ImageImageImageImageImage

Celtics still playing for Red Auerbach

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#21 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jun 4, 2008 9:03 am

did anyone actually think the lakers would be favourites to win the title before the season began?

did anyone actually think the lakers were going to make it out of the west?

lakers werent a lock for anything except the #7, #8 seed until that gasol trade, which finally propelled them over the top

celtics had their big 3 in place before the season, news of garnett's intensity and the boston feel good story permeated every piece of news for 5 months until the lakers stole gasol

by virtue of having higher expectations for longer, it would be a greater disappointment if boston didnt win the ring with their stars on the wrong side of 30 compared to the young lakers who will add bynum to a team thats considered currently favourites to win a ring

LA: "theres always the next 5 years"
Boston: the window is NOW and its closing as we speak
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#22 » by Kefa461 » Wed Jun 4, 2008 10:32 am

Akiho wrote:did anyone actually think the lakers would be favourites to win the title before the season began?

did anyone actually think the lakers were going to make it out of the west?

lakers werent a lock for anything except the #7, #8 seed until that gasol trade, which finally propelled them over the top

celtics had their big 3 in place before the season, news of garnett's intensity and the boston feel good story permeated every piece of news for 5 months until the lakers stole gasol

by virtue of having higher expectations for longer, it would be a greater disappointment if boston didnt win the ring with their stars on the wrong side of 30 compared to the young lakers who will add bynum to a team thats considered currently favourites to win a ring

LA: "theres always the next 5 years"
Boston: the window is NOW and its closing as we speak

You know the saying or maybe you don't..."The best made plans"..... or this one....." **** happins." Nobody know whats gonna kick as a season goes on with any team so don't crow about the Lakers next year or Karma might dick you right in the ass. It did us a couple of times.....just sayin.... 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
Sedition
Starter
And1: 9

Post#23 » by Sedition » Wed Jun 4, 2008 1:08 pm

Yeah, it's pretty damn annoying how the Cs fans are mouthing off like they're the underdogs, when in fact they were one of the most hyped up teams in NBA history (biggest franchise turnaround ever... blah blah). It's their own damn fault they took 12380293 games to get into playoff form, and now the media is doubting them. Boo f'in hoo. You guys walked into this season coronated the champs. Go cry me a river if you think it's unfair that people are finally doubting your ability.

The Lakers were on NO ONE radar until halfway through the season, and now we're here in the finals... all the while the whiny Boston fans are acting like someone stole their lollipop.
hsgm
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#24 » by hsgm » Wed Jun 4, 2008 4:00 pm

I dont know who you are, but these types of post are uncalled for and highly inapropriate.
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#25 » by Tommy Trojan » Wed Jun 4, 2008 4:41 pm

j-far wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No we are young and we got time on our side. KG and Co. might not get another chance like this and just imagine the amount of criticism and ridicule the Big 3 will face if they lose this one.

:nod:

dcash4 wrote:if celtics don't win this title, the window is closed. that fast.

:nod:
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,970

Post#26 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Jun 4, 2008 4:50 pm

Sedition wrote:Yeah, it's pretty damn annoying how the Cs fans are mouthing off like they're the underdogs, when in fact they were one of the most hyped up teams in NBA history (biggest franchise turnaround ever... blah blah). It's their own damn fault they took 12380293 games to get into playoff form, and now the media is doubting them. Boo f'in hoo. You guys walked into this season coronated the champs. Go cry me a river if you think it's unfair that people are finally doubting your ability.

The Lakers were on NO ONE radar until halfway through the season, and now we're here in the finals... all the while the whiny Boston fans are acting like someone stole their lollipop.

I can totally see their point. You have to admit, it's brutal being a Boston sports fan. The Red Sox never win, the Patriots never win, the Celtics have no tradition. And the lack of coverage/attention their teams get, it's borderline criminal. I understand why they might feel slighted.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#27 » by Kefa461 » Wed Jun 4, 2008 5:05 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I can totally see their point. You have to admit, it's brutal being a Boston sports fan. The Red Sox never win, the Patriots never win, the Celtics have no tradition. And the lack of coverage/attention their teams get, it's borderline criminal. I understand why they might feel slighted.

Good one.....we don't feel slighted.....but we do understand how you good folk feel. Baseball is kinda down.....no football.....you live for the Lakers.
Sorry the C's have to come back to life this year to break your stones.
May the best team win....... 8)

I forgot....theres always hockey...... :rofl: 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#28 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Jun 4, 2008 5:31 pm

Sedition wrote:Yeah, it's pretty damn annoying how the Cs fans are mouthing off like they're the underdogs, when in fact they were one of the most hyped up teams in NBA history (biggest franchise turnaround ever... blah blah). It's their own damn fault they took 12380293 games to get into playoff form, and now the media is doubting them. Boo f'in hoo. You guys walked into this season coronated the champs. Go cry me a river if you think it's unfair that people are finally doubting your ability.

+1
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#29 » by Erik Eleven » Wed Jun 4, 2008 5:41 pm

Celtics still playing for Red?

Lakers still playing for Phil.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#30 » by RJM » Wed Jun 4, 2008 5:46 pm

I hope we have the same effect on them as the Pistons did on us in 2004. Unnoticed until the Conference Finals, and then shocked the world by upsetting the Big Three & Friends in 5.
Sedition
Starter
And1: 9

Post#31 » by Sedition » Wed Jun 4, 2008 9:35 pm

edit
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#32 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed Jun 4, 2008 9:45 pm

L.A has USC Football.
daveisceltics
Bench Warmer
And1: 517

Post#33 » by daveisceltics » Wed Jun 4, 2008 10:33 pm

dcash4 wrote:if celtics don't win this title, the window is closed. that fast.

Yeah, it's not like we won't be in the Finals again next year and the next..
With Rondo gaining experience and the team being together longer we should be even better next year.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#34 » by TonyMontana » Thu Jun 5, 2008 2:42 am

daveisceltics wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, it's not like we won't be in the Finals again next year and the next..
With Rondo gaining experience and the team being together longer we should be even better next year.

You guys are going to be the Basketball version of the Patriots, a good regular season, got past the playyoffs and made it to the Finals and YOU GUYS JUST .............. ehhmmmm haaammmm I think I got something stuck in my Ehmmmmmmmm emmm Im choookkkking can someone get me a bottle of Gatorade with K.Gs picture on it.......... :rofl:
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#35 » by greenbeans » Thu Jun 5, 2008 4:01 am

hsgm wrote:celticss fans are mad because they sucked in the 90s. can't blame the lakers because your future franchise player dies the day after you draft him because he was addicted to ice cream. i mean crack cocaine.

this is my first(and hopefully last) post on your board, but if this guy isnt suspended the mods here are PATHETIC
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,819

Post#36 » by TyCobb » Thu Jun 5, 2008 4:20 am

Yes, calling the mods "PATHETIC" will sure help your case.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#37 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jun 5, 2008 4:26 am

greenbeans wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

this is my first(and hopefully last) post on your board, but if this guy isnt suspended the mods here are PATHETIC

We are not on the boards at every moment. However, if there is a post that you feel violates the TOS then you should hit the report button. You also should know that. Considering your inability to do that and subsequent insulting post. Consider yourself warned for back seat modding.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#38 » by greenbeans » Thu Jun 5, 2008 4:33 am

im sorry, i figured since 2 moderators had posted in the thread since then you already knew.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#39 » by NBAWestFan » Thu Jun 5, 2008 5:14 am

BEAT BOSTON

This is a great rivalry. Boston fans coming on to the Laker Forum.
IEcelticfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#40 » by IEcelticfan » Thu Jun 5, 2008 5:28 am

TonyMontana wrote:You guys are going to be the Basketball version of the Patriots, a good regular season, got past the playyoffs and made it to the Finals and YOU GUYS JUST .............. ehhmmmm haaammmm I think I got something stuck in my Ehmmmmmmmm emmm Im choookkkking can someone get me a bottle of Gatorade with K.Gs picture on it.......... :rofl:

uh..i see it more like la are like the pats goin in as the faves and look @ what happeed....hmmm....

Return to Los Angeles Lakers