ImageImageImageImageImage

Make a slight adjustment

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

blaha112
Senior
And1: 7

Make a slight adjustment 

Post#1 » by blaha112 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 1:36 pm

I am a non biased party. I like the celtics and lakers equally.

The lakers need to make an adjustment to win this series. Instead of shooting so many jumpshots, they need to get to the rack. Also, they need to get some post points.

There's a reason why powe had more foul shots than the lakers. He was a beast on the inside. Once the positioning is there all you could do was foul him. You guys could do the same thing with kobe. Post kobe up... he'll get boston in foul trouble.

Also, can't complain about the last foul pierce drew. The previous play kobe drew a week foul on pierce with 38 seconds to go.

Quit complaining and quit shooting jumpshots. Go to the rack and enjoy the free throws.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,561

Post#2 » by hermes » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:19 pm

from what i could tell they started out with kobe posting up, and were more aggressive driving to the rim-early in the game
but they didn't shoot any free throws :dontknow:
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Re: Make a slight adjustment 

Post#3 » by snaquille oatmeal » Mon Jun 9, 2008 3:24 pm

blaha112 wrote:I am a non biased party. I like the celtics and lakers equally.

The lakers need to make an adjustment to win this series. Instead of shooting so many jumpshots, they need to get to the rack. Also, they need to get some post points.

There's a reason why powe had more foul shots than the lakers. He was a beast on the inside. Once the positioning is there all you could do was foul him. You guys could do the same thing with kobe. Post kobe up... he'll get boston in foul trouble.

Also, can't complain about the last foul pierce drew. The previous play kobe drew a week foul on pierce with 38 seconds to go.

Quit complaining and quit shooting jumpshots. Go to the rack and enjoy the free throws.
you know, I keep reading posts like yours and at first I was like "whatever", but now I am starting to get angry.

basketball is a game of rythm and momemtum and the Lakers were not able to establish either of those until the refs started to actually call the game more balanced the second part of the 4th.

you talk about agressiveness, but do not ackowledge that the Lakers were the agressors last night. yes really! for what is worth:

Celtics:
45 perimeter shots
23 shots in the key
38 free throws

Lakers:
42 perimeter shots
41 shots in the key
10 free throws
Forum permissions