ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Mihm + Pau Gasol

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

doozyj
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,842

Chris Mihm + Pau Gasol 

Post#1 » by doozyj » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:45 am

Ok, I have been thinking about this over and over after game 5 as to why in heck Phil Jackson puts in Chris Mihm in the game? I am sure other Laker fans were thinking this as well.

The only conclusion I can come up with is the possibility of Having Mihm play the C position and moving Pau into the PF slot (Just as if Bynum was playing this year). Odom would be at the F and Kobe and Fish of course at the Gs.

I don't know if it would work or even a possibility, it would throw off the Celtics offense in the paint and am sure it would help us with the boards. Just like Phil went small with having Fish and Farmar in at the same time???

I just can't understand Phil sometimes? :sigh:

Your thoughts....
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,112

Re: Chris Mihm + Pau Gasol 

Post#2 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:20 am

it threw the celtics off so much that pierce went off in the 2nd quarter and the celtics trimmed a 17 pt lead to 3 at halftime
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#3 » by hermes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:32 pm

it was hilarious, i couldn't believe it

i was waiting for coby to stand up rip off his suit revealing his uniform and go in next
magic#32
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by magic#32 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:40 pm

I remember Phil mad at Ronny at his last appereance on the 4th game, i think thats why Mihm joined, Phil just wanted to send a message to Ronny, at the end Mihm was so horrible that Turiaf had to join the game but i think that if Mihm would have had an acceptable game Ronny wouldnt have played at all.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#5 » by snaquille oatmeal » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:20 pm

Mihm got like 4 fouls in less than 5 minutes, I think I would have thrown in Mbenga instead. at least Pierce would have felt the fouls.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#6 » by TonyMontana » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:31 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:Mihm got like 4 fouls in less than 5 minutes, I think I would have thrown in Mbenga instead. at least Pierce would have felt the fouls.

:nod:
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#7 » by Slava » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:07 pm

Ronny has been the most disappointing player this series so far, with no impact on the game whatsoever. I was expecting him not getting any PT but the Mihm move was out of the blue. I'd rather give those minutes to Ariza, a better rebounder and equally good defender on KG.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#8 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:50 pm

Phil said he was done with that type of tinkering in the post game press conf.

I believe he was making a statement to Turiaf with Mihm, as well. We need Ronny to give us far more than he has. He'll need to work on some things in the offseason, but he got better over summer last year, so I expect more growth this offseason.
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#9 » by Gek » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:58 pm

j-far wrote:Ronny has been the most disappointing player this series so far, with no impact on the game whatsoever. I was expecting him not getting any PT but the Mihm move was out of the blue. I'd rather give those minutes to Ariza, a better rebounder and equally good defender on KG.

I agree completely. Ronny had the potential to come in and bring energy to the game, kind of like Powe did in Beantown (except he probably would go off for 20 points or whatever). Ariza is a wild card right now in my opinion. He has been out of the rotation a LONG time, and Phil has never seemed to be too fond of him to begin with, so the time off is only hurting him more in Phil's eyes.

Did anyone else catch the comment from Phil about how it was Mihm's fault he was getting pushed around? He had a good point that the guards were getting burnt, but there is that one play they keep replaying on sports center where mihm jumps up at pierce, and pierce still manages to push him back 5 feet. YOU'RE A CENTER! GROW A PAIR!
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
islander009
Junior
And1: 21

Post#10 » by islander009 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:45 am

I cannot understand that. I was surprised especially with a game like this that means a lot we decided to play Mihm? doesnt really make sense. But i guess he wanted someone to go out there and hustle, which it really didnt make an impact he did come in and really go for the blocks and try to rebound. Pau needs to stay aggressive whether Garnett and Perkins guard him. They say Perkins is hurt but i dont know about any of this because as a competitor we should be preparing as if he is physically beating us down low. That way we stay aggressive against them throughout the entire game.

snaquille oatmeal wrote:Mihm got like 4 fouls in less than 5 minutes, I think I would have thrown in Mbenga instead. at least Pierce would have felt the fouls.

i totally agree with that, i really think we need to continue to be physical with them. THey have been like that with us so lets show them that we are not SOFT.
8'sReverse
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: Southern California~ Watching the only LA NBA team, the Lakers!

Post#11 » by 8'sReverse » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:04 am

I was surprised... but at the time it wasn't a crazy substitution, but when he was getting beat time and time again, and after that lazy one-handed shot three/four feet away from the rim that ended up being an air ball, he should have been out like that *snaps*.

Mbenga, playing in a suit, would have provided more energy, hustle, rebounding, defense, and most of all, SIZE, than Mihm ever could muster, but he was a DNP.
Charles Barkley wrote:"I've got TWO words for you... 'Chris Paul and Steve Nash, must see TV'!"

Return to Los Angeles Lakers