Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Re: Official Sun Yue Thread 

Post#101 » by kno » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:16 am

Rox_Nix_Nox wrote:btw it's funny how you said

That sentence makes just as much sense as your sig does.

trying to be all cool with your words and karma comes back an slaps you in the face. I can see how the sentence can be misinterpreted but if it was said in a normal conversation between friends it wouldn't be that bad. haha i don't think my sig is that hard to understand, it's pretty simple and some people would agree with it. luke for sure and everybody that wanted odom for artest would understand it.

haha double whammy

Umm, what?

BTW, guess I was right when I said "...Or are you just going to brush it off like its nothing?"

Just the usual from you, I guess. Call someone out, I state my side of the argument, and you resort to respond to my argument with a worthless reply.

Guess I shoudlve known better. Shame on me.
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#102 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:38 am

I am going to brush it off. All that stuff people know already.He's big can pass block the Chinese magic Johnson whatever. good points but already known. my whole argument from the beginning was sun and why he was given a contract with the team. He's soft mentally (check the big spain game.), phil won't play him, his shot is inconsistent mind you in a court that does not equal an NBA court.

Kno wrote:Just the usual from you, I guess. Call someone out, I state my side of the argument, and you resort to respond to my argument with a worthless reply.

it's funny you say that when you come out with this

Kno wrote:That sentence makes just as much sense as your sig does.

Maybe if you came out an said something that was mature i would have respected it. That was my side..(you know that post where you highlighted in red a simple mistake by me) and funny it was originally you who "responded to my argument with a worthless reply". Hmmm... that whole little "call someone out, I state my side" thing sounds a lot like you.
funny...
allen007
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#103 » by allen007 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:16 am

S.Yue played POINT GUARD position today agsinst Greece. He scored 9 pts (3/7 FG% 1/3 3pts FG% ) & a game-high 6 asists in 29mins which proved his PG talent.

Go Go Rockets!
XcalibuR
Lead Assistant
And1: 79

Post#104 » by XcalibuR » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:21 am

Sun Yue was an absolute beast today, his presence on the court was just as big as Yao was (although Yao didn't exactly have a great game). He was aggressive, shooting and defending. Don't over look his 6 assists, he created almost every one of China's opportunities when he was on the floor, and the points he scored, he didn't have a lot of help at all. His 3 point shooting isn't deadeye like the greeks, but he was actually creating his shots unlike everyone else, I think he won't have as hard of a time transitioning to the NBA as many think.
daddyfivestar
Banned User

Post#105 » by daddyfivestar » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:44 pm

hermes wrote:he's not going to be nothing is a double negative

so what he really meant was he's going to be something, probably a huge star

exactly, although maybe not huge star... "not nothing" would be translated to "at least something"

what poster meant was, "he's going to at least be something"

:rock:
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#106 » by kno » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Rox_Nix_Nox wrote:
Kno wrote:Just the usual from you, I guess. Call someone out, I state my side of the argument, and you resort to respond to my argument with a worthless reply.

it's funny you say that when you come out with this

Kno wrote:That sentence makes just as much sense as your sig does.

Maybe if you came out an said something that was mature i would have respected it. That was my side..(you know that post where you highlighted in red a simple mistake by me) and funny it was originally you who "responded to my argument with a worthless reply". Hmmm... that whole little "call someone out, I state my side" thing sounds a lot like you.
funny...

When you seemed to be so set on your argument, and come out with a sentence like that (which mind you, completely goes against your whole argument), I'd have to call you out for it. And then the fact that you later on claimed your statement to be correct (which if it was, would be completely against all the other gibberish you were saying), it made it all the more noteworthy.

Anyway, Yue had an amazing game today. There's a reason the guy lead team CHina in minutes vs Greece. Had no TOs vs these so-called greek "elite guards".

BTW, this Yue "mentally weak in crunchtme problem" wont be an issue on this Laker team.

Why?

DOes anyone actually see Yue playing big minutes down the stretch over Fish/Sasha/Kobe/Odom/Luke?

I sure dont.

At teh most, Yue will play around 10mpg (maybe even 5). I highly doubt any of those minutes will come in a 97-98 game with 3min left in the 4th.
KingLakers
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#107 » by KingLakers » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:33 pm

Well now that the Chinese basketball team has been eliminated from the olympics here are Sun Yue's final stats for the tournament.
6.8ppg, 2.1rpg, 2.5apg, 1.3spg, 0.8bpg, 28mpg, 2.1 fouls per game, 1.6 turnovers per game
total shooting stats are 15-30 fgs 50%, 6-14 3pts 42%, 7-8 fts 87%.
Looks like Yue is going to be project for a couple of years if he makes the team.
GO LAKERS
howard2
Sophomore

Post#108 » by howard2 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:14 pm

China Daily
By Zhao Rui
8-23-2008
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/olympics/2 ... 963480.htm
Nice article about Sun Yeu.

China's Sun next rising NBA star

So which basketball star have NBA scouts had their eyes on in Beijing? His name is Sun Yue.

The 2.06m point guard played a key role in China's advance to the Olympic quarterfinals. He didn't score much, but his ability to run the team's offense has made him an important player for Team China, which has longed for a decent guard for a while. His performance has also driven up his stock as a future NBA player.

--------------------
Sun played a strong game despite spending most of it being guarded by Bryant, arguably the best outside defender on the planet. Sun protected the ball well and kept Bryant from disrupting China's offense too much.

The NBA's Most Valuable Player was impressed with Sun in the first meeting.

"I think he's very talented, actually," said Bryant. "I was very impressed by him. I think he has great size, great length, good shooting touch, good ball handler, good vision, good pace.

"I was surprised at his size right off the top. He was able to handle the ball. I tried to test him a little bit, see if he could go left, go right, that sort of thing. So I like him."

Plus More.
wezbo
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#109 » by wezbo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:56 pm

Sun is a man on a mission, nice to see kobe likes him

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... the_world/

Chris Paul, the NBA's leading point guard and runner-up to Bryant in MVP voting last season, agrees.

"No 9 (Sun) is the best player in China's backcourt," he said during a press conference. "He is very quick, very athletic, very talented. He can shoot, and I think he can really play."
manny "pacman" pacquiao is the greatest
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 96

Post#110 » by Jaykoolzboy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:11 pm

Sun can play, but I think he is 2-3 years away from contributing.
howard2
Sophomore

Post#111 » by howard2 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:14 am

China Daily
8/23/08

The Los Angeles Times describes Sun as a smaller Toni Kukoc - long and left-handed with a surprising all-around game.

But the competition to join the Lakers will be fierce. The team has already signed guard Dwayne Mitchell and drafted guard Joe Crawford. The team's backcourt features Derek Fisher, Jordan Farmar, Kobe Bryant, Coby Karl and the recently re-signed Sasha Vujacic.

It may be a while before Sun's contract is finalized, but his massive improvements have won him high praise from teammates and coaches.

"He wasn't a very good shooter and dribbler before, but this time he was doing great on both sides," said Yao Ming. "I noticed his progress after returning to China in July. I think he is ready for his NBA trip."

China's Lithuanian coach Jonas Kazlauskas agreed with Yao. "Sun is very impressive on both ends. He has size, he can play three positions on court. He can play different offenses, and he is a great defender as well."
------------------------------------------------------
He will face heavy competion, may become a fan favorite among Chinesse population, and hasn't finalized his written contract. [Edit: Signed written contract on 8/25/08 vs a verbal commitment.] He will be more of a project this coming year. He can play three positions(PG,SG & SF).
NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#112 » by NOODLESTYLE » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:26 am

Leonidas
Starter
And1: 2

Post#113 » by Leonidas » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:37 pm

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/08085sunyuesigned.html

So Sun signs again? I'm confused. Is it officially oficial now? Or is this a non ganroteeee!?!?

Propz to Kno for the sig..
howard2
Sophomore

Post#114 » by howard2 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:06 pm

ESPN & Hoospworld
8/25/08
ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?sec ... id=3553193
Hoopsworld: http://www.hoopsworld.com/TheWireStory.asp?id=12580
Sun Yue signs with Lakers

Sun Yue, a second-round pick in the 2007 NBA draft, signed a multiyear contract with the Western Conference champion Los Angeles Lakers.

Terms of the deal were not announced.
ChocolateThundr
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#115 » by ChocolateThundr » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:24 am

YESHHHHH

The Sun will rise in LA. (sry shaq)
ShowtimeFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Post#116 » by ShowtimeFan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:39 am

Are you really sure this is the OFFICIAL Sun Yue thread and not some cheap Chinese knockoff?

oops sorry, Pau made me say that!

I want to welcome Sun to the Lakers and hopefully he can start contributing by the end of the season...
howard2
Sophomore

Post#117 » by howard2 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:35 am

LA Daily News
8/25/08
http://www.dailynews.com/ci_10302980

Lakers sign Chinese guard Sun

It's official: the Lakers signed Sun Yue on Monday, adding to their depth in the backcourt and increasing their collection of international players.

Sun, a 6-foot-9 point guard from China, agreed to a two-season contract earlier this month but delayed signing on the dotted line until after the Beijing Olympics. Financial terms were not disclosed.

"He's really looking forward to (joining the Lakers)," said Charles Bonsignore, Sun's agent. "The Olympics gave him kind of a boost. He's optimistic and, obviously, a little bit excited."
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#118 » by milesfides » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:55 am

He could be quite possibly the best defensive small forward on this team.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#119 » by NOODLESTYLE » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:24 am

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9871

Sun is getting the standard minimum two-year contract for a second-round draft pick; however his entire contract is fully guaranteed ($1.2 million - ~$442k and ~$736k). He was chosen by the Lakers with the 40th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft.
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#120 » by kno » Mon Sep 1, 2008 7:14 am

milesfides wrote:He could be quite possibly the best defensive small forward on this team.

Over Ariza? I dunno...

Also, lets hope we're both wrong and Phil bumps up Kobe's minutes at the Sf spot (played 20% of SF minutes last season).

Return to Los Angeles Lakers