ImageImageImageImageImage

This makes no sense (No Homer)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

MikeyMike
Starter
And1: 2

This makes no sense (No Homer) 

Post#1 » by MikeyMike » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:53 pm

I just don't understand how the Lakers are down 0-2 and right now.

They have been dominating a much better Western Conference in these playoffs while Boston has been struggling along to make it this far against a much weaker Eastern Conference...(Such as 7 games against ATL, playing so many more games than Lakers, etc...)

Game 2 should have been won by the Lakers and I was counting on that to happen like the sun rises in the morning.

The Lakers are a better team, from their starters to their bench.

I still have faith...I see the Lakers taking the next 3 games at home and then taking game 6 in Boston.

Shaq did it with Miami, and Kobe will do it now with the Lakers.

Just had to vent and put things into perspective...BEAT BOSTON!

Fisher, remembered, “We weren’t sitting around waiting for something to happen to become one of the best teams in the league. We set out to become that.”
Who-rod
Starter
And1: 254

Post#2 » by Who-rod » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:59 pm

While I do agree that the Lakers had a tougher road to get to the finals, and they are a very good team, I think if you haven't watched all of Boston's games in this playoffs, you would fail to see that they played much better in this Pistons series than they did in Cleveland or Atlanta, and they just appear to have found their groove.

Tonights game will be very telling. The Lakers could lay a whooping on Boston, and everything starts anew. One thing I have noticed about the media in these playoffs, is they are far to reactionary. When the C's lost game 2 to the pistons, they were buried. That was no more the case than now, the C's did what they were supposed to do... now we see if the Lakers can do the same.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#3 » by TonyMontana » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:02 am

Who-rod wrote:While I do agree that the Lakers had a tougher road to get to the finals, and they are a very good team, I think if you haven't watched all of Boston's games in this playoffs, you would fail to see that they played much better in this Pistons series than they did in Cleveland or Atlanta, and they just appear to have found their groove.

Tonights game will be very telling. The Lakers could lay a whooping on Boston, and everything starts anew. One thing I have noticed about the media in these playoffs, is they are far to reactionary. When the C's lost game 2 to the pistons, they were buried. That was no more the case than now, the C's did what they were supposed to do... now we see if the Lakers can do the same.

Hey Mang, your always welcomed to visit our board anytime you please.
Your a good poster and if anyone gives you any iSH you tell'em your a friend of TONY MONTANA MANG..... :clap:
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#4 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:19 am

I think the team hasn't played up to it's potential in these two games. It won't be that easy..
MikeyMike
Starter

Post#5 » by MikeyMike » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:29 am

^
Exactly, If Odom could step up I see the Lakers winning.

Fisher, remembered, “We weren’t sitting around waiting for something to happen to become one of the best teams in the league. We set out to become that.”
KobeNLakeShow
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#6 » by KobeNLakeShow » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:45 am

they just gotta be aggressive go after rebounds and play some BEEBin DEFENSE!!! HOW CAN POWE just go full court and dunk the ball, HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN!!!

bench vlad.
"You must be the change you wish to see" - Gandhi
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#7 » by TonyMontana » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:12 am

MikeyMike wrote:^
Exactly, If Odom could step up I see the Lakers winning.

Yup Yup , thats the key.
Hopefully his not confused tonight.
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#8 » by slifersd » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:14 am

I think one of the biggest reason Lakers are down 0-2 is that they don't match up well against the Celtics. As it stands, we have nobody that can consistently match up against Paul Pierce all game long. In the meantime, whoever we put on KG (mainly Odom) is getting manhandled as well. When Boston played Detroit and Cleaveland, both of these teams shut them down offensively, but lost the serie because they didn't have enough fire power to win the game themselves. Boston's offense is severely underated because they didn't play that well in the playoffs, but when you have three superstars on your roster, your offense couldn't possibly that bad. We are a finesse offensive team, which is the complete opposite to the physical defensive team Boston has. When offense matches up against defense, history suggests that defense will win most of the time.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#9 » by Chubby Chaser » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:23 am

One of the main reasons we haven't been doing well against boston is because as of right now without Bynum, we don't matchup well against them. The two positions that we have been strong at these playoffs is our 4/5 combo with Odom and Pau. Their unselfishness and chemistry passing has been inspiring and fun to watch. But where they are strong, Boston's 4/5 combo of Perkins and Garnet is better, physically. Perkins is a bully and can push Pau out of the paint and Garnet is a SUPERIOR shot blocker. Their defense combined, as evident from these past few games, can shut down our front court. And this is not good for the lakers.

Also, as I have mentioned earlier. Phil has went away from using Sasha and made Luke our 6th man off the bench because of the matchup against Pierce. Sasha was one of the main reasons we have had so much success this year. Sasha/Jordan basically is our bench. With Sasha carrying the major load. I feel that our best lineup against Boston is Fish,Sasha, Kobe, LO, Pau. If we can contain pierce we can take back the series. Allen and Garnet are great players. But Pierce is the one who really get's their offense going and draws fouls and doubles and has been remarkable from behind the arc. He hits timely shots and has been killing us. Slow down pierce, and we can claw our way back into this series. But, we're going to have to get a better effort out of Pau. He's alot better and tougher than what he displayed today. He should be embarassed of himself.

Also, we need to start winning the 3rd quarter. We've had success these playoffs by being more aggressive and winning the third quarter. Boston however has beaten us every time in the third this series. Games can be won or lost in the third.
Verbal
Banned User

Post#10 » by Verbal » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:32 am

Read the Game 2 and Game 3 game threads for some answers? :dontknow:
KobeFan
Junior

Post#11 » by KobeFan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:One of the main reasons we haven't been doing well against boston is because as of right now without Bynum, we don't matchup well against them. The two positions that we have been strong at these playoffs is our 4/5 combo with Odom and Pau. Their unselfishness and chemistry passing has been inspiring and fun to watch. But where they are strong, Boston's 4/5 combo of Perkins and Garnet is better, physically. Perkins is a bully and can push Pau out of the paint and Garnet is a SUPERIOR shot blocker. Their defense combined, as evident from these past few games, can shut down our front court. And this is not good for the lakers.

Also, as I have mentioned earlier. Phil has went away from using Sasha and made Luke our 6th man off the bench because of the matchup against Pierce. Sasha was one of the main reasons we have had so much success this year. Sasha/Jordan basically is our bench. With Sasha carrying the major load. I feel that our best lineup against Boston is Fish,Sasha, Kobe, LO, Pau. If we can contain pierce we can take back the series. Allen and Garnet are great players. But Pierce is the one who really get's their offense going and draws fouls and doubles and has been remarkable from behind the arc. He hits timely shots and has been killing us. Slow down pierce, and we can claw our way back into this series. But, we're going to have to get a better effort out of Pau. He's alot better and tougher than what he displayed today. He should be embarassed of himself.

Also, we need to start winning the 3rd quarter. We've had success these playoffs by being more aggressive and winning the third quarter. Boston however has beaten us every time in the third this series. Games can be won or lost in the third.

Great post. Lots of legitimate points here, and one of the most insightful posts I've read here.
daddyfivestar
Banned User

Post#12 » by daddyfivestar » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:45 pm

"Offense, just run the offense. Defense, play defense." How to win games by Cleveland Buckner, former NBA player and college coach. The Lakers should try this strategy.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#13 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:01 pm

If anybody has taped the Finals go back and watch one important aspect that it'll take to win this series. It's the hustle plays, every time the Lakers put forth the effort to go get the ball weather it was a loose ball or extra effort on the offensive glass good things happened.

In order to beat a good defensive team like the Celtics the extra effort is necessary. It's the only element to off set the need to run the offense to perfection. Those plays lead to the easiest baskets that they'll score.

My point being is you CAN'T be double teamed on a hustle play.
There is no HELP defense on a hustle play.
You can break a teams will by making the hustle play.

Bottom line is if they make enough of them they win the games.

Tell me I'm wrong.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers