ImageImageImageImageImage

Rumor, Mourning and Pargo to the Lakers.

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

lakeshow248
Senior
And1: 1

Rumor, Mourning and Pargo to the Lakers. 

Post#1 » by lakeshow248 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:19 pm

I saw this from another board, he says he has heard it via AM 570--the report goes that Mourning and Pargo and strongly considering the Lakers. Mouring would get the bi-annual 1.8 million and the Lakers' would split the MLE to give Pargo 3 million a yrs.

It would make sense in that another big hasn't signed, maybe they were waiting on Alonzo's health. As for Pargo he has not got an offer that I think he thought he might so maybe he seeks out a winner like LA. Pargo could be nice for this team W/ D Fish getting older by the day, and Pargo has great speed to boot w/ I'm sure better perimiter D as fish or Farmar.

Maybe the Lakers' are finally getting the championship contender discount as the left over free agents filter out. And another thing these guys are excemptions which would mean no cap hit which is key, or is what a lot of people believe in the numbers game of the salary cap world.

Lets hope Mitch is back from vacation and doing something, to veterans defiently can't hurt. I think Zo would be an awesome mentor for Andrew, especially on the defensvie side of the ball and his urber hard work.

I almost forgot this guy had over 400 posts and all the replys where positive and all belivied him for what it's worth. Who knows maybe this Kobe contract extension is going to make the Lakers' make a big push for this year and leave no stone unturned.
DubaLakers
Banned User

Re: Rumor, Mourning and Pargo to the Lakers. 

Post#2 » by DubaLakers » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:29 pm

Man I told you guys we needed another PG, biggest need IMO. Championship!
magic1fan
Starter
And1: 0

Post#3 » by magic1fan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:33 pm

Both of them would be very nice additions.
Only on realgm is 27,000 points, 5 rings, 1 rs mvp and 2 finals mvp considered overrated!
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#4 » by That Nicka » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:37 pm

Pargo may be saying he is considering LA to boost his offer from San Antonio or New Orleans.. I dont see why he would come here where he would only get like 10 mpg playing behind Fisher and Farmar...

Alonzo would be a great pickup though.. Hopefully he's not just gassin us up
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,946

Post#5 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:47 pm

I'd welcome Zo in a heartbeat. Pargo, not so much. Much rather see minutes invested in Jordan than wasted on a streak shooter like Pargo.
DubaLakers
Banned User

Post#6 » by DubaLakers » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:52 pm

Pargo is better than Farmar IMO. He would trump Farmar... Nicka and Threatt disagree, what about the rest of you?
That Nicka
Banned User

Post#7 » by That Nicka » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:57 pm

DubaLakers wrote:Pargo is better than Farmar IMO.

Its certainly debatable at the moment.. But its important to remember Farmar is 22 and Pargo is 29... I'd much rather see the minutes go to Farmar who will potentially be with the organization for much longer... when two talents are this close, you always go with the much younger player
wezbo
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#8 » by wezbo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:00 pm

i dont know about pargo, id rathewr give the minutes to yue and farmar to help them develope
manny "pacman" pacquiao is the greatest
That Nicka
Banned User

Post#9 » by That Nicka » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:00 pm

Actually its not really debatable

Farmar: 9.1 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 2.7 apg, 46%, 37%3FG, 20mpg, 22 years old
Pargo: 8.1 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.4 apg, 39%, 35%3FG, 19mpg, 29 years old
lakeshow248
Senior

Post#10 » by lakeshow248 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:07 pm

A Depth chart that add Pargo and Mourning over, Coby Karl and Benga is a win win no matter what.

Fish, Farmar, Pargo
Kobe, Sasha, Yue, Mitchell
Bynum, Mourning, Mihm
Gasol, Walton
Odom, Vlad, Ariza....

That is crazy depth for this year. And lets not forget, Mr. Fisher just turned 34 yrs old and had a bad foot condition that he played through. As well, Odom, Mihm and Ariza are all free agents nxt yrs, and Kobe will most likely opt out to test the waters and put the pressure on the Lakers' for a career ending contract or he could well consider Italy.

I think that much depth adds flexiblity to the roster for now and going forward via a trade.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,946

Post#11 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:08 pm

I've just never been a fan of Pargo's. Seems like he's great in one game and totally disappears in four. Now that I've seen the numbers, seems pretty obvious to me. Save money, keep grooming our young prospect.
MitchSlapped
Starter
And1: 32

Post#12 » by MitchSlapped » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 pm

Next time write "Sexy Rumor", cuz this is a "Sexy Rumor"
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#13 » by Danny Darko » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:38 pm

yay to Mourning
Nay to Pargo.... doesn't make sense within the framework of our stinginess so far. 3 mil is reasonable, but not for a 4th pg. I know Yue is raw, but I'd rather give him minutes.

Zo, if healthy would be ideal as a backup with Mihm.
Minhee
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#14 » by Minhee » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:40 pm

We always get teased with rumor and this is probably another bad rumor.
Pargo wants more than 3mil and we have no playing time for him.
Mourning makes a lot of sense and adds shotblocking plus Toughness. This is too good to be true so that means it will not happen. Mitch was done when he miraculously landed gasol.
KB20
Head Coach
And1: 4

Post#15 » by KB20 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:46 pm

I want Zo on this team so bad. He would be such a great fit and is exactly what we need. He definitely would have made a huge difference against the Celtics.
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#16 » by Erik Eleven » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Sexy or not, I like this rumor and I hope it's true. Zo would be a tremendous addition of veteran leadership and low post defense (if healthy).

I always liked Pargo, but he doesn't really do anything that Farmar can't do equally well or better. If Pargo is indeed on his way here, I'd suspect that there is a Farmar/Radman package in the works for a deal involving a decent PF return.

If we get Zo, I'll be super thrilled, even if he just rides the pine. He's a class act veteran that can teach Bynum a lot about how to play defense, and give him specific tips on how to defend/attack all the active centers of the league.
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#17 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:59 pm

do it
bulldogcharly
Junior
And1: 6

Post#18 » by bulldogcharly » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:00 pm

id love both pargo and mourning on this team. if we get pargo that probably does mean that we're gonna package him along with a bad contract (luke) to get a good back up PF for gasol. if we dont get pargo, we keep farmar and have him start either next year or the year after that.

mourning would be a great back up. bynum isnt ready to play a lot of minutes so he would probably play around 25 minutes and then mihm and mourning would split the rest of the minutes. with kareem helping bynum on offense if we got mourning bynum could eventually become the best offensive and defensive center in the league.
Spoiler:
<3Kobe<3
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#19 » by crazyeights » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:19 pm

Erik Eleven wrote:Sexy or not, I like this rumor and I hope it's true. Zo would be a tremendous addition of veteran leadership and low post defense (if healthy).

I always liked Pargo, but he doesn't really do anything that Farmar can't do equally well or better. If Pargo is indeed on his way here, I'd suspect that there is a Farmar/Radman package in the works for a deal involving a decent PF return.

If we get Zo, I'll be super thrilled, even if he just rides the pine. He's a class act veteran that can teach Bynum a lot about how to play defense, and give him specific tips on how to defend/attack all the active centers of the league.

+1

Alonzo Mourning is exactly what this team needs. If Mitch can bring him in, then I'd call this off-season successful.

Only question is what's the news with his health? The latest I had heard was he was going to miss the beginning of the season. How reliable is this radio rumor, I wonder...
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#20 » by dflash3 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:25 pm

I could be proven wrong seeing as how Elton Brand fooled me but Zo doesn't seem like he is interested in coming back to any other team except the Heat. He played for many years for the team and was welcomed back to the squad despite going to the Nets and won that elusive title with Miami I believe his loyalty for the Heat is stronger then ever and all signs point to him returning to the Heat if his rehab goes well. And the Zo Summer Grove which he is heavily involved in is located in Miami. So from my perspective its nothing but a rumor with no substance to it.

But, if he did come to the Lakers, he would be an excellent addition since he is one of the most professional guys in the league. His intensity on the defensive end and his leadership would be a very strong addition to the locker room.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers