trade kobe

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

trade kobe 

Post#1 » by TruSkool » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:28 pm

whats goin on realGM?!

heres da deal, as much as i love kobe...one of da best of all time yada-yada-yada....

i agree no one in their right minds can turn down 40-50, damnit, even 30million a year...especially if you save on taxes and have ur expenses paid for....
but as much as the lakers have done for kobe, as much as the fans have adored kobe, that doesnt mean money is everything. theres stuff like dignity and respect. to gain respect, which kobe has, you gota give respect, which kobe hasnt.

im kinda tired of kobe saying i wouldnt mind playing here or there, trade me, if the money is right n all that...damnit ur still making like 12 million AFTER taxes, and you live in LA, how much more do u need? and on top of that, u actually PLAY for a living.

so before the fans and the organization gets bit in the asses by the black mamba, i say we get rid of him.
i mean we built a whole damn team revolving around him, he makes so much money, he lives in arguably one of the best cities in the world, yet the guy has guts to say "i'd go play there for 50million a season"
as much as i love bryant as a player, i think getting rid of him and his ego might be the best thing for the lakers...just so the drama can dissapear and the "lakers" name can dissapear from the news.

i think mitch should seriously consider packaging kobe for the right deal-
like billups, tmac, pierce, iverson, or somebody.
all of the above players have about 4-5 good years left in them. and theyre not SO GOOD that a european team would offer them 50mill a season.

kobe, LA built a team for you, made u a king, you went to the finals, you won mvp, you make as much money alone as half the city of pasadena probably does, and u still got the guts to say you can potentially leave. SELFISH
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Re: trade kobe 

Post#2 » by SashAlex » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do people from Glendale make more money ? :lol:

Kobe still wants to win as many NBA titles as possible being the leading man ! No way he could agree to play for 30 - 50 M EURO in the next 10 years !

Don't take it serious, man !
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#3 » by iamworthy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:15 pm

Here we go :noway:
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by DubaLakers » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:36 pm

Kobe and LBJ are realizing completely just how much they are LOVED globally. Sure their agents can relay that, or the NBA can tell them how many jerseys they sell globally, or show them reports, etc...but to witness it live is maybe the visual that they needed.

The chance to make that much money overseas is hard to pass up, I truly think this is more leverage than anything. D Stern has gotta realize this monster he helped create, globalization, is taking on a mind of it's own, and he has some important decsions to make and soon.

Kobe's whole career is based on legacy, history, being the best player ever, chasing all the NBA legends, especially in a Laker uniform. Eventhough he'd be dumb not to consider any outside contract offer I really think Kobe would finish his career in the NBA. Kobe has nearly completely transformed himself from a marketing standpoint, and these Olympics will surely put him over the top, meaning HUGE National endorsements once again.

Trade Kobe? Were's your LOVE?
KB20
Head Coach
And1: 4

Post#5 » by KB20 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:17 pm

As devastated as I would be if Kobe left to play overseas, you can't say anything about someone who's making $50 million a year doing what he loves the most. Italian clubs don't have that kind of money so unless he wants to go to Russia or Greece, I don't see him going anywhere.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#6 » by Slava » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:39 pm

:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#7 » by hermes » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:50 pm