ImageImageImageImageImage

Two Ways to Make Walton amd Radmanovic Diasappear

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Two Ways to Make Walton amd Radmanovic Diasappear 

Post#1 » by ALL HAIL » Wed Jul 9, 2008 8:18 am

I think this might be against rules but I really need to be heard.

Walton, resigned Vujacic (about 6 mill per), and Mihm or Ariza for Jeffries, J.James, and Balkman.

Radmanovic, Farmar, and Mihm or Ariza for Boris Diaw.

I love Farmar and Ariza can be very fun to watch but in order to get you've got to give.

One more move to give the team balance:
Gasol and Odom for Nowitzki, Terry, and Eddie Jones

Resign Turiaf, and sign Salim Stoudamire and Kwame Brown to minimum contracts.

New Laker Squad:

PG - Diaw
SG - Terry
C - Bynum
PF - Nowitzki
SF - Bryant

G - Jeffries
G - Fisher
C - Turiaf
F - Balkman
F - E. Jones

G - Sun
G - S. Stoudamire
C - J. James
F - K. Brown
F - J. Crawford

The perfect squad. Young with old. Small shooters with big ball handlers. Defensive wings with physical bigs.
LA-LA-Land
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Two Ways to Make Walton amd Radmanovic Diasappear 

Post#2 » by LA-LA-Land » Wed Jul 9, 2008 8:26 am

i.... am.... speechless :-?
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by ALL HAIL » Wed Jul 9, 2008 8:51 am

Jerome James might be dead weight on this team but he's better dead weight than Radman, comes off the books sooner than Radman, and is excellent insurance if Turiaf or Bynum were to go down.

Jared Jeffries could be considered dead weight but he is MUCH less of a liability than Walton and is almost a perfect triangle fit with his excellent ball handling and defense. Also, he comes off the books before Walton and has WAY more defensive versatility (ability to guard more than one position--Luke can barelly guard one on a good night).

Farmar is great but should be sacrificed in order to free ourselves of Radman and acquire a REAL defensive minded point forward (it was awful having to watch Kobe have to do it all in game six--bring it up the court, run the offense, get in a position to score, guard Pierce). Diaw, Jeffries and maybe even Sun after some seasoning are all tall ball handlers that should have no problem getting the ball to Kobe in easier scoring positions. M. Jordan at 30 didn't have to do it all neither should Kobe.

Nowitzki could be a stretch but is it really? How much better really is Nowitzki than Gasol. Not much, in fact the only reason this trade really works for the Lakers is because Nowitzki IMO fits better with Bynum. Gasol is nearly if not just as good as Dirk all day. Odom for Terry is what makes Dallas do this deal. They save over 40 mill with this deal and are in cap heaven in 2010 while remaining competitive.

Balkman gives the Lakers what we want from Ariza--hustle, defense, rebounding, and inspiration. He just does it better without the dunks. E. Jones replaces Vujacic as Kobe's backup. He'll hold that spot until next year when Salim Stoudamire and Crawford challenge for that backup position. As Fisher makes his transition to the Laker front office, Stoudamire will be our new firecracker off the bench backing up Terry.

Kwame Brown would be signed for bigman insurance.

I'm through here. Unless anyone has anything really insightful to say or this thread gets locked.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#4 » by SashAlex » Wed Jul 9, 2008 9:07 am

ROFL ROFL ROFL !!! lol at you, ALL HAIL ! :D
no1evrealydies
Ballboy

Post#5 » by no1evrealydies » Wed Jul 9, 2008 10:03 am

ummm i dont even think david blaine can make those 2 disappear!!
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by ALL HAIL » Wed Jul 9, 2008 10:30 am

That's too bad because there mere presence on this team with their contracts is beginning to really hurt us for the future. Dumb dumb dumb dumb signings Kupchak. Real dumb. Radman was bad. Signing Walton was worse because you already had Radman on your roster. TO resign Walton you had to really be sure that he could hold his future trade value in case you ever had to get rid of him. Did Luke even recieve any other offers? I don't think so. I wonder why? Because no one ever really wanted him. Do people (nut just GS) want Turiaf and Vujacic? Hell yeah they do. Bad signings MItch.

I challenge all that once said the Walton was the second most valuable Laker to com efrom up under their rocks and be heard. He is and will forever be a 12 minute a game bench cog ala Jud Buechler. Buechler's salary never came remotely close to 5 mill per year.

And like I said last year, the Lakers should have voided Radman's contract when he broke his wrist skiing. That was an opportunity they missed out on.

Radman and Walton are both NBA players they arejust paid to much for what they bring. Radman shoots the hell out of that ball and Walton is ridiculously creative and effortless passer. They're both making way too much, crippling our future necessary moves. Signing these two were awful wastes of money and proved to be tremendous mismanagement in my opinion.
kobela32
Ballboy

Post#7 » by kobela32 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:11 pm

diaw is not a point gaurd
THE laker fan
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#8 » by Dexmor » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:38 pm

We should trade them both for Q or something like that.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,958

Post#9 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:38 pm

Rather than taking back some other team's garbage just to get ride of our own, I propose a simpler solution: Take them out in the middle of the Pacific, get them drunk and toss them overboard. Either that or sell them into slavery.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#10 » by RJM » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:41 pm

ALL HAIL wrote:I think this might be against rules but I really need to be heard.

Walton, resigned Vujacic (about 6 mill per), and Mihm or Ariza for Jeffries, J.James, and Balkman.

Radmanovic, Farmar, and Mihm or Ariza for Boris Diaw.

I love Farmar and Ariza can be very fun to watch but in order to get you've got to give.

One more move to give the team balance:
Gasol and Odom for Nowitzki, Terry, and Eddie Jones

Resign Turiaf, and sign Salim Stoudamire and Kwame Brown to minimum contracts.

New Laker Squad:

PG - Diaw
SG - Terry
C - Bynum
PF - Nowitzki
SF - Bryant

G - Jeffries
G - Fisher
C - Turiaf
F - Balkman
F - E. Jones

G - Sun
G - S. Stoudamire
C - J. James
F - K. Brown
F - J. Crawford

The perfect squad. Young with old. Small shooters with big ball handlers. Defensive wings with physical bigs.

1. Horrible.
2. Never post this again. Ever.
3. Trade thread.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#11 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Jul 9, 2008 5:17 pm

bad trades.. and we have a trade thread. Use it.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers