ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- Homosexual marriage legalized

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#81 » by kno » Sun May 18, 2008 5:08 pm

Leonidas wrote:No judgment from me. I just don't dig it personally. Give me a straight woman any day...

:nod:

If they wanna marry, let em marry. As long as it doesnt handicap me in any way, im not really opinionated on the situation.
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#82 » by TommyTheCat » Sun May 18, 2008 6:25 pm

Kno wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:nod:

If they wanna marry, let em marry. As long as it doesnt handicap me in any way, im not really opinionated on the situation.

and that's pretty much the duty of the courts. they are to make judgement based on the constitution and the rights of the individual. as long as the rights of one does not infringe on the rights of others, there isn't a problem. the courts really aren't there to determine what is moral or immoral. murder is illegal because the act infringes on the victim's right to live, not because it's immoral (or believed to be). a dui is cited because the driver is infringing on the rights of others by putting their lives at risk, not because it's immoral.

californian's voted to ban gay marriage because many of them believed it was immoral. that is not a sound basis for a law. does gay marriage infringe on anyone elses rights? the only ones here having their rights infringed upon are gay people..........that was before the court's decision.

tnayrbrocks wrote:I've read plenty of books and reports on homosexual marriages and though i won't bombard you with statistics etc I can tell you that homosexual relationships tend to be very unstable or at least more unstable compared to heterosexual relationships.

please do site those statistics or the names of the books that information comes from. seems to me there are plenty of heterosexual relationships that are very unstable and disfunctional. is it a 2:1 ratio of unhealthy relationships for gays? please give me some of the information and site the sources

Return to Los Angeles Lakers