ImageImageImageImageImage

Future of This Team

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Verbal
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Future of This Team 

Post#21 » by Verbal » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:18 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:To me, it's all on Buss.

If he wants to bite the bullet and put his money where his mouth is, as he has gone on record that he will, then there is no issue. The pieces are there. We just need to keep them all. That won't be Mitch's call, that will be Jerry's. And I will be EXTREMELY disappointed if he goes back on his word.

Suck it up, lose some bucks over the next four or five years, then make it all back when we have to start rebuilding around Andrew. Considering Jerry has already multiplied his initial investment in the Lakers 10 or 20 times, the last thing I want to hear about from him is cash.

EDIT -- Bottom 5?!? I couldn't possibly disagree more with that. V, I'm not saying Mitch is the second coming of Red Auerbach, but what has he done to earn such a lowly distinction?

Re-building on the fly, especially when you have a huge contract like Kobe's already on the book, isn't easy. Lo and behold, here we are with what seems to be a nice four- or five-year window to compete for a ring.

A lot of luck went into that, but surely he deserves at least some credit.

I'll bet the contract he's been making for the last 4 years since he took the job that I can find a dozen ppl that could do it better.

He can take the credit all he wants but he aint got it. And that's just real talk.

But he has improved............................... wonder how? (*cools myself out*)

Frankly he missed out on toooo many opportunties and easy-vet-fillers to make Kobe/staff's job easier that it's not funny.

I'm not gonna go into it, hell, I didn't even see this edit-post of yours, but I'll get back to it when I come back if you want me to go into it.

Please keep in mind that when I said Kupchak is a bottom 5 GM to ME, it was an opinion of mine that I went into detail w/ a parenthesis which stated, "that's amplified by my hate for his role as GM since Jerry West left, and b/c fans like myself think hey can do a better job at the helm."
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,939

Post#22 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:21 am

I'll take you up on that. Name me 12 GMs who have assembled a better roster over the past four or five years. Go.
Verbal
Banned User

Post#23 » by Verbal » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:22 am

No, I mean literally find 12 ppl that can do the job better, imo.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#24 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:24 am

Like off the street? C'mon...like I said, you couldn't even find 12 legitimate GMs who have done a better job, let alone from the NBA Live Wannabe GM crowd.
Verbal
Banned User

Post#25 » by Verbal » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:28 am

You win then, ST, this is getting personal.

No time for facts when it's checkout time. :wave:
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#26 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:35 am

Personal? Naw, not on my end. I'm just curious why you think a guy who has assembled a potential championship roster is one of the five worst GMs in the league. To each his own.
Verbal
Banned User

Post#27 » by Verbal » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:59 am

Before the Gasol trade... bro.

"to each his own" reminds me of Kill Bill, lmao.

See ya, I'll be back though.

Err, I don't have plans on leaving the game anytime soon, if that makes sense. :lol:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers