ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers vs Bulls is the future (who is better?)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Lakers vs Bulls is the future (who is better?) 

Post#1 » by Dexmor » Thu Jun 5, 2008 12:43 am

The Bulls will select Rose and he is gonna be the best pg in the league. Even if he doesn't beat out Chris Paul for the title he will be at worse the 2nd best pg in the league and a sure fire top 6-10 player in the game maybe even higher. He will be better then Williams and in the Wade-Paul category and kind of a mix of the 2. A mvp candidate were talking.
The Bulls had the talent to make the playoffs and go far in the playoffs yet they didn't and now will have one of the elite players added to the already talented young team.
I know the Celtics are a very good team but the Bulls imo will overtake them in about 2 years when KG-Pierce-Allen are almost in there mid 30's.

2010 I am talking by the way and on.
Assuming Bynum comes back 100% which he is the Lakers will be the best team in the West no problem. Bynum-Gasol-Odom-Kobe-Farmar, that sounds like an NBA live team.

The Bulls we know are going to make changes to there roster but lets just pretend they leave it the way it is and just add Rose.

C.Noah-He is a complete clown, an idiot, a screw up and I would love to slap him 20x but he can board and block

PF.Tyrus Thomas-He is never gonna be the player they thought but he will be damm good. Not #2 pick good but good just the same.

SF.Deng-Surely gonna be an allstar on both ends. Has the work ethic as good as anybody except you know who.

SG.Ben Gorden-He should break out the champaingne when they draft Rose. Having a big and strong pg who can easily cover sg's and will probably need a few sg's to guard him to have a chance Ben's life will be eaiser. Ben is no longer a liability because Rose will guard the 2's and Ben can stick the pg's. With Rose there Gorden will easily get 22 a game and alot of dunks.

SG.I am listing 2 sg's because I don't know who will start. As much as Rose will help Gorden he will help Hughes as well. Hughes a couple years ago was a 20 point a game scorer with Gil as his pg but now he will be in a fastbreak offense with a pg who will get him the ball anywhere he wants it and needs it. He will go back to being that 20 point a game scorer.

PG.Rose-Do I even have to say anything. He is a mix of Deron Williams and Dwayne Wade. He has the skill and game of a Williams with the size and athletism of a Wade.

The Bench is a starting lineup in itself

Aaron Gray
Drew Gooden-He is a starter
Noci-He is another starter who will be coming off the bench
Hughes or Gorden-
Kirk Hinrick-There 10th man can be another teams 3rd. I am not saying Kirk is there 10th man but imagine they have a backup backcourt of Kirk and Gorden with Noci at the 3 and Gooden at the 4?
That is redicoulus. We have a good bench because we have a sharp shooter in Sasha and a young nice pg in Farmar but they have guys who demand 50 million dollar contracts off the bench and alot of them.
They have a big 3 but on alot of nights they have a big 9.

C.Bynum-Ronny vs C.Noah-Gray Advantage Lakers
PF.Gasol-Radman vs Tyrus-Gooden Advantage Lakers
SF.Odom-Luke-Ariza vs Deng-Noci Advantage Bulls
SG.Kobe-Sasha vs Gorden-Hughes-Thabo Advantage Lakers
PG.Fisher-Farmar vs Rose-Kirk-Duhon Advantage Bulls

Coach to early to tell who is gonna be there. Will Phil be there? Who will be the Bulls coach.

I know it's to soon to be talking about this so alot of hate mail is gonna come my way but in 2 years or possibly even next year it's gonna be Lakers vs Bulls. That is gonna be the new rivalry. 2 dynasty's are about to be born at the same time.

Overall Lakers over Bulls

The Bulls have a much deeper team from top to bottom. Our 6th man will never win a 6th man award and the Bulls will have about 4 guys who can win it. We have a better 1-2-3-4 combo then them and a better #1 player. We have a better Center but they have a better pg.
We have a solid bench but they will have a history breaking bench and possible with the right trades they could end up with 5 allstar caliber players in the starting 5. Our 4 will win out every time because one of them is Kobe and the other is a Center.
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#2 » by Gus McCrae » Thu Jun 5, 2008 1:03 am

i saw the title and immediately knew this post was asking for trouble. but the concept is not that bad.

there are some assumptions though that I can't support:

1) Fisher will be our PG in 2010
2) Gordon will be on the Bulls in 2010
3) Rose will transform the Bulls to the best team in the East

It is a cool idea, well thought-out. But I'd wait for Rose to play in the NBA before making these assumptions.
xxjunkyxx
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#3 » by xxjunkyxx » Thu Jun 5, 2008 1:19 am

chicago is a mess
Milan24
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Milan24 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 1:36 am

Star24>>>>>Lakers, Bulls and the Machine!
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach
And1: 99

Post#5 » by Gerald3Wallace » Thu Jun 5, 2008 1:46 am

rose already the 2nd best point gaurd if not the best??

really??

farmar
sasha
ariza
turiaf
bynum

>

chicago
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#6 » by Crooked-I » Thu Jun 5, 2008 1:50 am

We don't even know if Bulls are going to select Rose, they might trade the pick for DWade.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by Gerald3Wallace » Thu Jun 5, 2008 3:55 am

^ dwade + 2nd pick for 1st pick is one of the worst trades....thats worst then the pau gasol trade

1 and 2 pick are elite players compared to the rest..

so why would the heat do that? give up your superstar and a stud for the 1st pick...

they should at least try to get the 1st and 2nd pick...wade for 1st pick, noah, hughes

draft rose and beasely

rose
hughes
marion
beasely
noah
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#8 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:02 am

xxjunkyxx wrote:chicago is a mess
Exactly, it may take a decade just to right the ship.

But really why should any of us Laker fans care ?
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#9 » by Chubby Chaser » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:18 am

Portland is going to be more trouble to us than the Bulls
doozyj
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,842

Post#10 » by doozyj » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:58 am

I also could give a rats ass, this is the Lakers Board. :wink:

but seriously, the Bulls have a ton of options, lots of moves to make and it is hard to say at this point in time.
AgentK0be
Sophomore

Post#11 » by AgentK0be » Thu Jun 5, 2008 8:05 am

Chubby Chaser wrote:Portland is going to be more trouble to us than the Bulls

+1
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#12 » by Tricky Ricky » Thu Jun 5, 2008 12:20 pm

Isnt there a player in the league named LeBron James?
Quote of the year
MyInsatiableOne wrote:Did we just seriously post Danny's personal address and phone # on the board? :o
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#13 » by Kobay » Thu Jun 5, 2008 1:10 pm

Portland has way more brighter future. Hell, they're infinitely better than Bulls right now. Brandon Roy is so much better than Rose.

Edit: I guess someone already mention Portland.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#14 » by hermes » Thu Jun 5, 2008 2:50 pm

rose is going to be better than CP3?
islander009
Junior
And1: 21

Post#15 » by islander009 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 3:55 pm

In the ultra competitive west, Portland is a bigger concern for us then the Bulls. Rose is a great PG, Beasley is a great PF, but can they produce and become such a top tier player immediately? I dont think so, i think it will take them at lesat 3 years to get into real NBA shape. So if its a concern seeing them in next years finals or the following years, there isnt anything to worry when we already have a GREAT TEAM. not one or two players but we have a TEAM.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,528

Post#16 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Thu Jun 5, 2008 4:03 pm

hermes wrote:rose is going to be better than CP3?

Maybe not better than CP3, but some type of Isiah-MJ hybrid (but of course better than both).
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#17 » by CBS7 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 4:08 pm

Gerald3Wallace wrote:farmar
sasha
ariza
turiaf
bynum

>

chicago

You can't be serious.

DEEP3CL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Exactly, it may take a decade just to right the ship.

But really why should any of us Laker fans care ?

1 year we miss the playoffs and it takes a decade to right the ship, even after we luck out and get the #1 pick?

Chubby Chaser wrote:Portland is going to be more trouble to us than the Bulls

Definitely agree. In the same conference, and has players that fit together more. We still don't know what Chicago will do with #1 anyways.
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by Gerald3Wallace » Thu Jun 5, 2008 5:00 pm

^ yes im serious..

we got teh defense that would kill yours. ok..u guys got the 1st pick...but not one guy on your team can guard bynum...btw..u might like rose and deng..but i guarantee ariza will shut down deng and sasha would give drose fits...

ur team isnt very good when u got 2 guys playing for contracts...gordon is asking to be paid like a superstar, which he is not...dude is one dimensional...tyrus thomas wont get no pt cause dude is lazy..

again...lakers future > yours
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#19 » by Gus McCrae » Thu Jun 5, 2008 5:00 pm

Milan24 wrote:Star24>>>>>Lakers, Bulls and the Machine!

lol +1
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#20 » by CBS7 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 5:38 pm

Gerald3Wallace wrote:^ yes im serious..

we got teh defense that would kill yours. ok..u guys got the 1st pick...but not one guy on your team can guard bynum...btw..u might like rose and deng..but i guarantee ariza will shut down deng and sasha would give drose fits...

I recall that the Bulls were top 3 defense in the league the 3 years before this one, and even in this off year they were still in the top 10 range.

Ariza wasn't shutting anyone down when they met in the past and Deng has scored against far better defensive players.

We haven't even seen Rose yet. But if he does come close to fullfilling his potential, few people will be able to guard him, and Sasha isn't going to be one of them.

ur team isnt very good when u got 2 guys playing for contracts...gordon is asking to be paid like a superstar, which he is not...dude is one dimensional...tyrus thomas wont get no pt cause dude is lazy..

We'll have no one playing for contracts this year unless Gordon takes the QO... which isn't going to happen.

And I won't even say anything about Thomas, that statement you made is just wrong.

again...lakers future > yours

That may be so but its because of guys like Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum, not Ariza, Turiaf, and Vujacic.

Rose (unknown, but has superstar potential and a great attitude), Gordon (proven 20ppg clutch scorer in the NBA)/Sefolosha(6-7 guard who has played well defensively against stars), and Deng(Proven 19/7 young guy who can be a 2nd/3rd option on a great team) is likely going to be far better then Farmar/Vujajic/Ariza. Thomas/Turiaf is a wash right now, but Turiaf has 4 years on Thomas, who plays well when given minutes and has more room to grow.

Agree about Bynum, if he comes back near 100% he craps on Noah, who's got decent potential but won't be able to keep up with Bynum.

I dunno, fans of others team seem to think that the Bulls talent is crap now after one bad year.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers