ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers vs Bulls is the future (who is better?)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#21 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:42 pm

Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe not better than CP3, but some type of Isiah-MJ hybrid (but of course better than both).

you are claiming that Rose will be better than both Isiah and Magic?Mike?
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Deepness5134
Analyst
And1: 58

Post#22 » by Deepness5134 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:48 pm

Wow...you guys are pretty confident about saying that the bulls are awful and we have a long way's to go before we can ever be contenders again.

I guess it's fair enough for you to be confident in sayin you can beat us seeing as youre in the finals and we're not so im not gonna argue that.

you're better than us now and there's a chance you'll be better than us if we meet in the finals in the future. But you can't say that we're gonna be awful for years to come. You no idea about what may or may not happen.

A year ago there was a possibility that kobe woulda left and you'd be left w/o any legit superstar.

Personally, i think we're one D. Rose and a one good coach away from being playoff contenders. and then a development year away from being title contenders.

I dont know if we'd beat you in the finals. But anything can happen...we can luck out again and get a great trade, or both Deng/Gordon sign for reasonable contracts and then follow to have Allstar years (Deng more than BG imo).

But to go as far in saying that we have no business being in the playoffs and saying that we can't get there anytime soon is kind of ignorant.

Good Luck in the Finals.
Add me! https://twitter.com/GDaul" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#23 » by Dexmor » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:51 pm

That is true Portland will be trouble to us.
Lebron is not scary yet but he will be in 2010 when he goes to the Brooklyn Nets. That will be pretty damm scary as well.

I think the Bulls will probably be better then the Blazers for us matchup wise because the Blazers have 2 7 footers and Oden which makes them so scary yet we have Bynum to match Oden and Gasol to match Aldridge and Kobe to dworf Roy.

The Bulls are gonna have like 7 allstars on there team. The only thing I take comfort with is they will not have the money to keep all of them.

As for Wade they are not trading Wade for Rose although I would if I was the Heat they probably won;t. Neither team will want to do it.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#24 » by Slava » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:52 pm

I really don't think the Bulls are drafting this year. They're most likely going to deal that pick for a superstar (D-Wade).
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#25 » by Dexmor » Thu Jun 5, 2008 7:10 pm

SoCAL24 wrote:i saw the title and immediately knew this post was asking for trouble. but the concept is not that bad.

there are some assumptions though that I can't support:

1) Fisher will be our PG in 2010
2) Gordon will be on the Bulls in 2010
3) Rose will transform the Bulls to the best team in the East

It is a cool idea, well thought-out. But I'd wait for Rose to play in the NBA before making these assumptions.

I know my posts are very long sometimes so some don't read it all but I said I know they will shake up the roster but even if they didn't because I couldn't compare the players they will trade for because I have no idea who they will be.

I know Fisher won't be our starting pg in 2010 because he will be 35 and Farmar will be in his 4th year and probably a top 15 pg.

Rose will without a doubt turn the Bulls into the best team in the East unless Lebron goes to the Nets or Knicks which he probably will (probably Nets with Jay-Z and him being in buisness together) and assuming the Nets hold onto RJ,Harris,Kristic along with Lebron will be top 2 in the east but I take the Bulls.

The Bulls are gonna trade for a really good pg and a really good pf and will be able to do so while keeping Deng and Rose.

You guys have to realize if Kirk didn't have a bad year they would have had enough to make the playoffs with Kirk-Ben-Deng and. in 2 years with Tyrus and Noah being older then Bulls without Rose could have turned into a top team in the East. Now they are going to have a top player on the Paul, Wade, JJ level.

Rose
Kirk
Ben
Hughes
Deng
Noci
Gooden
Noah
Thomas

That is insane.

The Pistons will be pretty good to if they get something big for Billups and Sheed or imo they will surely trade. Maxiel is gonna be a great pf and Stuckey is gonna be a steal and a half. He could end up a top 10 pg easy.
He will be a 20 and 7 guy. I still don't know how he slipped.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#26 » by CBS7 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 7:22 pm

j-far wrote:I really don't think the Bulls are drafting this year. They're most likely going to deal that pick for a superstar (D-Wade).

We most likely will draft, and IMO it will be Rose. On top of that, the Heat wouldn't trade Wade for the #1, and if they would, it would raise some red flags for the Bulls.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#27 » by Slava » Thu Jun 5, 2008 7:37 pm

CBS7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We most likely will draft, and IMO it will be Rose. On top of that, the Heat wouldn't trade Wade for the #1, and if they would, it would raise some red flags for the Bulls.

May be and you shurely should be knowing the situation better tha an outside observer like me but the one thing that interests me is the Wade Riley rleationship. They surely aren't on the same page. Riley is looking to rebuild imo with a young coach and Wade obviously has his own reservations regarding that.

To me, RIley is better off having both Rose and Beasley than Wade if he wants to go ahead with what he started and Wade fits perfectly with the Bulls.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#28 » by Dexmor » Thu Jun 5, 2008 7:48 pm

See the thing is I don't think the Bulls would do it. I believe the Heat would be better off with Beasley and Rose although I think they would have to trade Marion at that point. The only way the Bulls do that is if they don't like Beasley and Rose really rebels against the Bulls.
Also Wade is still young and surely still young enough to build around.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#29 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Thu Jun 5, 2008 9:17 pm

Phil_2.0 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

you are claiming that Rose will be better than both Isiah and Magic?Mike?

Better than Isiah and Michael, but with Wilt's rebounding ability.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jun 5, 2008 9:22 pm

Better than Isiah and Michael, but with Wilt's rebounding ability.

Why dont you add something to the converastion instead of trying to be mister funny guy. ?
garcia3
Starter
And1: 9

Post#31 » by garcia3 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 9:25 pm

Star24 come on man, why you have to do this man??
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#32 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Thu Jun 5, 2008 10:39 pm

Phil_2.0 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why dont you add something to the converastion instead of trying to be mister funny guy. ?

The thread was made by a guy assuming Rose to already be the best PG in the NBA. I thought it was meant to be a joke thread.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jun 5, 2008 11:25 pm

The thread was made by a guy assuming Rose to already be the best PG in the NBA. I thought it was meant to be a joke thread.

Even if it was. We dont need your peanut gallery - trollish posts.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#34 » by boogydown » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:29 am

If you did your research on Paxson, he will draft a guy that is a classy guy which makes Rose the perfect fit. (D. Wade won't be traded).

Paxson will go one of two ways

Liquidate Long Term Contracts for Expiring Contracts for 2010
Example: Marion for Nocioni + Hinrich

PG Rose - Sefo
SG Gordon - Sefo
SF Deng - T. Thomas
PF Marion - T. Thomas
C Gooden - Noah

Move for a Star this offseason
EXAMPLE: Hinrich, Deng, Gooden For Mello + Martin

PG Rose - Sefo
SG Gordon - Sefo
SF Mello - Nocioni
PF Martin - T. Thomas
C Noah - Gray

Seeing that if he can't land a big star, he will then have Gooden, Hughes, and the expiring contracts for 2010. Then they will move on either Lebron, Wade, or Bosh.

So we won't see the full impact of Chicago until really 2010-2011 (2 years)

I could see them have this team in the future though.
Deepness5134
Analyst
And1: 58

Post#35 » by Deepness5134 » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:39 am

boogydown wrote:If you did your research on Paxson, he will draft a guy that is a classy guy which makes Rose the perfect fit. (D. Wade won't be traded).

Paxson will go one of two ways

Liquidate Long Term Contracts for Expiring Contracts for 2010
Example: Marion for Nocioni + Hinrich

PG Rose - Sefo
SG Gordon - Sefo
SF Deng - T. Thomas
PF Marion - T. Thomas
C Gooden - Noah

Move for a Star this offseason
EXAMPLE: Hinrich, Deng, Gooden For Mello + Martin

PG Rose - Sefo
SG Gordon - Sefo
SF Mello - Nocioni
PF Martin - T. Thomas
C Noah - Gray

Seeing that if he can't land a big star, he will then have Gooden, Hughes, and the expiring contracts for 2010. Then they will move on either Lebron, Wade, or Bosh.

So we won't see the full impact of Chicago until really 2010-2011 (2 years)

I could see them have this team in the future though.

I completely agree w/ that. I do think we'll start by making the playoffs on a consistant basis, but after that, who knows.
Add me! https://twitter.com/GDaul" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Farm Raid
Starter
And1: 0

Post#36 » by Farm Raid » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:57 am

Potential and 24 cents can't get you a gumball, so who cares? In any given year there's like 10-15 teams that have alot of potential and there's only like 3-5 teams that are actual contenders so what does that say? Someone's potential isn't panning out.

Basically: Doesn't matter. One year of even reaching the Finals is better than 50 years of amazing potential without getting there.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#37 » by boogydown » Fri Jun 6, 2008 3:18 pm

With my above statement is that if Chicago can pull off landing a big star this offseason for their tradeable assets, then they could become about as good as the Bulls in the 90's. The keyword is could

A lot of people were proposing Mello trades which Denver didn't really have any reason to object including ones which Hinrich + Deng + Gooden for Mello + Martin, some proposed Gordon + Deng + Gooden For Mello + Martin so Denver would be willing to sign a FA after next season with Gooden and Camby expiring

PG Hinrich
SG Iverson
SF Deng
PF Boozer
C Nene

PG Rose
SG Gordon
SF Mello
PF T. Thomas
C Noah

Now I am sure Chicago would consider giving another player like Sefo, Noah, or T. Thomas up for Mello in that. If they did make that trade, and then signed say Lebron, or Wade, or Bosh, then we will see them as the team to beat in 2011.

PG Rose
SG Gordon
SF Mello
PF Bosh
C Noah
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#38 » by NBAWestFan » Fri Jun 6, 2008 3:47 pm

Chicago is not much of a future cause they don't have a great Big man. Chicago does not play good D. and no where near a top caliber team as the Top 4 teams even in two years. If they got Greg Oden or Dwight Howard then I would say they are the Future.

Portland if they pick up some good veterans looks like the Future.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers