Phil Jackson press conference

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Phil Jackson press conference 

Post#1 » by Slava » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:26 am

"I don't hesitate to say that if this team doesn't work out the way I want it to, Trevor may be a starting player in that first five," Jackson said about halfway through his 26-minute media session at the Lakers' practice facility on Friday. "I may just start him and convince Lamar to come off the bench, if I feel it's better for the team and we don't feel as comfortable on the floor as I'd like us to feel."

Jackson doesn't want Bryant on the court quite as much this season. Bryant turned 30 this summer, and after he played 38.9 minutes per game last season (the first time in four seasons he averaged fewer than 40 minutes) Jackson wants the number to drop just a little bit more.

"That's a goal he and I will have to work out," Jackson said. "I think 38's too much."

He avoided watching any media mentions of the humbling NBA Finals experience until he got back to Los Angeles and Jeanie Buss forced him to watch the ESPYS, where the Celtics won the "best team" award.

"She made me watch that when I got back from Montana just to spite me, just to make me have to see those guys up there saying, 'Our second victory in L.A.,'" Jackson said. "There's still a little bit of angst and anger there about that."

Linky
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Re: Phil Jackson press conference 

Post#2 » by TonyMontana » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:15 pm

I will be the first to say good read Jay Jay.............. Thanks you for your time posting this for us Mang............
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Re: Phil Jackson press conference 

Post#3 » by Slava » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:19 pm

No problem man!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers