ImageImageImageImageImage

Reason y we lost the 4th game...

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

tayzer
Junior
And1: 1

Reason y we lost the 4th game... 

Post#1 » by tayzer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:51 am

Obviously, got to give credit to the Celt D before they start crying.

Problems:

1. Gasol making girly passes, and catching like a girl. He had the oppurtunity to make a lot of shots if only he can catch the ball. If Bynum was playing, he would have catch all those passes and jam it in Garnett's face (looking foward to next year).

2. Kobe settling for jump shots, and attacking the rim way too late.

3. Lakers didn't watch the scout on Pierce. He always drives base line. The defender needs to stay home on his base line shoulder and dare him to shoot the J or drive in the middle where the back up is at.

4. Phil took too long to put Kobe on Pierce. He knows Pierce likes that baseline drive. Obviously, Ariza didn't know this.

5. No one was running plays for Sasha to shoot. I bet he would of nail a couple good shots to get the Lakers momentum going. I was waiting for the play, but it never came.

6. Pierce is a master at flops. The one where he drives next to u and throw his head and chest up and pretend to trip a little, works every d2mn time. He did it to Kobe, Gasol, and in the regular season to Bynum. How the hell are u gonna guard that. The only way is for Kobe to pick up this cheap a55 move and do it back to him.

7. Offense took way too long to get set up. Should have Kobe run the ball early on.

8. The Celts were losing. They were panicking to get back in the game. We should have post up more. They would've foul or callaspe and we would kick the ball back out.

Anyone else wants to add on?
sirgant1
Starter
And1: 0

Post#2 » by sirgant1 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:06 am

I think Phil is trying to call you so you can sit on the bench next to him on Sunday and share your excellent advice. :noway:
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#3 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:14 am

Phil also stayed with Jordan too long, he says he did it because of House being it the game he liked Jordan's speed on him.

Problem is the offense bogs down when Jordan gets extended minutes.Tonight he played 23. The offense sputtered as soon as he went to most of that line up in the 3rd.

Phil has to realize he doesn't have that veteran team he's use to having, letting them figure it out on their own is not a pass this team should have.

By the time he went back to Fish and Vlad the game was in jeopardy.

Then on top of that he didn't go to Lamar instead he went to the same line up that almost pulled out Game 2. But the problem is that was Game 2 this was Game 4. Lamar was playing well until that 3rd because the offense fell out of sync.

I blame a lot of this lost on Phil.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
sirgant1
Starter

Post#4 » by sirgant1 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:29 am

^Bingo, there you go, someone who understands the game. Farmar was in too long, and the Lakers lost all flow in their offense. Jackson needed to come back with Fish earlier to steady the ship. Doc outcoached Phil on this one.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#5 » by RJM » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:41 am

This is the new game thread for tonight? Oh sweet. In that case, we lost Game 4 because we gave up and ruined any chance we had of regaining momentum by playing sloppy defense and not having enough testicles in the post. Oh yeah, and Phil benched Odom at the worst possible time.
theFRANCHISE
Sixth Man
And1: 354

Post#6 » by theFRANCHISE » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:25 am

gasoft made horrible passes down the stretch
"You could call it with braille!" - Chick Hearn
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#7 » by Chubby Chaser » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:44 am

Everyone blew it. Not just one person. One person can't blow a 20+ lead. It was the whole organization, from Phil, to Kobe, to Farmar, to Pau Gasol to Kurt Rambis. Everyone. That third quarter was un acceptable.
GOBlazers
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Re: Reason y we lost the 4th game... 

Post#8 » by GOBlazers » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:56 am

tayzer wrote:Gasol making girly passes, and catching like a girl. He had the oppurtunity to make a lot of shots if only he can catch the ball. If Bynum was playing, he would have catch all those passes and jam it in Garnett's face (looking foward to next year).

Gasol will always be soft, but he's still a great addition for the Lakers.

Game was lost due to their bench play (Vujacic and Farmar), and Kobe's shot selection. Bench play is rarely consistent, whereas your Franchise player should be.

Kobe Lost this game, but He'll be the one that wins game 5. Remember LA's comeback in 2002 against the kings? Anything is possible
cavsfan_osiris
Starter
And1: 4

Post#9 » by cavsfan_osiris » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:22 am

He went with Turiaf too long, Gasol should have played more.
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#10 » by Gek » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:16 pm

I think I read this in the game thread?
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
NLK
Head Coach
And1: 9
Location: CHICAGO is a big market with many Rings! Eat S#%T New York!

Post#11 » by NLK » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:40 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:
Phil has to realize he doesn't have that veteran team he's use to having, letting them figure it out on their own is not a pass this team should have.

I think that right there spoke volumes to me. Face it, when the players are out there on the floor, it is up to the coach to figure out whats the best combination brings you the best result. Players are always going to have accountability with respect to their play, but the coach should've seen and/or realized who plays the best together (i.e. team cohesiveness and chemistry, who's got the hot hand!) PJ, imho, lost this one for the Lakers. Too many people are blaming Kobe, he was guarded well, and his shot was off. He got his teammates involved early, and saved his energy in the 2nd half. But like with any scheme, there's always a caveat. Kobe has been pretty consistent when it comes to the 4th quarter, that it was just assumed he'd switch it on again at the end. And to some degree he did, but the time he did, the opposing teams defense would just crumble. The Boston Celtics defense didn't crumble (albeit there was some missed calls for being overly aggressive, and the "refs" let them play). Phil should've seen around the 2 or 3 minute mark to go back to Fisher Odom and guys that helped prop the 1st half lead. He failed in that regard.
-NLK: Offending Djiboutians since November 2007
"You don't truly know someone, until you fight them."
"To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very essence that makes us human."
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#12 » by Lava Rock Kid » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:14 pm

The real reason you lost?

You are not getting the "Laker" fouls you usually get. The NBA is under alot of scrutiny right now and is calling the games correctly. You are not getting the calls you did against Utah and San Antonio. If the league called those series like they are this series. Utah would of played San Antonio in the west conf finals and San Antonio would of been in the finals. Personnally I think it is about time.
LongTimeFan
Analyst
And1: 292

Post#13 » by LongTimeFan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:50 pm

I think LA lost because the Celtics got really lucky. Doc put 4 shooters on the floor with Garnet and they started making their shots. We haven't seen this line up all year long. Who would have thought the Celtics would completely abandon their defensive strategy against the best offensive team in the NBA.

It worked and LA had no strategy to deal with it. The players became disoriented and leaderless. Jackson had not even thought about this possibility. He had no strategy planned. Without Bynum there really is no obvious strategy to deal with 4 shooters and Garnet.

Even the Celtics were disoriented by the results. Ray Allen called off KG pick and drove to the basket. He was surprised by how open he was. Unfortuantely for the Lakers, no matter how surprised Ray Allen is, he can still make the lay-up.

You had us. We were desperate. Doc took a third period gamble with a never been used lineup and the gamble paid off bigtime. Looking back it makes sense, kind of. But beforehand half the coaches were against the move. The situation got desperate, we had nothing to lose, Doc gambled and we got lucky.

I don't even think you can fault Jackson. This 4 shooter lineup has not been played all year long. Maybe it makes a 10 sec appearance to close out a game for free throws.
c2asante
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#14 » by c2asante » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:10 pm

^ minus the part about luck I agree. it was just excellent coaching on the part of Doc Rivers.
gmurray8
Sophomore

Post#15 » by gmurray8 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Lava Rock Kid wrote:The real reason you lost?

You are not getting the "Laker" fouls you usually get. The NBA is under alot of scrutiny right now and is calling the games correctly. You are not getting the calls you did against Utah and San Antonio. If the league called those series like they are this series. Utah would of played San Antonio in the west conf finals and San Antonio would of been in the finals. Personnally I think it is about time.

Appeared quite the opposite when Pierce flopped like Manu coming around a screen in the final minutes and they gave him 2 FTs.

Go Troll elsewhere.
pardon_my_interruption
Lead Assistant
And1: 5

Post#16 » by pardon_my_interruption » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:17 pm

Lava Rock Kid wrote:The real reason you lost?

YES. YES!

The NBA can be a great product if they curb the manipulation and influence of the officiating for monetary gains. :nod:
blaha112
Senior
And1: 7

Post#17 » by blaha112 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:25 pm

STOP complaining about PP flopping. Did you see Kobe's last three? He was more worried about flopping then hitting the shot. He kicked his legs out funny, fell slightly backwards, and unfortunately for him PP didn't even put his hand up making no chance for the ref to call it. Don't hate PP hate for doing something Kobe does...
LarBrd33
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#18 » by LarBrd33 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:50 pm

Reasons Lakers lost game 4:

#1 - Paul Pierce
#2 - Ray Allen
#3 - Kevin Garnett
#4 - James Posey
#5 - Eddie House
#6 - PJ Brown
#7 - Leon Powe

As well as Doc Rivers and his staff...

I don't think it's fair for the media to call this a historical chokejob by the Lakers. It's just a miracle comeback from the Celtics. It's not fair to the Lakers to focus on their failure instead of focusing on how well Boston played that second half.

Series isn't over yet though. You guys will have opportunities to get the job done and make up for this. Everyone is expecting the Lakers to win this series in 5 or 6 games. Buckle up for a bloodbath.
for·mi·da·ble /ˈfɔrmɪdəbəl/ Pronunciation[fawr-mi-duh-buhl]
–adjective
1. to be youthier: That younger youthier player adds to the formidable frontline.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#19 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:37 pm

Hahah never used lineup? You're kidding?

Doc loves his small balls. He believes unwavering in small ballz. Usually it results in a loss because the other team gets rebounds or pounds it in teh post. But we were making a comeback and Kobe needed the ball in his hands. And Pierce is too strong for Kobe to post him up.

But Posey has played at PF and Garnett at C for us plenty of times.

Even moreso when we didn't have PJ Brown and Pollard was injured [always].

Return to Los Angeles Lakers