ImageImageImageImageImage

Garba (-ge or - josa?) for LA Lakers..

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Re: Garba (-ge or - josa?) for LA Lakers.. 

Post#21 » by Slava » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:29 am

Well, unlike Vlad, he's pretty good at setting screens and facilitating ball movement. He's not a high assist guy but makes sure things flow on offense. Sounds more like Walton doesn't it? :D

He's got a good 3 shot but it does disappear at times and the good thing is that he rarely forces shots and has a mature head, being a seasoned vet in Spain and Italy.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Pacoep6
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Pacoep6 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:21 am

"Marca" ussually is a bad reference, they know nothing about basketball. However, yesterday I saw the same new on the Spanish TV, it could be true.

Bye
Image Winners! BA-LON-CES-TO
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#23 » by TylersLakers » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:48 am

From Canada, watched a lot of Garbajosa before he was injured. Actually was watching the game in Boston where he got hurt. My sister and I both cringed.

One thing about him, he's not a "soft" Euro player. He bangs. A GREAT shot fake.

Has good range, knows his role.

I'd wait to sing him depending on what happens with the Olympics. By then, it might be too late if he's fully recovered. If we could snap him up with a Vet minimum contract right now, we should do it.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#24 » by hermes » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:29 pm

TylersLakers wrote:From Canada, watched a lot of Garbajosa before he was injured. Actually was watching the game in Boston where he got hurt. My sister and I both cringed.

One thing about him, he's not a "soft" Euro player. He bangs. A GREAT shot fake.

I'd wait to sing him depending on what happens with the Olympics. By then, it might be too late if he's fully recovered. If we could snap him up with a Vet minimum contract right now, we should do it.

i'm betting mitch can serenade with the best of them
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#25 » by TylersLakers » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:07 pm

hermes wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:From Canada, watched a lot of Garbajosa before he was injured. Actually was watching the game in Boston where he got hurt. My sister and I both cringed.

i'm betting mitch can serenade with the best of them

Lmao.. Oops.

Sign* was the word I was looking for. :P
lakeshow248
Senior
And1: 1

Post#26 » by lakeshow248 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:00 pm

He is worth the LLE as a replacemet to Benga but that is about it I think, the Lakers still need a banger type like Brian Skinner(free agent), especially after losing Ronie.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers