ImageImageImageImageImage

Players Teams Are Interested In!

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

sp18614
Senior
And1: 0

Players Teams Are Interested In! 

Post#1 » by sp18614 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:49 pm

The Celtics are looking at a number of options via free agency with James Posey having left the team for the Hornets, according to The Boston Globe.

Available options for Boston include Michael Finley, Devean George, Matt Barnes, Bostjan Nachbar, Maurice Evans, C.J. Miles and Bonzi Wells.
Via The Boston Globe

The Bulls are still far away in their talks with restricted free agents Ben Gordon and Luol Deng, according to The Chicago Tribune. Via The Chicago Tribune

Why are the Lakers not pursuing any of the above mentioned players. Like make a play for Finley & K. Thomas, they would bring experience and toughness that we lacked so much last year. Or the Full MLE for B. Gordon. As the F/A period continues I think it is less likely Gordon gets anything more then the MLE. Finley would be a nice back up to Kobe. C.J. Miles would be an awesome pick up but would probally cost to much.

This Artest deal, to me, doesn't seem like it is going to happen. For the most part it always seem that the Lakers make a trade or sign a F/A that no one would have ever thought of. Someone not in rumors. Hence the Gasol deal. No one even knew. Just seems like we are overestimating what Mitch will do & the more time goes on I don't think Artest would be a great fit nor do I think trading Odom is the answer right now. Maybe trading Walton or Rad.

Who are some players, like second or third tier players, that you guys honestly feel we could obtain for short inexpenive contracts?
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Re: Players Teams Are Interested In! 

Post#2 » by hermes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:54 pm

we don't know if the lakers are pursuing them, because it seems mitch is operating in secret
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#3 » by rpa » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:13 pm

If Gordon accepted a full MLE deal Bulls fans would be rejoicing about 10 seconds later after the Bulls matched it.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#4 » by Dexmor » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:45 am

Lakers should look at Deng for Odom but it won't work. I hope the Artest deal goes threw.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#5 » by Mamba Venom » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:26 am

I still WANT Mr. Livingston. A 6-7 guard that can pass doesnt have to be the quickest. Take a chance on a lotto pick. A line up of

6-7 Livingston
6-6 Kobe
6-10 LO
7 Gasol
7-1 Bynum

would be the largest of ALL TIME!
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#6 » by SashAlex » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:03 am

I want Ron Artest !
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#7 » by microfib4thewin » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:42 am

Out of that list of players the only one that brings toughness would be Bonzi Wells. Finley looks like he's playing on his last pair of legs. Even if he doesn't get as heavy of a responsibility offensively like he did with the Spurs he's not going to help us much. While Ben Gordon may be overrating himself, the Bulls will probably give him the same 5 year 50 mil offer like the beginning of the season and find ways to get rid of Hinrich.

I would really like it if Kurt Thomas comes in, he was good at defending Duncan when he was still with the Suns, and he played well within his role to help the Spurs this year. A veteran that can guard 4s and 5s with a sweet midrange would be a perfect replacement for Ronny.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#8 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:54 am

umm Ben Gordon for the full MLE?

lol... CHI would love that offer. They could easily match and laugh all the way to the bank , considering he turned down 10 per last year.

Gordon for the MLE will not happen
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
islander009
Junior
And1: 21

Post#9 » by islander009 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:05 am

^ +1. Chicago will thank us for that offer.

I would love to take a look at Livingston and Green. Green was picked up already. But would anyone think that if we dont pick anyone up this offseason that having another Big guard like LIviningston would be bad? I mean he has potential and sure he has the Freakish injury but dang i still think that if he can recoup he can still play.

I seriously would love to have a strong defender on this team, as well as an enforcer just to knock the critics. I would love to drop the title of soft because we have a great offense but supposedly no defense. T prince or Artest? sounds like great options but both now seem to distant.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#10 » by Chubby Chaser » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:29 am

enlightenment wrote:I still WANT Mr. Livingston. A 6-7 guard that can pass doesnt have to be the quickest. Take a chance on a lotto pick. A line up of

6-7 Livingston
6-6 Kobe
6-10 LO
7 Gasol
7-1 Bynum

Livingston was a bum before he got injured and will be a bigger bum when he tries to return. He was the most overhyped player by clipper fans whom some have actually donned to be "the next Kobe" on their team. Livingston is absolute garbage...
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#11 » by Dr Aki » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:31 am

i thought livingston was meant to be the next magic?
triplethreatt
Sophomore

Post#12 » by triplethreatt » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:02 am

I'll take either Quinton Ross or Keyon Dooling, and either Kurt Thomas or Jorge Garbajosa. If Mbenga isn't kept, look into a cheap C option (Kwame, Elson, etc). Keep Sasha, let Turiaf go, and keep Crawford.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#13 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:50 am

Why are the Lakers not pursuing any of the above mentioned players?

the Lakers have said all along that they are happy with the lineup they have. I don't expect any changes, but would be satisfied if we get Artest for Odom.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Dexmor » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:39 pm

I still like Nociani and Kirk for Odom. They might even throw in something else like a pick or something.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#15 » by Dexmor » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:40 pm

If Livingston is healthy he is worth taking a chance on. He has a ton of potential. He can easily be a 10 dimes guy if healthy.
ShowtimeFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Post#16 » by ShowtimeFan » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:36 pm

enlightenment wrote:I still WANT Mr. Livingston. A 6-7 guard that can pass doesnt have to be the quickest. Take a chance on a lotto pick. A line up of

6-7 Livingston
6-6 Kobe
6-10 LO
7 Gasol
7-1 Bynum

I agree, in fact I think I posted this a few weeks ago (on another Board..)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers