Post#41 » by wezbo » Sat Aug 9, 2008 8:27 pm

its about time they signed him
manny "pacman" pacquiao is the greatest
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Sun Yue is comming over 

Post#42 » by DubaLakers » Sat Aug 9, 2008 9:58 pm

There's all kinds on info in that article. Thanks.
bigbreakfast
Sixth Man
And1: 628

Post#43 » by bigbreakfast » Sat Aug 9, 2008 10:38 pm

I really want him to succeed, but I don't think he's going to be a contributor for a coupla years. I feel e has good vision, passing and feel for the game, but his ball handling isn't that great at all, definitely not NBA guard quality yet. He is by far China's best perimeter defender, so I think this is the first area he can contribute in. His shot is horrid too. but I'm glad, he's not getting any better playing in singapore, this is his chacne to take himself to the next level.
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#44 » by laduane1 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:42 am

At 6'9 or so, he might be able to play a few positions. If he is that good, they will find time for him in the line up. I think he might be more like 6'8 or 6'7, we shall see when he gets here.
ShowtimeFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Post#45 » by ShowtimeFan » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:13 am

laduane1 wrote:At 6'9 or so, he might be able to play a few positions. If he is that good, they will find time for him in the line up. I think he might be more like 6'8 or 6'7, we shall see when he gets here.

Dude take a look at this vid of the Lakers measuring the guy and he clearly states 6'9" after measuring him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q6wQM23zgE
XcalibuR
Lead Assistant
And1: 79

Post#46 » by XcalibuR » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:02 pm

Yue playing pretty well today. His shooting has improved noticeable, and his defense is passable on the NBA level.
XcalibuR
Lead Assistant
And1: 79

Post#47 » by XcalibuR » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:23 pm

SUN YUE with the HUGE block.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#48 » by Vator » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:35 pm

Kobe dunked on Yue in the 2nd quarter at the 4:45 mark. Then Lebron dunked on him at the 2:29 mark. Then Bosh at the 1:54. Bad sequence, but It took a lot of courage to go up with those guys though. Not many players would have done that. I was surprised he had the jumping ability to even contest the two against Kobe and Lebron. The kid has guts, he just needs to learn how and when to take advantage of that length and athletic ability.

I've been slightly impressed with his game so far.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,940

Post#49 » by Sedale Threatt » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:03 pm

He's a shot blocker; shot blockers are going to get dunked on. Otherwise, you're not going to make plays like the one he did on Dwight Howard. Overall, he's a nice prospect -- good athlete, decent shot, decent handles, pretty good vision, very good shot blocker. I'm glad we took him, especially for a second. Dude needs to seriously hit the weights, though. Most people spread out a bit when you get to their shoulders; Sun looks like he tapers off the higher you go. Do some Arnold presses, man.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#50 » by Vator » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:15 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:He's a shot blocker; shot blockers are going to get dunked on. Otherwise, you're not going to make plays like the one he did on Dwight Howard. Overall, he's a nice prospect -- good athlete, decent shot, decent handles, pretty good vision, very good shot blocker. I'm glad we took him, especially for a second. Dude needs to seriously hit the weights, though. Most people spread out a bit when you get to their shoulders; Sun looks like he tapers off the higher you go. Do some Arnold presses, man.

Exactly what I was saying. Even after all of that early misfortune, he still had the guts to go up with D. Howard of all people and made an excellent play on the ball. Oozing potential.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#51 » by Sedale Threatt » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:39 pm

I don't know why, because they don't really play alike, but he reminds me for some reason of Hedo Turkoglu -- a tall, rangy perimeter player who can do a lot of things well. I seriously doubt Sun will ever be as polished an offensive threat as Hedo, but I like the shot-blocking and creativity he brings. A unique player. If he's got the desire, I can easily see him developing into solid rotation player within a few years.
taipan9999
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#52 » by taipan9999 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:48 pm

see how he blocked D. Howard last night!!!
Leonidas
Starter
And1: 2

Post#53 » by Leonidas » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:51 pm

*&******** i missed the game *********

Propz to Kno for the sig..
NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#54 » by NOODLESTYLE » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:23 pm

Leonidas wrote:*&******** i missed the game *********

They are showing it right now if you're on the West Coast, NBC.
soleartiz
Freshman

Post#55 » by soleartiz » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:42 pm

i think he will become a great player he just need the right training. when i was in china/ shanghai i saw yao play before he came to the us. hes not so great at all but his height is just amazing. but after few years in the nba he became one of the elite center. i think sun yue have the potential.i am from shanghai china i watch the sharks play all the time. now i am in the us laker is my #1 team. for some reason alot chinese people likes the lakers and kobe
NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#56 » by NOODLESTYLE » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:36 pm

soleartiz wrote: now i am in the us laker is my #1 team. for some reason alot chinese people likes the lakers and kobe

The Lakers are loved around the world, Kobe in particular has fans around all of Asia. It also helps that he had his Asia Tour the past 2 summers.
Sroek
Sophomore

Post#57 » by Sroek » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:41 pm

Keep in mind that Sun Yue is a scrawny guard, but he still swated Dwight and will contest any shot within his vicinity.
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#58 » by kno » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:04 pm

I saw really surprised with Yue's shot.

I thought he was going to come out looking like a rookie Sasha did here in LA, but nah, the kid proved me wrong.

Granted it was only one game, I liked the kid's game. He's fearless, and didnt take ridiculously tough/ugly shots. He chose his shots carefully, and wasnt scared to go at Bryant.

I can definitely see him being a solid role player later on in his career. The Hedo comparison is a weird one, but I can see it fit.

I see more of a Thabo Sefolosha in him, which I'd love to see on the Lakers.
B-Scott
Head Coach
And1: 94

Re: Official Sun Yue Thread 

Post#59 » by B-Scott » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:15 pm

I don't like the offense that China runs. Id like to see them run some high screens for Sun Yue to get him some space to get inside the paint more and utilize his passing ability. He's a very good passer and unselfish. Set some screens for him.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Re: Official Sun Yue Thread 

Post#60 » by Sedale Threatt » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:20 pm

Kno wrote:I saw really surprised with Yue's shot.

I thought he was going to come out looking like a rookie Sasha did here in LA, but nah, the kid proved me wrong.

Granted it was only one game, I liked the kid's game. He's fearless, and didnt take ridiculously tough/ugly shots. He chose his shots carefully, and wasnt scared to go at Bryant.

I can definitely see him being a solid role player later on in his career. The Hedo comparison is a weird one, but I can see it fit.

I see more of a Thabo Sefolosha in him, which I'd love to see on the Lakers.

I have no idea where the Hedo thing came from, because they don't have similar styles at all, but that was the name who stuck in my head for some reason. I guess from the versatility/size standpoint. Maybe a shot-blocking Toni Kukoc with less offensive polish is a better comparison. Pass a little bit, shoot a little bit, score a little bit, block a shot or two -- not great at anything, but good at plenty. I only wish he was three or four years down the road in his development; a guy like that, provided he pans out, would be really valuable for a team looking to get over the championship hump.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers