ronny turiaf's value: salary and on the court

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,662

ronny turiaf's value: salary and on the court 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:07 pm

like we all know, ronny is going to be a free agent this off season and the lakers are going to have to come to a decision about his future.

salary: i think he deserves a brian cookesque 3 yr 9-10 mil deal. anything more is overpaying. with bynum's extension looming and sasha about to get a pay day, i don't think the lakers can afford to pay him more.

on the court: disappointing. he's suppose to the the first big man off the bench but he's become a foul machine that can't rebound. chris mihm got some playing time ahead of him last game leading to one minute on the court. when bynum returns, is ronny even going to see the court? bynum will take starter minutes at center, gasol will take huge minutes at pf and center, and lamar, assuming he's still here, will take minutes at pf.

i was hoping he'd be the lakers version of millsap, landry, maxiell but he's shown that he's kind of a liability out there the way he instantly puts the other team into the penalty.

2 pts, 1.4 rbs, 1 blk, 2.2 fouls in 9 minutes. tough post season.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
KingLakers
Analyst
And1: 6

Re: ronny turiaf's value: salary and on the court 

Post#2 » by KingLakers » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:14 pm

I think Ronny will get something similar to what Cook got in his extension fro the Lakers. He still will be the first big of the bench next season he's just had a bad series against the Celts.
GO LAKERS
xSABOx
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#3 » by xSABOx » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:27 pm

If I can't convince Kurt Thomas or Alonzo Mourning to come to LA for an opportunity at a ring, I wouldn't mind re-upping Turiaf at 3M/3Y deal...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,662

Post#4 » by dockingsched » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:02 am

KingLakers wrote:I think Ronny will get something similar to what Cook got in his extension fro the Lakers. He still will be the first big of the bench next season he's just had a bad series against the Celts.

unfortunately its been the entire post season.

anyone think he'll get a higher offer from another team?
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
8'sReverse
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: Southern California~ Watching the only LA NBA team, the Lakers!

Post#5 » by 8'sReverse » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:30 am

Ronny is worth a "Cook" contract, and I agree, no more than that. Really, although he hasn't shown it much during the postseason, he has more than earned it during the regular season.

Fact is, he will not be one of those players that will decline in production due to getting a new contract... you know what you'll get out of Ronny and you know you will always get it out of him.
Charles Barkley wrote:"I've got TWO words for you... 'Chris Paul and Steve Nash, must see TV'!"

Return to Los Angeles Lakers