ImageImageImageImageImage

Predict season opening roster

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,565

Re: Predict season opening roster 

Post#21 » by hermes » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:32 am

they could be waiting to see if they can sign posey or someone before they make a decision on ronny
or wait for developments on the artest rumor
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#22 » by That Nicka » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:07 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
That Nicka wrote:

We still have 4 or 5 days to match the offer, until that time has passed none of us can say whether he will be on the roster or not, only whether we think he will be or not
And I'm telling you Nicka he won't be on the roster. Think about it seriously, if we was 100% certain we had to have Ronny and wanted him badly we could have and would have matched in less then 24 hours and in effect killed the Warriors pipe dream. It's not even something you haggle over if he was a need, not saying we don't need Ronny but the bottom line is that it comes back to money.

And this being the 8th year of the luxury tax being in the CBA, it's starting to have an effect on how team do business in free agency. I'm not trying to be pessimistic but just staying in reality because I don't get sentimental when players have to leave. It's just business

Or the Lakers could be using this 7 days to call PJ Brown, Alonzo Mourning, Kurt Thomas, Kwame Brown etc. to see if they are interested in playing for us.. Or teams like the 76ers to see if they are willing to part with a Reggie Evans... Once Buss realizes we probably arent gonna get a serviceable backup PF/C thats as good as Ronny for significantly less money then he could very well be matched

btw it is very common for teams to wait til the 6th or 7th day to match an offer sheet
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#23 » by Anklebreaker702 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:21 am

I don't think Ronny will be on the roster either. My pick will be
C Bynum
Pf Gasol
Sf Odom (or Artest)
SG Kobe
Pg Fisher
We do need to replace Turiaf with someone. We don't need to start of the season deficient at any position due to having a thumb up the nose contest. Void has to be filled with someone who can provide something. We don't need just a warm body, Turiaf was definitely an energy player so we at least need to match that
VETERAN LAKER FAN
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#24 » by semi-sentient » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:22 pm

C - Andrew Bynum / Kwame Brown / DJ MBenga
F - Pau Gasol / Vladimir Radmanovic / Kenny Thomas
F - Ron Artest / Trevor Ariza / Luke Walton
G - Kobe Bryant / Sasha Vujacic / Coby Karl
G - Derek Fisher / Jordan Farmar / Joe Crawford

Pretty close to what tkb predicted, except I have Mihm going in the Artest trade and us signing DJ ($800k or so) and Kwame ($3 mil or so) on the cheap. That, and I think Radman will be in the 2nd unit over KT. What an awesome lineup though. Balance all over the place.

PS: The Heat and Bucks are interested in Kwame, so it wouldn't surprise me if they snatched him up for cheap. I haven't really heard of any interest coming out of the Lakers camp, so not sure if where we're headed for our reserve C. It wouldn't particularly shock me if we didn't do anything in this department, which is incredibly disappointing seeing as how our bigs can't seem to stay healthy.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#25 » by TylersLakers » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:31 pm

semi-sentient wrote:C - Andrew Bynum / Kwame Brown / DJ MBenga
F - Pau Gasol / Vladimir Radmanovic / Kenny Thomas
F - Ron Artest / Trevor Ariza / Luke Walton
G - Kobe Bryant / Sasha Vujacic / Coby Karl
G - Derek Fisher / Jordan Farmar / Joe Crawford

Pretty close to what tkb predicted, except I have Mihm going in the Artest trade and us signing DJ ($800k or so) and Kwame ($3 mil or so) on the cheap. That, and I think Radman will be in the 2nd unit over KT. What an awesome lineup though. Balance all over the place.

That would be great if we signed Kwame to the LLE, and then Kurt Thomas to part of the MLE.

PG: Derek Fisher/ Jordan Farmar/ Joe Crawford
SG: Kobe Bryant/ Sasha Vujacic/ Coby Karl
SF: Ron Artest/ Trevor Ariza/ Luke Walton
PF: Pau Gasol/ Kurt Thomas/ Radmanovic (/Thomas)
C: Andrew Bynum/ Kwame Brown/ DJ Mbenga

That would be nice. Some physicality. I'm not sold on Ron Artest though.. I want Posey. :(
El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#26 » by El Hardee » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:23 am

Kobe/Thabo
Hinrich/Pescado
Noc/Ariza/Vlad
Pau/Kurt Thomas
Bynum/Mihm

KT for the mle, Lamar/Puke/Farmar for Hinrich/Noc/Thabo.
Bank on it, if I'm wrong ban me!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers