ImageImageImageImageImage

Bonzi

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Re: Bonzi 

Post#21 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:46 am

Jajwanda wrote:Mo has hit .366% for threes on his career. Those two are far apart.

Bonzi's best days may be behind him but last I checked we're not picking through Luol Deng and Brandon Roy here.

And Mo was shoved off for being inconsistent himself. Trevor is a younger player with far more potential & as far as them being far apart, where? I don't see it
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#22 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:52 am

Jajwanda wrote:Mo has hit .366% for threes on his career. Those two are far apart.

Bonzi's best days may be behind him but last I checked we're not picking through Luol Deng and Brandon Roy here.
And just so you know Trevor shot .333 from beyond the arc once traded to the Lakers this season. Will you split hairs on that also?
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#23 » by Jajwanda » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:54 am

I never split hairs, but a career is a bigger sign than one incomplete year with the Lakers.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#24 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:57 am

Jajwanda wrote:I never split hairs, but a career is a bigger sign than one incomplete year with the Lakers.
You do realize Mo played a season and a half here right. So which season is the incomplete ? Mo was about as up and down as LO,plus he wants to be paid like he's a starter but he's not.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#25 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:59 am

Jajwanda wrote:I never split hairs, but a career is a bigger sign than one incomplete year with the Lakers.
Ok jajwanda in most cases that's true but Trevor is only 4 years in & looks like the sky is the limit for him Mo is at the point of his career that he's like the Dramatics, what you see is what you get! ANd you're speaking of him like he has had a stellar career. He's a good ball player but thats about all
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#26 » by Jajwanda » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:00 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
You do realize Mo played a season and a half here right. So which season is the incomplete ? Mo was about as up and down as LO,plus he wants to be paid like he's a starter but he's not.

Refer to his career stats not his Orlando stats.
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#27 » by Jajwanda » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:01 am

Yes I realize he's not an amazing player. All I'm asking for though is for him to backup Kobe again for say 2.5m a year.
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#28 » by laduane1 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:03 am

Bonzi, the LA media would love to write that name in there sports pages. Not sure he is worth the MLE. Not even sure he fits the Lakers system. If he is any kind of an up grade. I guess it would be ok.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#29 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:06 am

Jajwanda wrote:Yes I realize he's not an amazing player. All I'm asking for though is for him to backup Kobe again for say 2.5m a year.
He just turned down a 3yr 6.4 mil deal from the Warriors, what makes you think he'll want that with us ? I get where your coming from but you have to operate within you fiscal means.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#30 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:06 am

Jajwanda wrote:Yes I realize he's not an amazing player. All I'm asking for though is for him to backup Kobe again for say 2.5m a year.

Much rather give that to Bonzi if I had to choose between the two. Mo already was a back up to Kobe & was very inconsistent, Now we have Trevor that can do everything he can & he's a taller player. Mo had his time as a Laker. Give Trevor his
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#31 » by Jajwanda » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:09 am

Actually the rumor is that it was more like 2/3.6m. We can offer him 2.5-3m and it would be very reasonable.

Ariza will have his time, plenty of it. I expect him to get 30-35 mpg in a perfect world despite his lack of a 3 ball (one of the most overrated aspects of spacing ever that ignores the mid-range game as well as the ability to cut).
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#32 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:13 am

laduane1 wrote:Bonzi, the LA media would love to write that name in there sports pages. Not sure he is worth the MLE. Not even sure he fits the Lakers system. If he is any kind of an up grade. I guess it would be ok.

Not sure if he's an upgrade at all myself but the point you made that I definitely agree with is does he fit the system? All trades are not about upgrades, in a lot of cases it's about finding pieces that fit
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#33 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:17 am

Jajwanda wrote:Actually the rumor is that it was more like 2/3.6m. We can offer him 2.5-3m and it would be very reasonable.

Ariza will have his time, plenty of it. I expect him to get 30-35 mpg in a perfect world despite his lack of a 3 ball (one of the most overrated aspects of spacing ever that ignores the mid-range game as well as the ability to cut).

LOL ok now this is funny. You used Mo's "blistering" .366 3 ball % then down Trevor for shooting 3% less??? LOLOLOLOL! This obviously about how much you like Mo & that's cool but in this forum you gotta come correct & consistent or you will be called on it
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#34 » by Jajwanda » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:28 am

Career number vs. Career high number

I complemented Ariza for the other aspects of his game but apparently you read right over that. Even when I said a 3 ball is overrated you start laughing as if I'm a moron. I never said it was blistering don't try to put words in my mouth. Compare apples to orange, Evans is a .366 3P% shooter while Ariza is a .209 3P% shooter for his career. Sure Ariza can improve but that's not a guarantee. I have been consistent and I have been correct.I don't really care about Maurice Evans. Frankly I think he's a limited player and support starting Ariza over him any day.

Bonzi Wells would likely fit the triangle fairly well.
pdub15
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#35 » by pdub15 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:52 am

quote]Bonzi would have been a 100% yes a few years back but i think his best days are behind him. I'm not sure what you expect to get out of Chris Mihm??????? He's one that I will be happy to see when his numbers come off the books Fo Real!!![/quote]

Bonzi is in the same mould as Posey. Posey hits the 3 a little better. Bonzi hits it consistantly enough. Mihm as a healthy starter 10 and 7. He can put up the same 6 and 4 that Turiaf did and that's why we didnt match Warriors offer for Turiaf. It's all about pieces. We are keeping strengths and fixing a weekness. Bonzi fixes a weekness. Mihm keeps a strength because he can do what Turiaf did stat wise. Don't expect the Artest trade to happen. It would be nice but Lamar is a key to our game. Phil, Mitch, and Dr Buss see a unit that just needs small tweek. Plus Mihm comes off the books after the season.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#36 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:15 am

pdub15 wrote:quote]Bonzi would have been a 100% yes a few years back but i think his best days are behind him. I'm not sure what you expect to get out of Chris Mihm??????? He's one that I will be happy to see when his numbers come off the books Fo Real!!!

Bonzi is in the same mould as Posey. Posey hits the 3 a little better. Bonzi hits it consistantly enough. Mihm as a healthy starter 10 and 7. He can put up the same 6 and 4 that Turiaf did and that's why we didnt match Warriors offer for Turiaf. It's all about pieces. We are keeping strengths and fixing a weekness. Bonzi fixes a weekness. Mihm keeps a strength because he can do what Turiaf did stat wise. Don't expect the Artest trade to happen. It would be nice but Lamar is a key to our game. Phil, Mitch, and Dr Buss see a unit that just needs small tweek. Plus Mihm comes off the books after the season.[/quote]There's no way Mihm puts up 10 & 7 if he does I will be the 1st one to come back & give you your props on that big time
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#37 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:19 am

Jajwanda wrote:Career number vs. Career high number

I complemented Ariza for the other aspects of his game but apparently you read right over that. Even when I said a 3 ball is overrated you start laughing as if I'm a moron. I never said it was blistering don't try to put words in my mouth. Compare apples to orange, Evans is a .366 3P% shooter while Ariza is a .209 3P% shooter for his career. Sure Ariza can improve but that's not a guarantee. I have been consistent and I have been correct.I don't really care about Maurice Evans. Frankly I think he's a limited player and support starting Ariza over him any day.

Bonzi Wells would likely fit the triangle fairly well.

I didn't look over you complimenting Trevor, you just didn't comment when I told you he shot 33% as a Laker. Don't take it as I'm calling you a moron I would diss anyone like that. Don't take it personal, but re-read the thread you weren't talking like that at 1st but it's cool. I love talking B-Ball with people that feel like they know their stuff & can back it up.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#38 » by Jajwanda » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:22 am

As do I'm sorry if I got testy.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#39 » by hermes » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:51 pm

Rox_Nix_Nox wrote:put Vlad on the bench. never play him

fixed
Italianhanger
Senior
And1: 0

Post#40 » by Italianhanger » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:10 pm

im still in the dark of bonzi's skills he's seems like a big body guard and could drive to the hole
oddly he hasnt been picked up yet

brings energy Biedrins and blocks with rebound

Return to Los Angeles Lakers