ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Sun Yue Thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

allen007
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Official Sun Yue Thread 

Post#81 » by allen007 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:34 pm

S.Yue was in foul trouble while against Spain.

He scored a 2nd high 11pts last night against Angola, 4/4 FG%, 2/2 3ptFG%, 2 asts & 2 stls.
Go Go Rockets!
wireonfire
Junior
And1: 1

Post#82 » by wireonfire » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:50 pm

aznkillabeezZz
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#83 » by aznkillabeezZz » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:17 pm

I just don't see him to make it in lakers rotation, he doesn't have the strength. He's not that great at ball handling.. as a PG. And not that great at shooting or creating his own shot as an SG. Average passer. He needs to be more tough and aggressive. He has some skill and height, but lacking in many other aspects. Average bball iq
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#84 » by kno » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:11 pm

Rox_Nix_Nox wrote:I've seen sun these last two games now against usa and spain and all i have to say is he's not going to be nothing. Doesn't have the mentality, shot, or any type of intagables. Today while spain made their comeback he just floated around the court like a lump of crap. I mean these other chinese guys were stepping up, having the game of their lives for their country. Guys that won't even be on a NBA team and theres sun, our 2year commitment giving noting at all. Wasted roster spot.

That sentence makes just as much sense as your sig does.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#85 » by Danny Darko » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:33 pm

Kno wrote:
Rox_Nix_Nox wrote:I've seen sun these last two games now against usa and spain and all i have to say is he's not going to be nothing. Doesn't have the mentality, shot, or any type of intagables. Today while spain made their comeback he just floated around the court like a lump of crap. I mean these other chinese guys were stepping up, having the game of their lives for their country. Guys that won't even be on a NBA team and theres sun, our 2year commitment giving noting at all. Wasted roster spot.

Duh, Kno... it's obvious to me:

He's not going to be nothing, he's going to be a kickass revenue building side show attraction with potential and a nice front row seat to learn from the best.

I'm positive that's what he meant :wink:
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,561

Post#86 » by hermes » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:21 pm

he's not going to be nothing is a double negative

so what he really meant was he's going to be something, probably a huge star
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#87 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:06 am

Kno wrote:

the sentence makes sense. the sig makes sense.

How about the rest of the post? Does it make sense to you? Can you tell me anything good about sun other than "he's a 6'9 point guard"? nope. O but that doesn't make sense yaha yadda ya
wezbo
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#88 » by wezbo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:30 am

yee hes a 6"9 pg who isnt afriad to play D and can pass, thats seems worthy of atlea a roster spot dont u think
manny "pacman" pacquiao is the greatest
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran

Post#89 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:40 am

no i don't. Phil probably won't play him. He can pass yeah but that alone doesn't merit crazy hype for a guy. his jumpshot needs work. Lakers are playing for titles, did you see a guy like sun on Boston's team? no. I don't get wasting a roster spot for him. Whats the point in having him when he's never going to play, he's like i said just wasting a roster spot.
ChocolateThundr
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#90 » by ChocolateThundr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:54 am

Sun Yue plays D, that alone I would take him over Radman
allen007
Sophomore

Post#91 » by allen007 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:56 am

YAO gave S.Yue big prise after the game against Angola and admitted that he was impressed by his plays these days. -----------Titan sports Aug.15
Go Go Rockets!
daddyfivestar
Banned User

Post#92 » by daddyfivestar » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Sun is impressing me at the Oly's as the 2nd/3rd option for the Chinese behind Yao. I thought he'd have more assists though but Yao and Yi are blackholes with the rock.
allen007
Sophomore

Post#93 » by allen007 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:18 pm

China even put S.Yue on Dirk !!! 3 rebs 2 blks by Yue at 1st quarter~~
Go Go Rockets!
Sroek
Sophomore

Post#94 » by Sroek » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:48 pm

Sun Yue is a spectacular shotblocker. He's impressed me throughout these Olympics, but China has a **** coach. They need to set more picks from him to create off the dribble.
allen007
Sophomore

Post#95 » by allen007 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:08 pm

Another block on Dirk by S.Yue!!!!

S.Yue 2/3 FG%, 1/2 3ptsFG%, 5 pts ,5 rbs, 2 stls, 2 asts, 3 blks

China 59:55 Germany
Go Go Rockets!
wireonfire
Junior

Post#96 » by wireonfire » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:04 pm

Sun Yue so far is 5 for 12 on the 3's, that is 42%!
baroidi
Sixth Man

Post#97 » by baroidi » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:11 pm

yeah I've been surprised with Sun Yue's shooting, last time I saw him, his shot was really bad. Guess he really put work into it. His shot blocking has been awesome in the olympics.
wezbo
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#98 » by wezbo » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:22 pm

intersting note, sun leads china in fg% 52%

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/oly ... uStat.html

manny "pacman" pacquiao is the greatest
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#99 » by kno » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:43 pm

Rox_Nix_Nox wrote:
Kno wrote:

the sentence makes sense. the sig makes sense.

How about the rest of the post? Does it make sense to you? Can you tell me anything good about sun other than "he's a 6'9 point guard"? nope. O but that doesn't make sense yaha yadda ya

So are you saying he's absolutely going to become something good in this league?

Because if you went back and revised the bolded sentence and still say its correct, then that must be what you mean.

And yes, I can tell you much more.

Yue is a LOT more athletic than you average non-american import. The good part? Yue KNOWS how to use his athleticism to his advantage, unlike other freaks of nature such as James White. Granted athleticism isnt enough to warrant a roster spot, Yue comes with much more than that.

Yue, as we all know, is an avid shot blocker. He's not afraid to go up against anyone in teh air, which if you noticed, is a quality 99% of great shot blockers have.

Not only is he a good shot blocker, but his 1v1 defense is acceptable. In teh USA/China game, Yue did a good job on Kobe. I noticed he denided Bryant the ball on some possessions, and on others whre Bryant did manage to get the ball, I do recall Yue cutting off the angles almost to perfection. This denied Bryant the lane, and he settled for the assist or an outside jumper (remember, Bryant only shot 1-7 from the 3pt line). He's not a defensive stopper by any means, but if he bulks up and combines that with his decent foot speed and good decision making, he will have the ability to become an above-average defender at the SG spot.

Yue also surprised me these Olympic games by showing he has a respectable jumper. Going into the games, I kept reading how Yue has an absolutely HORRID jumper. Over and over, that was his main knock. Now, he's leading China in FG% (yes over Yao, which is a great feat in its own right), and has shot, and his stroke from the outside has been impressive.

is that enough for you? Or are you just going to brush it off like its nothing?

BTW, I didnt even talk about one of his biggest assets, his playmaking.
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran

Post#100 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:27 am

btw it's funny how you said

trying to be all cool with your words and karma comes back an slaps you in the face. I can see how the sentence can be misinterpreted but if it was said in a normal conversation between friends it wouldn't be that bad. haha i don't think my sig is that hard to understand, it's pretty simple and some people would agree with it. luke for sure and everybody that wanted odom for artest would understand it.

haha double whammy

Return to Los Angeles Lakers