commentator. That's what he's paid to do. I disagree with about 75% of what he says but he always brings a different point of view, and is suppose to be off the wall.

I think Avery should have fired back actually, if he was more demonstrative, he'd probably still be the mavs coach, or would be a candidate for another position. And I like Avery, just not as a head coach right now.

But as for charles, really I'd rather have him do that than be an elected official.

Gov. Barkley? Sir Charles eyeing office in Alabama
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#4 » by Kilroy » Thu May 15, 2008 5:17 pm

Who cares...

I'm glad that there's someone like Barkley out there talking s##t and messing around...

Everone is so inesecure these days...

Every word that comes out of everyone's mouth has to show the utmost respect... Whether they've EARNED that respect or not.

If you let comments from Charles Barkley get to you, you have no business being a coach for a professional basketball team.

It's time for people to man-up and develop the fortitude to let stuff like that blow right by them... Or better yet... LAUGH at it.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#5 » by RJM » Thu May 15, 2008 5:25 pm

I'd prefer his material over the crap that ESPN spews out any day. I love it.
Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 645

Post#6 » by Desiderium » Thu May 15, 2008 5:54 pm

out of all the comentators, my favorites include kenny smith, stephen a. smith and charles barkley.

two of the three players i mentioned dont give a crap about what's other people's feelings. they just say whatever they feel like sayin. thats why they are famous. you think if charles was all goody good on us, he would be as famous as a comentator? i think not
KobeNLakeShow
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#7 » by KobeNLakeShow » Thu May 15, 2008 5:59 pm

HAHA thats a cool avatar...iceburg.
"You must be the change you wish to see" - Gandhi
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#8 » by Erik Eleven » Thu May 15, 2008 6:01 pm

Charles is Charles. You have to take the good with the bad. Some stuff he says really pisses me off, too, but sometimes I'm just glad to hear someone telling it like it is on TV. I love the fact that he doesn't care one bit about being politically correct. He's also the first one to laugh at himself and admit it when he's wrong. Charles is harmless.
lukem005
Ballboy

Post#9 » by lukem005 » Thu May 15, 2008 7:06 pm

As a nuggets fan i can say that charles slams us as bad as anyone ( and sometimes deservedly so) but the guy is always entertaining and often very funny and he makes the TNT broadcast worth watching. he talks a lot but I think he is paid to be so controversial so i really dont think anyone should take offense to what he says
tnayrbrocks
Senior

Post#10 » by tnayrbrocks » Thu May 15, 2008 7:17 pm

lol i thought his thing on chris wallace was hilarious. but i guess some ppl didn't think so.
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#11 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Thu May 15, 2008 7:55 pm

Barkley >>>>>> ABC & ESPN with screamin A Smith
sina2002
Junior

Post#12 » by sina2002 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:33 pm

tracey_nice
Analyst
And1: 274

Post#13 » by tracey_nice » Fri May 16, 2008 2:13 am

I think we can all agree, including Charles, that he is a dumbass.
monk302
Sophomore

Post#14 » by monk302 » Fri May 16, 2008 3:44 pm

HE BRINGS NOTHING TO TNT'S TELECAST. WITH THESE GAMBLING ALLEGATIONS I THINK IT'S TIME FOR HIS ASS TO GO! GIVE CHRIS WEBBER HIS SPOT!!!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers