ImageImageImageImageImage

Freaking Radmonovic! ENOUGH ALREADY!

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Freaking Radmonovic! ENOUGH ALREADY! 

Post#1 » by DubaLakers » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:05 am

Man i am up to my ears with Radmonovic's horrid mistakes! ENOUGH ALREADY! NO MORE EXPERIMENTING PHIL. SIT THE SPACE CADET!

If Radmonovic continues to play these crucial minutes, we have no chance to win this series. He is a huge liability. He is in there for one reason and one reason only, corner threes. NOT ENOUGH! I just don't understand Phil's patience with him. Especially in Beantown, we need more athletisism, and more D!

I know why he is playing him...for his outside shooting, because he has little fear to shoot, he's got cheesy cheap C's in his ear everytime he shoots from the corner, and still drills them. Phil plays him to stretch the defense, because Lamar can't, because they cheat of Lamar. He also plays him so they can't trap Kobe with that zone they play. I get it, but ENOUGH, he is a tremendous liabilty. He hasn't a clue how to do anything else. He makes horrid effort towards the ball. He is a space cadet on D. It honestly looks liek he's had no schooling on defensive drills.

Now I'm just some dude that's played a ton of playground ball, I don't have his size (5' 11, 39 years old), or his offensive ability, but I know one thing I know how to play defense better than he does. I know how to box out my man, he doesn't. I know how to be between my man and the basket, and not have my back turned to my opponent when you are supposed to be guarding him. By the way I just played in a league game a few weeks ago I played 40 minutes had 2 points, and 10 assists, and I'm out of shape, but I'm dammed sure I can play better D than Vlad Rad. He get's mezmorized by the ball movement, and loses his man. Where are his basic fundementals?

Pierce destroyed everyone, but at least they were trying to guard Pierce, attempting to play some honest D on him. I was in shock focusing on Vlad Radmonovic tonight I'm like how can this guy be getting this much PT, playing the worst defense I've ever seen by an NBA player? When Pierce sees Vlad Rad, he thinks he's playing against some summer camp kid in his basketball camp, his eyes are like Donald Duck's when Vlad Rad guards him.

My solution Ariza, yeah Pierce is beating him, who isn't he beating? We need more atheltisism on the court, and better defense, he will come through for us. All my money is on Ariza, or Sasha of course, but Rad has gotta be hidden in the huddle and on the court. Play Vlade to start games and start the second half, and only in desparation. Small spurts. Dude was born to do one thing, and one thing is not enough vs. this resilient Boston team.

:nod: Go Lakers! :nod:
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach
And1: 99

Re: Freaking Radmonovic! ENOUGH ALREADY! 

Post#2 » by Gerald3Wallace » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:21 am

agreed
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#3 » by ALL HAIL » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:29 am

Will Ariza hurt our offense if he plays long minutes? That will give us two guys who are not confident shooters on the floor with Ariza and Odom. By the way you're points are pretty right on about Radman but the reason this is not as easy of a decision as you think to play Ariza twice as much as Radman, is because Ariza has been out sooo long and unless Odom can find a strokke from outside the Celtics will have two defenders that can cheat off their men. Thus, bogging down our offense.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#4 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:05 am

V. Radmanovic F 19:13 3-6 1-2 0-0 +20 0 5 2 3 1 0 0 2 7

Strange and amusing
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#5 » by RJM » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:19 am

DubaLakers wrote:Man i am up to my ears with Radmonovic's horrid mistakes! ENOUGH ALREADY! NO MORE EXPERIMENTING PHIL. SIT THE SPACE CADET!

If Radmonovic continues to play these crucial minutes, we have no chance to win this series. He is a huge liability. He is in there for one reason and one reason only, corner threes. NOT ENOUGH! I just don't understand Phil's patience with him. Especially in Beantown, we need more athletisism, and more D!

I know why he is playing him...for his outside shooting, because he has little fear to shoot, he's got cheesy cheap C's in his ear everytime he shoots from the corner, and still drills them. Phil plays him to stretch the defense, because Lamar can't, because they cheat of Lamar. He also plays him so they can't trap Kobe with that zone they play. I get it, but ENOUGH, he is a tremendous liabilty. He hasn't a clue how to do anything else. He makes horrid effort towards the ball. He is a space cadet on D. It honestly looks liek he's had no schooling on defensive drills.

Now I'm just some dude that's played a ton of playground ball, I don't have his size (5' 11, 39 years old), or his offensive ability, but I know one thing I know how to play defense better than he does. I know how to box out my man, he doesn't. I know how to be between my man and the basket, and not have my back turned to my opponent when you are supposed to be guarding him. By the way I just played in a league game a few weeks ago I played 40 minutes had 2 points, and 10 assists, and I'm out of shape, but I'm dammed sure I can play better D than Vlad Rad. He get's mezmorized by the ball movement, and loses his man. Where are his basic fundementals?

Pierce destroyed everyone, but at least they were trying to guard Pierce, attempting to play some honest D on him. I was in shock focusing on Vlad Radmonovic tonight I'm like how can this guy be getting this much PT, playing the worst defense I've ever seen by an NBA player? When Pierce sees Vlad Rad, he thinks he's playing against some summer camp kid in his basketball camp, his eyes are like Donald Duck's when Vlad Rad guards him.

My solution Ariza, yeah Pierce is beating him, who isn't he beating? We need more atheltisism on the court, and better defense, he will come through for us. All my money is on Ariza, or Sasha of course, but Rad has gotta be hidden in the huddle and on the court. Play Vlade to start games and start the second half, and only in desparation. Small spurts. Dude was born to do one thing, and one thing is not enough vs. this resilient Boston team.

:nod: Go Lakers! :nod:

Agreed. We will not win the NBA Championship with him starting at the 3. He can't stay here another year. Good post BTW.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#6 » by milesfides » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:41 am

I think we just need to accept how much he hurts us.

Hurt us, he does. There was this one possession that generally represented Radmanovic: On a play when Radmanovic lost his man, Rondo drove to the basket, with only Radmanovic a step away from blocking his path. Radmanovic, inexplicably, doesn't step to defend, even though he wasn't guarding anybody. Rondo, even more inexplicably kicks the ball out to a 3-point shooter. Radmanovic, although he's the closest to the shooter now, doesn't move to him either. The shot misses, in Radmanovic's direction, but guess who grabbed the rebound - you guess it, Rondo.

It was utterly disheartening, as a fan, to see three consecutive I-don't-give-a-crap-about-winning non-plays by Vlade. I mean, it's an elimination game, and I guess a tiny part of me believed that Radman would at least play average defense. But it was very tough to watch as a fan, very, very tough.

However, his ability to shoot, to space the floor, is very important to Phil Jackson, since the Celtics have been using a box and one defense on Kobe all series, and generally tends to open lanes (although the Celtics will leave shooters like Radmanovic open in order to shut Kobe down. This is why we had a 24 point lead in Game 4 - and why we lost it)

Why not Sasha? I thought so too, except adding another guard doesn't bring either KG or PJ Brown out of the paint.

Ultimately, this is a limitation of our offense and our personnel. We don't have a motion offense, we don't have a lot of baseline action that gets the Celtics' bigs moving and out of position. There are exceptions, of course, but by and large, KG and PJ Brown (or Perkins) haven't been forced to leave their defensive positions too often.

Until we change how we run our offense, Radmanovic will probably continue to start and get significant minutes.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#7 » by That Nicka » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:46 am

Radmanovic sucks.. Start Ariza
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#8 » by Erik Eleven » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:56 am

Start Ariza! I've said it from the start; defense must take precedence over offense vs this Boston team. With him in the game we won't have to worry so much about the half court game anyway, because half our attacks will be fast breaks generated by our defense.

Ariza doesn't just play good defense, he energizes and sets an intensity tone for this team and that is exactly what they need. He is now what Turiaf was earlier this season — an energizer bunny. We need him on the floor. A lot.
G.A. Clone
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,062

Post#9 » by G.A. Clone » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:43 am

Vlade is in the NBA only cuz he is tall and can shoot 3's. I cant shoot the 3 as well as him, but i can do everything else equally or better. except...im almost a foot shorter than him =P saddening...

okay back to the topic. start Ariza! i hated watching Vlade lead the break trying to be a PG. There were like 3 of those plays and all resulted in TOs...wtf was he thinking?
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#10 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:23 am

putting ariza in would make the spacing so absolutely horrible

celtics would practically be playing 5v3 as theyd leave odom and ariza alone all the time
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Post#11 » by hermes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:22 pm

i'm proud of vlad for showing enough emotion to get a T
:bowdown:
KB20
Head Coach
And1: 4

Post#12 » by KB20 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:49 pm

This series has shown me how much I truely hate Vlad. If he's not making his wide open threes he's useless. For every good play he makes, he makes about 5 dumb ones. We can't have him on Paul. Can you imagine if someone like Vlad was guarding Kobe? This series wouldn't have went past 4 games and he would have averaged something like 40 points on 55% shooting. Pierce has been almost that dominanat when Vlad has been on him. Please give Ariza his playing time. :pray:
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#13 » by DubaLakers » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:08 pm

Miles Fides..."Hurt us, he does."

Another Star Wars Marathon :starwars weekend Miles?
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#14 » by TonyMontana » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:23 pm

Im speechless when it comes to Rad.
I have no idea why he's starting, he is SO DAM SLOW.
Its not like he's on fire with his shots, so why is he in the game?
xSABOx
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#15 » by xSABOx » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:21 pm

Rad is what he is, you take the good with the bad... I just feel it's better to have him out there over Walton (who has been getting way to many minutes at the 4)... I just hope Ariza can find his rhythm on offense and continue to contribute good defense...

I still don't understand why we haven't see Phil go back to the Fish-Sasha-Kobe-Vlad-Pau lineup we saw at the end of game 2... run the high pick and pop with Kobe/Radmanovic like the C's are doing with Pierce/KG and it changes the entire defense while freeing up Kobe... reason it has been unsuccessful so far with Kobe/Gasol is because they double hard on the screen and Pau can't or refuses to make them pay with the high 15-18ft jumper... it may be a smallball lineup, but I'd just throw it out there when Rivers goes with his and stick Kobe on Pierce...
daddyfivestar
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#16 » by daddyfivestar » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:00 pm

Another viewpoint:

LA needs Radman to have a Donyell Marshall type game, 7 or 8 threes, and up his value so that he can be moved in the off-season. At some point, the guy has to have 1 good three ball explosion game, and I'm rooting for it to be in game 6. But, Mitch cannot drink the koolaid and must understand it's for trade value, not keep value. Go Vlad Go.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers