ImageImageImageImageImage

What if...

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

3-Pt_Shooter
Senior
And1: 0

What if... 

Post#1 » by 3-Pt_Shooter » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:39 pm

The Lakers had won the first two games in LA - making the series tied at 2-2. Then lost the 3rd game and going back to Boston?

Would there be all this doom and gloom?

GO LAKERS
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Re: What if... 

Post#2 » by hermes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:57 pm

uh i don't know, is this really necessary to go through?
it would seem like a smaller hill to climb, but then we wouldn't be going into boston off a win, which i think is big
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,300

Post#3 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:16 pm

yes

winning two roads games is the same as winning two road games

**** hard
3-Pt_Shooter
Senior

Post#4 » by 3-Pt_Shooter » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:02 pm

Well, I never said winning on the road was going to be easy... :pray: especially now that the Celtics can smell an NBA Championship!

My point was more that everyone got a "gloom and doom" attitude being down 1-3... and maybe that had something to do with the way the Lakers lost Game 4. But my question was more would the media and fans be thinking that the series was over if the Lakers had won Game 4 but had lost Game 5 last night?

The Lakers need to play with heart in Game 6. No "fake hustle"... take a charge or two... I mean - the Celtics have been doing it all series long.

If Kobe and the Lakers are going to make history and pull this out they'll need to play much better team defense. Maybe PJ should put LO on PP...

GO LAKERS
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#5 » by snaquille oatmeal » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:12 pm

I think the gloom and doom attitude come from the way we lost game 4 more than anything else.

I just hope the conspiracy theorists are right and the refs help us out to get to game 7. 8-)
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#6 » by TonyMontana » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:45 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:I think the gloom and doom attitude come from the way we lost game 4 more than anything else.

I just hope the conspiracy theorists are right and the refs help us out to get to game 7. 8-)

What if I wasn't so ugly, then I couldve been the next Brad Pitt...........Dang it...

J/K Im down with Snaq on this one.......We choked in game 4 thats the end of it.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#7 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:07 pm

It's over and done with just move on from Game 4, either way we still have to get one in Boston weather we was up 3-2 or down 3-2.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#8 » by MAMBAEMD » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:17 pm

TonyMontana wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:I think the gloom and doom attitude come from the way we lost game 4 more than anything else.

What if I was so ugly, then I couldve been the next Brad Pitt...........Dang it...

J/K Im down with Snaq on this one.......We choked in game 4 thats the end of it.

Tony, Tony, Tony....
Please don't say that.
Never ever quit.

The C's didn't quit in Game 4, did they? Now look where they are.
Formerly lakerRD
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#9 » by YiYaoYue » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:21 pm

game 4 was such a terrible loss... lakers would be 3-2 and up right now.

If lakers win game 6 i think there will be a bit of a shift of opinions as to who will take the series. But more importantly it might attract more free agents to jump on laker bandwagon then celtic bandwagon...

because even with bynum next year if boston gets another james posey type of player on their roster it will get really tough... i just hope lakers atleast get some good free agents because the bench needs some veterans with a strong desire to win it all and be a true competitor.
Sasha Vujacic = The Phail Machine = The Ring Blocker

Trade Sasha before he ruins the Lakers next season.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#10 » by TonyMontana » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:36 pm

lakerRD wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:

What if I was so ugly, then I couldve been the next Brad Pitt...........Dang it...

Tony, Tony, Tony....
Please don't say that.
Never ever quit.

The C's didn't quit in Game 4, did they? Now look where they are.

Haaaaa?
I never quit my bradaa ........ It was the Lakers that did.
Well not quiting, but they have a hard time closing games out specially against stronger teams.
They almost pulled a game 4 last night too.
But Im glad we came out with a W, but its going to be interesting to see which bench comes out to play tomorrow... Interesting...
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#11 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:38 pm

I think Phil said to lock every thread 3pt creates... I'm gonna let this one go against my better judgement. 8-)
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#12 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:45 pm

no favorites Danny, you were here first ;)
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
3-Pt_Shooter
Senior

Post#13 » by 3-Pt_Shooter » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:39 am

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

Wow! that really hurts...
8'sReverse
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: Southern California~ Watching the only LA NBA team, the Lakers!

Post#14 » by 8'sReverse » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:13 am

I truly believe the attitude would be the same if the Lakers had won or lost game 5 only because game 6 is in Boston. The attitude of: 'take it to them' -- 'win or go home' -- 'one game at a time'

This is the Finals, doom and gloom should never be a factor. It should only affect the fans.
Charles Barkley wrote:"I've got TWO words for you... 'Chris Paul and Steve Nash, must see TV'!"
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#15 » by hermes » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:17 pm

3-Pt_Shooter wrote:Well, I never said winning on the road was going to be easy... :pray: especially now that the Celtics can smell an NBA Championship!

My point was more that everyone got a "gloom and doom" attitude being down 1-3... and maybe that had something to do with the way the Lakers lost Game 4. But my question was more would the media and fans be thinking that the series was over if the Lakers had won Game 4 but had lost Game 5 last night?

The Lakers need to play with heart in Game 6. No "fake hustle"... take a charge or two... I mean - the Celtics have been doing it all series long.

If Kobe and the Lakers are going to make history and pull this out they'll need to play much better team defense. Maybe PJ should put LO on PP...

GO LAKERS

uh i hate van gundy and jackson for coming up with "fake hustle" where's hubie brown when you need him

Return to Los Angeles Lakers