ImageImageImageImageImage

How BAD do we want to see Walton and Radman gone?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

How BAD do we want to see Walton and Radman gone? 

Post#1 » by ALL HAIL » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:10 pm

Radmanovic and Luke Walton are dead weight. Personally, I have been against the signing of Radman and the resigning of Walton from DAY ONE. They are not and will never be the wing players to help this team win a championship.

Individually they have distinct strengths but are both very overpaid considering the needs of our team.

They're salaries could potentially be stumbling blocks in acquiring the necessary parts to make this team whole and complete.

At what potential cost would we be willing to part with Walton and Radman?

Would you all be willing to part with Walton if it meant also having to sign and trade Vujacic and Turiaf? What if parting with Walton meant losing Vujacic and Turiaf but also gaining other bad contracts of players that fit or team needs better like Jerome James and Jared Jeffries?

Would you all be willing to part with Radman if it meant also having to lose Farmar? What if parting with Radmanovic meant losing Farmar and gaining a bad contract like Diaw (another player who could meet our team needs better though)?

My question is more or less: Is keeping Farmar, Vujacic, and Turiaf more important than getting rid of Walton and Radmanovic? We all know you always have to give of yourself (Rony, Luke, and Farmar) in order to get what you really want ("The Luke and Vladimir Disappearing Act")
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Re: How BAD do we want to see Walton and Radman gone? 

Post#2 » by hermes » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:18 pm

i'm closer to wanting to get rid of that festering splinter, as opposed to some who are in the huge kidney stone range with luke and vlad

tough question i don't know what team that would want luke and sasha or any combination of those 5, where we would get anything decent back

and everyone knows how i feel about sasha :cuddle
KB20
Head Coach
And1: 4

Post#3 » by KB20 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:28 pm

I can't stand Vlad. He is just a dumb player. If his shot isn't falling he's completely useless. I like what the OP suggested though, Vlad and Luke for Jerome and Jared. Mike can deal with a no defense, jump shooting forward and Luke can facilitate the offense. Jerome is a big guy who can provide depth behind Bynum and needs a change of scenery. His morale would certainly go up on a championship caliber team with great players. Jeffries is a high energy, hustle player that we desperately need. He is also capable of hitting an open jumper.

5) Andrew Bynum/Jerome James/
4) Pau Gasol/Ronny Turiaf/
3) Lamar Odom/Trevor Ariza/Jared Jeffries
2) Kobe Bryant/Sasha Vujacic/Coby Karl
1) Derek Fisher/Jordan Farmar/Sun Yue

And you have Lamar and Jeffries also playing the 4 and Pau also playing the 5.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,662

Post#4 » by dockingsched » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:35 pm

jared jeffries, jerome james??

man, classic case of the the proverb "the grass is always greener on the other side"

those guys are trash on the knicks. you want them on the lakers? for vlad, sure. luke, although very disappointing, wasn't jeffries/james type of disappointing.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#5 » by Kilroy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:42 pm

I've always hated Radman... Never liked that signing at all...

But I don't want to see Walton gone at all. I think he had a tough time coming back from being injured but despite that, I think he's an excellent backup and if he gets his jumper back this summer he could be a real asset to this team. He's smart, he knows the system, and he reacts well to what's goin on on the court. He'll probably never be a starter for a team at the level we're at right now, but he'd be a great facilitator off the bench.

Sasha is a tough one... He has heart, he hustles, and he tries to play D. But he's incredibly inconsistant, prone to mistakes, and the same confidence that allows him to launch 3s no matter what goes on in the game, can be every bit of a liability that it is a benefit.

The other tough one is Farmar... Fast, smart, understands the Tri... But also soft, little, inconsistant, and often mistake-prone...
xSABOx
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#6 » by xSABOx » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:51 pm

I'd like to try and move Luke for either Greg Buckner or Trenton Hassell...
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#7 » by That Nicka » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:04 pm

Dear God guys...

No I would not dump Farmar, Turiaf or Sasha just to get rid of Radman or Luke.... just wait til the time comes and someone will offer SOMETHING for Rad... Just look at the Kwame situation... who would have ever thought someone would take him??

I can't stand Radman as much as the next guy, but I think Luke can still be a decent player.. In 06/07 he averages 11.4 ppg, 5 rpg, 4.3 apg, 1 spg, 47%, 39% from 3... He's not complete garbage, I think Vlad taking minutes from him really affected his game and all those nagging injuries he always seems to have...

Keep Luke, dump Radman
tracey_nice
Analyst
And1: 274

Post#8 » by tracey_nice » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:04 pm

I just want Luke gone; at least Radmon can shoot, help us blow out teams, or pivotal in comebacks.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Post#9 » by hermes » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:37 pm

That Nicka wrote:Dear God guys...

No I would not dump Farmar, Turiaf or Sasha just to get rid of Radman or Luke.... just wait til the time comes and someone will offer SOMETHING for Rad... Just look at the Kwame situation... who would have ever thought someone would take him??

when is he expiring again? :ouch:
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#10 » by RJM » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:11 pm

Believe it or not, Luke Walton's departure isn't as big an issue as getting rid of VladRad IMO...
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#11 » by Gek » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:23 pm

rad needs to go first in my opinion.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#12 » by ALL HAIL » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:49 pm

Are you all comfortable with the fact that Luke's value was at its' highest last year, and it will only decrease, meaning we will be stuck with a player who makes 5 mill a year for the next 6 years or so.

Luke Walton is a lot like Obama; when you don't like him or critcize him, the people who do get really emotional in his defense. He has NO trade value. Why? Noone will ever really want him with his footspeed, lack of defensive versatility (sometimes unable to guard ANYONE on the floor) and suspect outside shot. In order to rid yourself of this dead weight (Radman included) you have to give up something of value (Farmar, Vujacic, and Turiaf) especially after the Memphis trade.

You don't want dead salary weight on your roster when trying to build a dynasty. Plus, b/c of Gasol's defensive limitations (something that really hasn't been discussed on this board), Walton and Radman, quite simply, don't fit well defensively against elite teams with two talented wings.

If you keep Gasol (as you should) you must surround him with tough physical players to balance or make-up for the extreme lack of phsicality from one of your "stars." Face it, after these Finals, Pau Gasol's what we all know now to be: a very skilled, soft player who doesn't respond well to physical play.

I don't want to get off topic though.

More significant is the question of importance: Keep Farmar, Vujacic, and Turiaf with Radman and Luke or sacrafice them all, the GOOD (Farmar, Vujacic, and Turiaf) and the BAD (Luke and Radman)for other players who are available right now (Jeffries, Diaw, and Jerome James)?

Just a question though?
Tesla
Analyst
And1: 102

Post#13 » by Tesla » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:54 pm

Radmanovic is at Cook level at this point. I just want to see him GONE, more then any addition we could possibly make to the team. Walton can be pretty bad, but he has his uses against certain teams, and sometimes plays smart basketball. Radmanovic is trash though, complete trash.

I think we should trade Farmar+Radmanovic+filler possibly (if it all works) for Kirk Hinrich. The guy is at an all time low value, his contract is one year longer than Radmanovic's, he is better then what he has shown this year, he is a very ideal triangle guard.

EDIT:
Jerome James is EWWWW. No. I'd sacrifice anyone on our bench (except Bynum atm) if the deal is right, or if Sasha/Turiaf is asking for too much $$. I think the main guy I would like to see gone from the bench is Jordan Farmar. I would love to deal him and Radmanovic this summer, that would be an early Christmas present.
Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.
-Nikola Tesla
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#14 » by milesfides » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:32 pm

The only player I want gone is Radmanovic. What's clear to me is that he doesn't care or want to play defense. That's demoralizing to the team.

Luke may stink it up at times, but he always tries. For Luke, it's about getting back his shot. Luke will never be a perfect play against all teams, but Luke helps ball movement, is unselfish, and is a consummate team player.

I want Luke to improve and get his shot back. I have hope he will, because he's a hard worker, and he's the type of guy who goes with Kobe, Sasha, and Farmar to late night gym sessions.

Radmanovic? He is a terminal case of being a lazy player. The reason why he's a space cadet is because it's obvious he doesn't work hard at studying the offense, trying to find his role to better the team. He's only interested in shooting whenever he has the chance, and everything else, and I mean every other aspect of the game, is irrelevant to him.

He has no heart, he has no sacrifice to his game. I have never seen Radmanovic bust his ass on the floor. In fact, I've never seen him run. Ask yourself, when was the last time you've seen Radmanovic run on either end of the floor?

Radmanovic is an excellent shooter, but you can't cheat the game. Whether he's traded or stays, I just don't want to see him on the floor. It's a disgrace to the P & G, imho.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#15 » by Slava » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:07 pm

Agree with Tesla here. Hinrich would be perfect for the 1 spot and if he can be had for the deal proposed there, it'd be a no brainer for me.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Squirrel Boy
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

Post#16 » by Squirrel Boy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:51 pm

As you guys already know my feelings about Luke, Im not even gonna bother repeating it.

Therefore, I want him and Vlad gone. They're useless to the team. And they're just too damn slow and dumb.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#17 » by That Nicka » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:23 pm

milesfides wrote:The only player I want gone is Radmanovic. What's clear to me is that he doesn't care or want to play defense. That's demoralizing to the team.

Luke may stink it up at times, but he always tries. For Luke, it's about getting back his shot. Luke will never be a perfect play against all teams, but Luke helps ball movement, is unselfish, and is a consummate team player.

I want Luke to improve and get his shot back. I have hope he will, because he's a hard worker, and he's the type of guy who goes with Kobe, Sasha, and Farmar to late night gym sessions.

Radmanovic? He is a terminal case of being a lazy player. The reason why he's a space cadet is because it's obvious he doesn't work hard at studying the offense, trying to find his role to better the team. He's only interested in shooting whenever he has the chance, and everything else, and I mean every other aspect of the game, is irrelevant to him.

He has no heart, he has no sacrifice to his game. I have never seen Radmanovic bust his ass on the floor. In fact, I've never seen him run. Ask yourself, when was the last time you've seen Radmanovic run on either end of the floor?

Radmanovic is an excellent shooter, but you can't cheat the game. Whether he's traded or stays, I just don't want to see him on the floor. It's a disgrace to the P & G, imho.

My sentiments exactly Miles
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#18 » by Danny Darko » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:38 pm

I think Vlad needs meds.... not kidding. If he stays, he should be forced to take something for severe a.d.d. My bandwagon days of support for him were based on the fact that he'd have at least one monster saving our butts moment, but instead a guy who is much faster and stronger than given credit for just had a sad lack of effort, grit, and attention.
BitonKOBE
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#19 » by BitonKOBE » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:16 am

lakers need to keep luke walton. cant get equal value for him right now anyway. maybe a deal with the suns, if they would be willing to make a trade w their division rivals.

get rid of vlad. he's not getting any better. at least luke will probably improve every off season for the next few years.
hptmatthew
Senior
And1: 3

Post#20 » by hptmatthew » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:51 am

from an outsider's perspective (who is a League Pass 15-or-so-game-per-week junkie), I'd say that Vlad needs to go before Luke.

I found myself saying "wow, he sucked with the Sonics, sucked with the Clips, and he sucks now" a lot regarding Rad, and not just during the playoffs/finals.

He can't play a lick of D (trust me, I'm a Grizz fan, I know how to tell when someone's not trying/has no talent on D :nod: ), and is, like others say, not much use when his rainbow ain't fallin' into the pot of gold.

The Lakers, however, are still as well-positioned as any team in the NBA to contend for a while to come.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers