ImageImageImageImageImage

A few musings from Tzar!

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Tzar
Sophomore
And1: 120

A few musings from Tzar! 

Post#1 » by Tzar » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:26 am

-Kobe playing in the Olympics and delaying his surgery is about as smart as jumping over a speeding Austin Martin or pool of snakes without the CGI. Is he simply just trying to fill up his trophy room? Or is it a patriotic gesture? Winning a gold medal or having surgery right away and getting back to practicing for the only gold that matters…Purple and Gold! C’mon Kobe! This is a lose lose scenario: If you win the gold everyone will just say “Yeah so, we should have won anyways!” If you lose then people will blame the loss on you! We all know how quick everyone (non-Laker fans) are to blame Kobe for everything. I’m not surprised that Suns fans aren’t blaming high gas prices on him! There’s still time though, it hasn’t quite reached $5 a gallon.

-So Shaq just conceded 4 games to Lakers next season this past Sunday! If your going to rip Kobe in a freestyle at least have it rhyme or be funny for that matter. And did I hear him claim he was better then Kareem? He was kidding right? That’s like ABC claiming they had better NBA finals coverage then NBC. I know we all miss that NBA on NBC theme song! Here’s a question for all my fellow Laker fans: Will Buss retire Shaq’s number?

-I still haven’t heard a good reason why Phil Jackson played Chris Mihm in the finals, maybe someone here can enlighten me!

-Its pretty cool that our mascot is arguably the greatest actor of our generation (Jack Nicholson). While the Celtics have a leprechaun on stilts, the Suns mascot is a random gorilla whose costume is made out of Steve Nash hair cut clippings, and the Warriors have, well what is the Warriors mascot supposed to be anyways?

-Okay so who’s that guy who sits courtside near the Laker bench and claps with a rolled up piece of paper in one hand?

-Thank God those Kevin Garnett Gatorade commercials aren’t running anymore!

-Can we please change those free tacos for something a little more appetizing, pigeon droppings maybe?

-The whole “lights Out” thing was cool and all, but its getting a little old and Staples isn’t the Forum.

-Anyone who is seriously pondering who the Lakers are going to select with the 58th pick needs to take over as GM, cause I’m positive nobody in the Laker organization is!
El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Re: A few musings from Tzar! 

Post#2 » by El Hardee » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:38 pm

Who is this dude?
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#3 » by EvadedHavoc » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:51 pm

The Tzar!
The Prodigy
Starter
And1: 469

Post#4 » by The Prodigy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:55 pm

I don't know who this dude is but he's damn funny.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,819

Post#5 » by TyCobb » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:56 pm

I'm sorry, but in my opinion representing your country is far more important than a few regular season games.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#6 » by El Hardee » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:13 pm

The Prodigy wrote:I don't know who this dude is but he's damn funny.
He tries to hard, I still get more out of a Star24 thread.
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Post#7 » by tkb » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:23 pm

TyCobb wrote:I'm sorry, but in my opinion representing your country is far more important than a few regular season games.

I agree.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#8 » by LLcoleJ » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:33 pm

Kobe said from when the injury happened that he will play the season and the olympics.

He will be fine and so will the Lakers. In addition, I cant wait to see team USA on the podium again with the gold medal where it belongs.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
bynumite120
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#9 » by bynumite120 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:08 pm

lol ive been wondering who that guy is that claps his hands with a roll of paper and i also think that he should have surgery right after he wins the gold maybe like the night he wins so he can play opening night which will be against PHOENEX
I am Machine
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#10 » by LLcoleJ » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:34 pm

They guy that claps his hands with the rolled up paper is Norm Pattiz. He is the founder of the Westwood One radio.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#11 » by MAMBAEMD » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Phil_2.0 wrote:Kobe said from when the injury happened that he will play the season and the olympics.

He will be fine and so will the Lakers. In addition, I cant wait to see team USA on the podium again with the gold medal where it belongs.

:nod:
Formerly lakerRD

Return to Los Angeles Lakers