lakers or clippers?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Re: lakers or clippers? 

Post#41 » by milesfides » Thu Jul 3, 2008 7:32 pm

Yeah. He's a bit younger than me, but he's my hero. Owns me in basketball, hey the guy played varsity, but he's also got musical talent. He's also hilarious, one of the funniest guys I know. I need to cure him of the Clippers heresy though.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#42 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jul 3, 2008 9:49 pm

GuyverX wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:But Staples Center is our house

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's really the Kings' house.
No sorry to burst your bubble but the Kings haven't done NOTHING yet in that building. Until they win then they can claim it but until then........................ahh..............no..........it's the Lakers house.

Check the west end walls buddy.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Clip34life
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#43 » by Clip34life » Fri Jul 4, 2008 12:01 am

WTH is with all this city on city hate? Cut that **** out right now! There's enough Boston and New York for all of us to hate without having to turn on each other.
I really like 1840s merchant vessels. Basketball on the other hand, I can take it or leave it...
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#44 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jul 4, 2008 12:05 am

Clip34life wrote:WTH is with all this city on city hate? Cut that **** out right now! There's enough Boston and New York for all of us to hate without having to turn on each other.

preach on... you should that to your fellow clipper fans. They spew alot of hate our way
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#45 » by milesfides » Fri Jul 4, 2008 12:11 am

I have to be honest, I don't think there's much hate from the Lakers' side. Lakers fans don't really think about the Clippers at all.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#46 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Fri Jul 4, 2008 12:22 am

jealousy.
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,187

Post#47 » by GuyverX » Fri Jul 4, 2008 12:49 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
GuyverX wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:But Staples Center is our house

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's really the Kings' house.
No sorry to burst your bubble but the Kings haven't done NOTHING yet in that building. Until they win then they can claim it but until then........................ahh..............no..........it's the Lakers house.

Check the west end walls buddy.

Um, no it really is the L.A. Kings' house. Staples Center is owned by Anschutz Entertainment Group. Philip Anschutz is also the owner of the L.A. Kings just like Jerry Buss own the Lakers. Just FYI. But you knew this of course... :lol:
soleartiz
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#48 » by soleartiz » Fri Jul 4, 2008 1:01 am

i am from new york and i hate boston aready. now that my lakers got beat by the bostons i hate them to another level. All my boston friends makes fun of me saying how the lakers got beat so bad i just tell them to stfu and wait for next year. I didnt know theres that much Feud between 2 LA teams that plays in the same arena. But hey when your a DIE heart of anyteam ofocuse u hate the others =) and yes hate is not a good word to use so i will say dislike :)
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jul 4, 2008 1:04 am

GuyverX wrote:
Um, no it really is the L.A. Kings' house. Staples Center is owned by Anschutz Entertainment Group. Philip Anschutz is also the owner of the L.A. Kings just like Jerry Buss own the Lakers. Just FYI. But you knew this of course... :lol:

Phil Anschutz is also a major owner of the Lakers ( 35%) But you knew that ofcourse :lol:
GuyverX
Head Coach

Post#50 » by GuyverX » Fri Jul 4, 2008 1:07 am

Phil_2.0 wrote:
GuyverX wrote:

Phil Anschutz is also a major owner of the Lakers ( 35%) But you knew that ofcourse :lol:

He and Edward Roski own more of the Kings than the Lakers of course. :lol:
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jul 4, 2008 1:13 am

GuyverX wrote:
Phil_2.0 wrote:
GuyverX wrote:

He owns more of the Kings than the Lakers of course. :lol:

HAHA.. so?

His ownership stake in the Lakers is about equal to the value of the Kings. You add how much money he has made rev. wise between each team, 5 Western Conference titles, 3 rings and its safe to say that the Staples center is the Lakers house.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jul 4, 2008 1:15 am

Ok, add Ed Roski to that mix and Pauls stake in the lakers value wise is twice as much his stake the Kings.
GuyverX
Head Coach

Post#53 » by GuyverX » Fri Jul 4, 2008 1:21 am

Phil_2.0 wrote:Ok, add Ed Roski to that mix and Pauls stake in the lakers value wise is twice as much his stake the Kings.

Who's Paul? :o
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jul 4, 2008 1:25 am

GuyverX wrote:
Phil_2.0 wrote:Ok, add Ed Roski to that mix and PHIL stake in the lakers value wise is twice as much his stake the Kings.

It was a typo. I figured you would have figured that out though. You probably did, but since you dont have much of a " Its the LA Kings House" argument you went for the .. " who's Paul?

Anyway.. didnt you use to be a Laker fan? OR do I have you mistaken?
GuyverX
Head Coach

Post#55 » by GuyverX » Fri Jul 4, 2008 1:34 am

Phil_2.0 wrote:
GuyverX wrote:
Phil_2.0 wrote:Ok, add Ed Roski to that mix and PHIL stake in the lakers value wise is twice as much his stake the Kings.

It was a typo. I figured you would have figured that out though. You probably did, but since you dont have much of a " Its the LA Kings House" argument you went for the .. " who's Paul?

Anyway.. didnt you use to be a Laker fan? OR do I have you mistaken?

Nope, always have been and always will be a Laker hater. Sometimes I have to ask myself if I'm more of Clipper fan or a Laker hater...but Clipper wins are more satisfying than Laker losses (except when they're destroyed in the playoffs).
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jul 4, 2008 1:37 am

noted
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran

Post#57 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Fri Jul 4, 2008 11:13 am

If i wasn't one warning away from being banned I'd be talking so much ish to clipper "nation"....
GuyverX
Head Coach

Post#58 » by GuyverX » Sat Jul 5, 2008 7:01 am

Rox_Nix_Nox wrote:If i wasn't one warning away from being banned I'd be talking so much ish to clipper "nation"....

What happened to the California Love in your avatar? :lol:
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran

Post#59 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Sat Jul 5, 2008 11:45 am

Guy to me California is L.A. And L.A is Laker land. If I could I'd change it

I wouldn't ever think L.A. and think clippers. That team is a stain on L.A. Every time they borrow staples it's a shame. I laugh every time the broadcast camera panes up catches a glimpse all of the Lakers championship banners. I have a theory on why the clippers team moved here in the first place...It was to be associated in any way with the Lakers.
Clip34life
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#60 » by Clip34life » Sat Jul 5, 2008 5:07 pm

Staples=Office Supplies=Paper Clips=Clippers. PWNED.
I really like 1840s merchant vessels. Basketball on the other hand, I can take it or leave it...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers