Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,621

KCAL gets rids of tape delays 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Mon Oct 6, 2008 5:51 am

jim hill on kcal announced it.

here's the broadcast schedule:

http://static.cbslocal.com/station/kcbs ... 008-09.pdf
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 644

Re: KCAL gets rids of tape delays 

Post#2 » by Desiderium » Mon Oct 6, 2008 5:25 pm

thank god, i hated those tape delays. always so tempting to check the score online...
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#3 » by kno » Mon Oct 6, 2008 7:49 pm

Finally!

No more entering a game thread at "game time", only to see the game thread is already on Pg.20 and read people discussing how Kwame was one rebound away from a triple double.

Oh wait..
lakerboy
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by lakerboy » Mon Oct 6, 2008 10:06 pm

phew i thought he was talking about the replay of the game at 3 in the morning,cause sometimes i forget to record a game.
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#5 » by Erik Eleven » Mon Oct 6, 2008 10:13 pm

Nice. Last year, I got two games spoiled for me because of tape delay. I guess the need for a delay becomes more redundant with DVRs.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#6 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Oct 6, 2008 11:27 pm

Well guess I'll be leaving work early this season. Finally KCAL catches up to the real world.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Hunter103
Assistant Coach
And1: 93

Post#7 » by Hunter103 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 1:17 am

There is a God after all.

I'd always watch the score online, and if the Lakers won, then tune in. To me, there's no point in watching a losing effort after the fact, unless something incredible happens during the game.
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#8 » by laduane1 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 4:14 pm

Only thing about showing games live is when they are on the east coast, who is home at 4 pm to see them. I rather have a tape delay till 5:30. Oh well if they show it live, I will DVR it and watch it at my time. I do not go online or watch the bottom line to see the score. Oh the othe hand, if they are down 40-10 to some lottery team, I might fast forward to get the game over a little faster. Like the NBA commericial said during the playoffs, Win or Go Home.
JimMurray
Banned User

Post#9 » by JimMurray » Tue Oct 7, 2008 8:11 pm

laduane1 wrote:Only thing about showing games live is when they are on the east coast, who is home at 4 pm to see them. I rather have a tape delay till 5:30. Oh well if they show it live, I will DVR it and watch it at my time. I do not go online or watch the bottom line to see the score. Oh the othe hand, if they are down 40-10 to some lottery team, I might fast forward to get the game over a little faster. Like the NBA commericial said during the playoffs, Win or Go Home.

Yeah, I was just as pissed off as you. I mean, who the hell can possibly make it home at 4pm to see a Lakers game. It's not fair to us west coast folks to be penalized for games played on the east coast. I thought about it some more and decided that I should write a letter to KCAL and protest there decision, and I thought about it some more and realized..."Oh Yeah! It's not 1988 and I can email them instead". I thought further still and realized, "Oh Yeah, they invented DVR like 10 years ago or something...".

So now it's all good.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#10 » by Chubby Chaser » Wed Oct 8, 2008 7:31 am

JimMurray wrote:
laduane1 wrote:Only thing about showing games live is when they are on the east coast, who is home at 4 pm to see them. I rather have a tape delay till 5:30. Oh well if they show it live, I will DVR it and watch it at my time. I do not go online or watch the bottom line to see the score. Oh the othe hand, if they are down 40-10 to some lottery team, I might fast forward to get the game over a little faster. Like the NBA commericial said during the playoffs, Win or Go Home.

Yeah, I was just as pissed off as you. I mean, who the hell can possibly make it home at 4pm to see a Lakers game. It's not fair to us west coast folks to be penalized for games played on the east coast. I thought about it some more and decided that I should write a letter to KCAL and protest there decision, and I thought about it some more and realized..."Oh Yeah! It's not 1988 and I can email them instead". I thought further still and realized, "Oh Yeah, they invented DVR like 10 years ago or something...".

So now it's all good.

Yeah, I'd be mad too if I didn't have my DVR. The only way I'd forget is if I would check my Stat tracker for Fantasy Basketball and I would see the Live Laker score as I was watching it a few hours behind on my tv. This doesn't affect me much anyways since I'll just DVR it no matter what. I don't get home from work by 5:30 anyways. (Gotta love the LA traffic)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers