bynumite120
Ballboy
And1: 0

draft notes, we are close to getting seatle's 2nd round pic 

Post#1 » by bynumite120 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:19 am

Draft notes: Lots of trade talk, starting with Miami at No. 2
June 24, 2008
The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com

Will Jermaine O'Neal have a new address by the end of the week? The Pacers star is just one of the big names involved in pre-draft rumblings, The Sports Xchange has learned from a reliable contact in the NBA front office.

• Miami seems to be backing away from a three-team trade that would include Minnesota. The Grizzlies are now trying to entice the Heat with the No. 5 overall pick and Mike Miller. Miami wants Southern California guard O.J. Mayo and is listening to all offers for teams to move up to No. 2 for Michael Beasley.

• Jason Thompson of Rider said Golden State told him he could be the team's pick at No. 14 after he spent three days at the Warriors' facility.

• France's Nicolas Batum could be ready for a big slide on draft day. Results from his physical reveal problems with his heart echo test. He's trying to clear up the matter, but was forced to cancel a workout with the Knicks last Saturday because of the problem.

• Keith Brumbaugh, from Hillsborough Community College, has a long history of off-court issues, but Hornets coach Bryon Scott is pushing New Orleans to take him in the second round.

• LeBron James is urging Cleveland to move up in the draft, pushing for Kansas' Brandon Rush. Cleveland offered the No. 19 overall pick and forward/center Anderson Varejao to Golden State for second-year forward Brandan Wright.

• The Knicks seem to be souring on Italy's Danillo Gallinari and have UCLA point guard Russell Westbrook and West Virginia small forward Joe Alexander as more coveted targets. The Nets are vying for Gallinari. The Clippers will take Westbrook at No. 7 if the Knicks pass on him. (Westbrook could not work out for several teams recently. Rumor says he has a "tired" leg).

• Phoenix wants another point guard, and has targeted Kansas' Mario Chalmers at No. 15. The Suns are also talking with the Nets about Richard Jefferson, offering Boris Diaw and Leandro Barbosa in a package that would include the Nets exchanging their first-round pick (No. 10) for the Suns' (No. 15).

• Indiana is looking to trade O'Neal. A deal with Toronto for T.J. Ford fell through, but the Pacers are offering O'Neal to teams in the top 12, hoping to move up and take Texas point guard D.J. Augustin. They are also trying to secure another first-rounder and are talking to Portland (No. 13), as Indiana also covets Syracuse small forward Donte Greene.

• The Lakers are close to getting a second-rounder from Seattle and want IUPUI guard George Hill.
• Word is Brandon Jennings, the nation's top high school player, is ticked that Kevin O'Neill was let go by the University of Arizona and he is looking into playing in Europe or going right to the NBA D-League rather than go to Tucson.
I am Machine
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Re: draft notes, we are close to getting seatle's 2nd round pic 

Post#2 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:26 am

Hmm how would we do that? perhaps 2 2nd round picks?
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#3 » by TylersLakers » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:14 am

I'd rather try to get Joey Dorsey. A defensive minded, tough front court player.
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#4 » by Erik Eleven » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:22 am

TylersLakers wrote:I'd rather try to get Joey Dorsey. A defensive minded, tough front court player.

I'll take your word for it since you singled out Leon Powe in the draft a few years back.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,567

Post#5 » by hermes » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:07 pm

boy i can't read that yellow at all, try just bolding it next time please

anyway what would we give up? do they want vlad back? and dorsey would be good i like him
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,567

Post#6 » by hermes » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 pm

• Word is Brandon Jennings, the nation's top high school player, is ticked that Kevin O'Neill was let go by the University of Arizona and he is looking into playing in Europe or going right to the NBA D-League rather than go to Tucson.

you can go straight to the d league out of high school?
CX44
Analyst

Post#7 » by CX44 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:08 pm

I would like to see them draft Nathan Jawai with an early second round pick
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach
And1: 2,992

Post#8 » by Teen Girl Squad » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:13 pm

Powe was a much better player in college than Dorsey.
daddyfivestar
Banned User

Post#9 » by daddyfivestar » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:46 pm

I think LA still has one more Charlotte 2nd down the road, so it'd make sense. Sea has too many picks, so maybe they get rid of one for future picks.
Sea has 32, 46, 50, 56 this year.
Plus their 2 first rounders.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers