Boston Celtics
70%

Total votes: 40

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#61 » by Slava » Fri May 30, 2008 5:10 pm

^^Agree with that. This Detroit team isn't as hungry as it was back then and a banged up Rip Hamlton could be the key advantage for us to exploit.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#62 » by Dexmor » Fri May 30, 2008 5:16 pm

After seeing the Spurs series I want the Celtics.
Kobe didn't get to the line at all and I see the Pistons being the only other team who has a chance to do that.
They have Prince who is up there with Battier and Bowen as the best wing defenders in the league, Prince was the best defender on Kobe in the finals ever, he is 6'9 with long arms iquick and when Prince is not on him it will be Rip and Billups 2 all nba defenders plus Sheed who is a hell of a defender.
On top of that he would have to chace around Rip and sometimes he plays the entire second half so if Kobe does ever get tired that is 1 possible way to do it.
The Celtics are better offensively at those 2 positions but Pierce and Allen guarding Kobe is a joke and they can't do what they did to Lebron because A.Kobe can shoot and B because if KG leaves his man it's an open shot for Gasol or Odom.

Another thing is we have one of the best benches in the league which is one of our strengths and the reason we won in 5 games and came back from 17 and 20. The Pistons bench might possibly be considered better and that is not the case with the Celtics.

The Pistons have more expierence so if we were to steal a game on the road in game 1 the Pistons would not be discouraged.
The Pistons are much more well rested espially if the series goes to 7 that means they played 21 games in the post season and we played 15. The Celtics had a much tougher road to the finals.
We beat the Spurs in 5 games so it's pretty conceviable that we would handle the Celtics easy after every team is taking them to 7.
Now if the Celtics beat the Pistons in 6 games then they will scare me a little bit.

The only good thing would be about playing the Pistons would be Billups is not 100% but Stuckey is amazing. That boy is gonna be a stud. When Billups is on the decline a couple years from now when Stuckey takes over they won't skip a beat. He is a poor mans Wade.

That is another thing that I like about the Celtics more is the Lakers clearly have the advantage at pg. Rando is very good pg and is a great all around pg but Fisher can match his size and Farmar is much better then Cassell at this stage in there careers and you throw Sasha into the mix and we got the clear advantage.

Bottom line

I think the hardest series on the road to the ring was the Jazz which sommebody said and I laughed and I was wrong so I am eating crow here. I think no matter who we play the series will be won by the Lakers in 6 games and it's possible if the Lakers steal game 1 on the road it could be done in 5.
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#63 » by TommyTheCat » Fri May 30, 2008 5:26 pm

i think we can beat both teams. bring on the best of the two.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#64 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri May 30, 2008 6:06 pm

garcia3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

when you tell me which flavor of Kool-Aid TonyMontana is gonna serve us and when you learn how to spell the word PARADE :lol:
hey at least I got Figueroa right (without spell check I might add). :oops:
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
garcia3
Starter
And1: 9

Post#65 » by garcia3 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:29 pm

Dexmor wrote:After seeing the Spurs series I want the Celtics.
Kobe didn't get to the line at all and I see the Pistons being the only other team who has a chance to do that.
They have Prince who is up there with Battier and Bowen as the best wing defenders in the league, Prince was the best defender on Kobe in the finals ever, he is 6'9 with long arms iquick and when Prince is not on him it will be Rip and Billups 2 all nba defenders plus Sheed who is a hell of a defender.
On top of that he would have to chace around Rip and sometimes he plays the entire second half so if Kobe does ever get tired that is 1 possible way to do it.
The Celtics are better offensively at those 2 positions but Pierce and Allen guarding Kobe is a joke and they can't do what they did to Lebron because A.Kobe can shoot and B because if KG leaves his man it's an open shot for Gasol or Odom.

Another thing is we have one of the best benches in the league which is one of our strengths and the reason we won in 5 games and came back from 17 and 20. The Pistons bench might possibly be considered better and that is not the case with the Celtics.

The Pistons have more expierence so if we were to steal a game on the road in game 1 the Pistons would not be discouraged.
The Pistons are much more well rested espially if the series goes to 7 that means they played 21 games in the post season and we played 15. The Celtics had a much tougher road to the finals.
We beat the Spurs in 5 games so it's pretty conceviable that we would handle the Celtics easy after every team is taking them to 7.
Now if the Celtics beat the Pistons in 6 games then they will scare me a little bit.

The only good thing would be about playing the Pistons would be Billups is not 100% but Stuckey is amazing. That boy is gonna be a stud. When Billups is on the decline a couple years from now when Stuckey takes over they won't skip a beat. He is a poor mans Wade.

That is another thing that I like about the Celtics more is the Lakers clearly have the advantage at pg. Rando is very good pg and is a great all around pg but Fisher can match his size and Farmar is much better then Cassell at this stage in there careers and you throw Sasha into the mix and we got the clear advantage.

Bottom line

I think the hardest series on the road to the ring was the Jazz which sommebody said and I laughed and I was wrong so I am eating crow here. I think no matter who we play the series will be won by the Lakers in 6 games and it's possible if the Lakers steal game 1 on the road it could be done in 5.

i don't know if you're Star24 or not but this is a great post. Nice contribution, although I think you're expecting a little too much about Stuckey, there's no way he's a poor man's Wade
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#66 » by hermes » Fri May 30, 2008 7:01 pm

Dexmor wrote:After seeing the Spurs series I want the Celtics.

i think kobe will get to the line more than in the spurs series, the pistons have been fouling the celtics, especially the last two games

game 1: 20 fouls- 21 ft's for celtics
game 2: 19 fouls- 25 ft's for celtics
game 3: 25 fouls- 30 ft's for celtics
game 4: 32 fouls- 39 ft's for celtics
game 5: 30 fouls- 30 ft's for celtics

Return to Los Angeles Lakers