ImageImageImageImageImage

Theus to introduce triangle offense to Kings

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Re: Theus to introduce triangle offense to Kings 

Post#21 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Oct 4, 2008 9:24 pm

kingsfan10 wrote:Yeah, thanks! Just another question, what will Kevin Martin's role be? Assuming that he is the #1 option of offense...i.e. Kobe...Will he average more points in this system? More assists? I do have a good idea what is the answer but I want you guys to say it because you know more of the offense than me.
It depends on the players around him. As you saw with our team a few years back, if the talent isn't that good then he'll have to shoulder the load of the offense. But a lot of what Kobe did was because he knew how to manipulate the offense to get the ball back in his hands when we weren't that good.

But Martin will average his normal average, it'll only go up if the rest of the guys can't fully absorb the triangle quickly. But Martin to me seems like a quick learner so he should be able to grasp the offense quicker then the rest. I've read on your board that Reggie started implementing parts of the offense last season, if so then Martin should have a jump start on it.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers