And1: 36

Post#2 » by Tommy Trojan » Wed May 21, 2008 2:50 am

icky ichy
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#3 » by dockingsched » Wed May 21, 2008 3:08 am

where would the lakers hold their parade celebrations? thats off season priority number one.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#4 » by RJM » Wed May 21, 2008 3:09 am

Would you deal Lamar to Miami/Chicago for the #1/#2? Not sure if I would but I'm just throwing that out there.
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#5 » by kno » Wed May 21, 2008 3:15 am

Iceburg Slim wrote:Would you deal Lamar to Miami/Chicago for the #1/#2? Not sure if I would but I'm just throwing that out there.

DOesnt come close to the CAP requirements. lol
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#6 » by slifersd » Wed May 21, 2008 3:15 am

Iceburg Slim wrote:Would you deal Lamar to Miami/Chicago for the #1/#2? Not sure if I would but I'm just throwing that out there.

Are you serious? If either one of those teams will accept that offer, we shouldn't even blink twice about it! Talk about a deadly combo between Bynum and Beasley/Rose for the future! Odom is playing well right now but he is no star and both Rose and Beasley are going to be superstars.
anti_flag2008
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#7 » by anti_flag2008 » Wed May 21, 2008 3:45 am

Get rid of either Vlad or Luke and yeah Mihm/Newble
Sign Sasha, Ronnie, Ariza and Mbenga(cheap big)
Keep the starting 5
Verbal
Banned User

Post#8 » by Verbal » Wed May 21, 2008 3:55 am

Ladies and Gentlemen...

I present to you....

THE TRADE CHECKER!

--Step 1: Select the TeamsChoose at least two teams from the menus below to start your trade.

--Step 2: Choose the PlayersSelect the players you wish to trade from the rosters below.

--Step 3: Verify the TradeConfirm that your trade proposal is valid according to the NBA collective bargaining agreement.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#9 » by LLcoleJ » Wed May 21, 2008 4:15 am

we will wait for the "offseason" ;)
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#10 » by semi-sentient » Wed May 21, 2008 4:32 am

Trade ID #4605859

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: -21.7 ppg, -12.0 rpg, and -3.6 apg.

Incoming Players:

- Shaquille O'Neal
- Boris Diaw
- Raja Bell

Phoenix Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: +21.7 ppg, +12.0 rpg, and +3.6 apg.

Incoming Players:

- Pau Gasol
- Lamar Odom
- Andrew Bynum
- Jordan Farmar

DO IT MITCH!
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
idf469
Senior

Post#11 » by idf469 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:43 am

Dude there is no way they let go of Shaq for that.
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#12 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed May 21, 2008 5:10 am

I'd like to get Jannero Pargo to backup Fish but I don't want to trade anyone on this team. O well...
Verbal
Banned User

Post#13 » by Verbal » Wed May 21, 2008 5:28 am

Phil_2.0 wrote:we will wait for the "offseason" ;)

Since the rest of the league will get a head start, we might as well get started now.

OJ Mayo, anyone?
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#14 » by LLcoleJ » Wed May 21, 2008 5:37 am

thread is fine...but no sticky yet. Its not the offseason and I dont want to look past this title run.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#15 » by YiYaoYue » Wed May 21, 2008 5:45 am

sign a veteran player for MLE that wants to win a championship... that is the way to go when you already have all the pieces.
Sasha Vujacic = The Phail Machine = The Ring Blocker

Trade Sasha before he ruins the Lakers next season.
warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Jose Calderon for Odom, Farmar 

Post#16 » by warren weel im » Wed May 21, 2008 5:51 am

The hostilities of the trade board led me to a quick retreat to the Lakers forum where comments/criticisms from fellow Laker lovers are more constructive. Here is an idea I have hatched with the apparent lack of PG on our system.

Its not like we need a pure PG for our system. The ideal one would be someone who could shoot the 3-ball, facilitiate the Triangle and run if possible. Fisher has done a tremendous job for our team this year and that is obvious. However, due to the fact that Fish will be 34 next year and Jordan Farmar, a very well-loved member of our team, and our de facto PG if and when Fish hangs those sneakers is not quite ready yet. This is not a I-give-up-on-Farmar thread, its simply toying with an idea that could actually help the team's outlook.

Naturally, an offer of Farmar, Mihm and Walton and whatever little else we could offer drew some loud and resounding criticisms. I would not blame Toronto one bit too.

I then countered on a "what if we made Lamar Odom available?" argument, and that's where some serious and considerable chatter went through.

Lamar Odom has been Mr. do-it-all for us this year. It would be almost inconceivable to think that we will be trading him, on his best year with us so far, for something a lot of people "think" we do not need - a PG like Jose Calderon.

And so I lay the premise here once more, hoping to get your reaction, being fellow Laker bloods.

Jordan Farmar + Lamar Odom will pique Toronto's interest. In the light of the TJ Ford-Jose Calderon dilemma they're in, a considerable proposal like that would somehow tingle their willingness to send us Jose Calderon for the package mentioned above. Salaries need to match and Calderon's new contract will mean he is BYC. That sort of poses a problem for both teams in terms of making the trade legally work.

Farmar + Odom (using 08-09 salaries) will amount to 15.5m. This means Toronto needs to send back at least 13.5m of salaries to make it legal.

Suppose Jose Calderon was signed-and-traded for this package for some 45m/5 along with Rasho Nesterovic. JC's 1st year salary would amount to 7m + Rasho's 8.4m expiring deal. That would give the Lakers more or less 15.4m coming in that satisfies the legality part.

The question I then ask is, would you do it for the Lakers for these benefits:

1. Jose Calderon will inherit the PG position from Fish. He will have approximately 1 year of learning curve under Fish as Fish will be relegated to a mentor on his 3rd and final year - giving Calderon the desired starting job.

2. It would reunite Calderon and Pau Gasol. For a fan-base that includes that of Espana's best players at their prime, this is a golden opportunity.

3. JC has the 3-ball skills to be our PG and he defends the PNR decently. At least from my end, a lot better than Jordan Farmar does.

For Toronto, Lamar Odom gives them a versatile and uber-flexible player that would fit their running team. JFarm backs up TJ Ford and becomes Toronto's 6th man.

How would you rate this?
Verbal
Banned User

Post#17 » by Verbal » Wed May 21, 2008 5:54 am

I got an offseason thread for this material.

Btw, Jose is one solid PG, I like him. (don't watch him often though)

But I don't think we should overly flip this roster and downgrade our talent level.

Buss can afford it, especially now.
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#18 » by YiYaoYue » Wed May 21, 2008 5:56 am

Lamar Odom is way too valuable to the lakers to be considered in a trade outside of a franchise player or legit star player. I dont understant why you would even include farmar... lamar alone is a deal breaker.

PROS: (what you posted)
1. Jose Calderon will inherit the PG position from Fish. He will have approximately 1 year of learning curve under Fish as Fish will be relegated to a mentor on his 3rd and final year - giving Calderon the desired starting job.

2. It would reunite Calderon and Pau Gasol. For a fan-base that includes that of Espana's best players at their prime, this is a golden opportunity.

3. JC has the 3-ball skills to be our PG and he defends the PNR decently. At least from my end, a lot better than Jordan Farmar does.

CONS:
1. No longer favorite to become a dynasty.

i think cons outweigh pros
Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 645

Post#19 » by Desiderium » Wed May 21, 2008 5:58 am

so...you want to give up both lamar AND farmar for calderon? umm no. lamar is playin really well with pau and there's no need to trade him, especially for calderon.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#20 » by Slava » Wed May 21, 2008 5:59 am

I wouldn't trade LO for Bargs + Calderon so this is just absurd for the Lakers.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers