ImageImageImageImageImage

We can still win this series, I think we'll def win nex game

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

JazzItUp13
Veteran
And1: 1

Re: We can still win this series, I think we'll def win nex game 

Post#41 » by JazzItUp13 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:37 pm

I hope the celtics are getting overconfident....it would be that much more sweet. We have to find ways to score even when kobe is getting triple teamed. Reminds me of T-mac on the magic or T-mac on the rockets...if no one else is scoring there really isn't a whole lot kobe can do.
I got a question why they hating on me....
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#42 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:13 am

heres hoping they play more rondo and pj brown and less house and posey :beer:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#43 » by Kilroy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:09 pm

I'm not sure about all the bickering but...

It's definately possible for the Lakers to win this series, but from everything I've seen so far, it's little more than a mathematical oddity...

The Lakers haven't played well enough to win the series yet at any point. We've stayed close and scrapped, but the Celtics just have more going for them. It will be a miracle to rival the miracle on ice if the Lakers win it all...

But here's how it can be done... Pride... Defence... All of our perimeter defenders need to figure out how to defend the screen/roll. If our gaurds can learn how to fight through screens and our forwards can learn how to trap and cut off lanes, we can win this series. Every gaurd and forward on the Celtics are getting wide open shots because we aren't fighting through screens (time for the old elbow in the KG-groin vet move) and our forwards aren't switching with authority.

I think our offense has been adequate but it needs to be more fluid and Odom, Gasol, and Kobe need to attack the basket every time down the floor before anyone pulls up for a 3. Maybe even all of them should get a chance to drive before the ball gets kicked out... We can foul out KG, Perkins, Posey, etc, if we just attack all game. I think we'll get the calls even in Boston if we come out aggressive and attack the rim.

We also need to figure out how to close-out quarters...

It's a super long-shot though... Because Boston is just that good, and we haven't been able to find a rythm against them.... Plus we just plain blew many of the chances we've had...
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#44 » by hermes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:36 pm

a major key, now that the series is back in boston is winning the third quarter or tying it or at least keeping it close

we won it last night (24-18 ) so we need to keep that up
theFRANCHISE
Sixth Man
And1: 354

Re: 

Post#45 » by theFRANCHISE » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Minhee wrote:
8'sReverse wrote:
In the end we are all fans of the Lakers, but if the Lakers are going to win it's going to be the Lakers winning not because we believe in them.

Excellent post. This is exactly what I have been talking about. After a historic meltdown last night, our team is way too young and immature to be able to bounce back from that. They got their hearts broken so there is no way they will recover in a matter of 48-72 hrs.

It is like having your significant other seriously cheat on you are completely caught off guard by it. Do you seriously think you can recover in 72 hrs and date another person? Honestly unless you are cold blooded the answer is no. Kobe Bryant is probably the only person that is cold blooded but the other 11 guys on the team isn't.

its funny how you use an analogy with kobe bryant and cheating on a significant other in the same reply.
"You could call it with braille!" - Chick Hearn
GOBlazers
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Re: 

Post#46 » by GOBlazers » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:20 pm

dub81 wrote:Naw, we put up a good fight this year, but I'm still feel like crap because of the game last night, I'm just wondering how the Kobe, Sasha is feeling right now.

I hope you guys get off of the Sasha bandwagon now. He's a okay player at best. He looks like he's playing good d. But he flops way to much, and I lost a alot of respect of him when he tried to trip up Ray Allen when he was on the floor. JUST MAN UP AND PLAY BALL!!! not that sissy basketball.

I think "sissy" is an accurate way of describing Vujajic

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Re: Re: 

Post#47 » by Slava » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:27 pm

GOBlazers wrote:
dub81 wrote:Naw, we put up a good fight this year, but I'm still feel like crap because of the game last night, I'm just wondering how the Kobe, Sasha is feeling right now.

I hope you guys get off of the Sasha bandwagon now. He's a okay player at best. He looks like he's playing good d. But he flops way to much, and I lost a alot of respect of him when he tried to trip up Ray Allen when he was on the floor. JUST MAN UP AND PLAY BALL!!! not that sissy basketball.

You don't learn your lesson do you? :noway:
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Trifecta7
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#48 » by Trifecta7 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:34 pm

GOBlazers wrote:

What's wrong with this though? He's got his arm bleeding and he's furious that the game slipped away.

If you were going to use that argument, you could have at least used a gif of a flop or something.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,392

Post#49 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:46 pm

GOBlazers wrote:

I think dropping in to call a player a sissy into this thread is trolling considering your history on the board. This post has nothing to do with the topic, so please either stay on topic or refrain from trolling.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers