Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Re: Premature but....... 

Post#41 » by semi-sentient » Sun Nov 2, 2008 5:07 pm

JustBlaze20 wrote:
semi-sentient wrote:I think we should go for 100 regular season wins, which would probably give us home court advantage in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Actually, once we get 100 wins we get a 1st round bye

:P

On a serious note, we have a good enough team to break the 70-win mark, but it takes more than just talent, consistent effort, and good coaching. A key injury here and there will demolish any hopes of reaching 70, and that's assuming that we play with consistent effort from start to finish, which I doubt we will. At best, I see us reaching about 65 wins, and even that will take a bit of good fortune.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
nolimitation
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#42 » by nolimitation » Tue Nov 4, 2008 5:14 pm

anklebreaker702 wrote:
nolimitation wrote:I see Boston reaching 72-10 before any other team does and if not Boston then Detroit. Yes the East have improved a little, but that is among bottom 4 and lottery teams of the East. You guys have to go through New Orleans, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas and Utah. The difference between the top and bottom 4 from the west last season was only by a few games and LA lakers were lucky to be a top. They could have easily been 2nd or 3rd or last. If the Lakers have a shot at 72-10, then also I don't see why the other teams I mention in the west can't have that same goal too.
You do realize we were #1 without Bynum & Ariza right? And as far as luck goes 1 of our best coaches ever stated sometimes its better to be lucky than good (Pat Riley). I don't see anything wrong with your analogy because everyone is entitled to an opinion but this opinion sounds strictly like Laker hating to me

You do realize other teams had injuries as well too right. Ex: Hou w/o Yao hurts a lot more than Bynum and Ariza. How is it Laker hating? Some laker fans are just delusional and also someone here mentions that Boston will drop to around 50 wins, but I don't see that happening since the east is still less competitive and that is the same team that almost swept the west last season. Also when they face competitive teams like LA, SA, Hou, etc, they will play all out and would want to beat them, but would not take lottery teams like SAC, IND, etc to seriously.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#43 » by TonyMontana » Tue Nov 4, 2008 7:20 pm

vinnycorleone wrote:You're acting like I don't know the game myself. I played aau, h.s. ball...almost made it on a D2 college squad. I'm not worried about your army trust me, we're on a freakin message board what are you gonna post me to death? I got no beef i'm done with this convo after this post but dont belittle peoples points just cause you have been on this board for a long time. you dont have any seniority man...i know basketball better than 99% of the people in here and the Lakers have a legit shot at going 72-10 if they keep their mind and bodies right. If kobe ever wants to be the greatest basketball player to ever live and this team wants to be the best team there ever is...you have to go for that number 1 spot. Thats the problem with people today they say "Don't JINX it" or "its too early to say anything". Do you think when the Bulls won their 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th or 6th they werent expected to shatter every record and dominate every team. Did scottie pippen and everyone in chicago say "don't jinx it man its wayy too early". If you have the best, deepest team in the league....you should win the championship and almost every game you play.

look at boston last year came out the spot everyone said "they are peakin too early"....who held up the larry o brian? dallas couple years ago had an amazing regular season and made it to the finals. Kobe Shaq years there was pressure to win and what did we do?...WIN!

Hey Vinny, even though DEEP is my boy and we sort of have the same similarities, and I want you to know at no point or time am I taking sides.
I have voiced my opinion about this many times. I even started a thread in regards of this issue.
As far as this thread and a few of these that are poping up everywhere, I think your missing our point.
Its simple we havent dont ISH and we havent beated anyone.
We have only played 3 games and some Laker fans are taking this a bit too far.
You know?
How many games will we win, can we break the 72 games by the Bulls, we are going to be contenders for the next mellenium........ You know Garbage that has nothing to do with our success and in reality its making us look a bit childish and ignorant.
We have only won 3 games for crying out loud, how about we wait till mid season to comeup with these types of threads or predictions.
Thats all Brah, we know you have skills, I enjoyed reading some of your posts. Seriously, but we are getting a bit out of hand, not you in general I mean a few peps on here.
Again Brah thats just my take on this, nothing personal.
COOL MANG
Jordan23Forever
General Manager
And1: 54

Post#44 » by Jordan23Forever » Wed Nov 5, 2008 4:54 am

Bulls were 41-3 to start the season that year. Yeah, this is a bit premature. You'll have a better idea where they stand after 30 games or so.

LA certainly does have much more talent than those Bulls had, though (especially big man talent), so I wouldn't be surprised if they approached it. They're by far the tallest team in the league, too. I have them in the 64-68 win range for this season.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#45 » by Anklebreaker702 » Sat Nov 8, 2008 11:24 am

nolimitation wrote:
anklebreaker702 wrote:
nolimitation wrote:I see Boston reaching 72-10 before any other team does and if not Boston then Detroit. Yes the East have improved a little, but that is among bottom 4 and lottery teams of the East. You guys have to go through New Orleans, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas and Utah. The difference between the top and bottom 4 from the west last season was only by a few games and LA lakers were lucky to be a top. They could have easily been 2nd or 3rd or last. If the Lakers have a shot at 72-10, then also I don't see why the other teams I mention in the west can't have that same goal too.
You do realize we were #1 without Bynum & Ariza right? And as far as luck goes 1 of our best coaches ever stated sometimes its better to be lucky than good (Pat Riley). I don't see anything wrong with your analogy because everyone is entitled to an opinion but this opinion sounds strictly like Laker hating to me

You do realize other teams had injuries as well too right. Ex: Hou w/o Yao hurts a lot more than Bynum and Ariza. How is it Laker hating? Some laker fans are just delusional and also someone here mentions that Boston will drop to around 50 wins, but I don't see that happening since the east is still less competitive and that is the same team that almost swept the west last season. Also when they face competitive teams like LA, SA, Hou, etc, they will play all out and would want to beat them, but would not take lottery teams like SAC, IND, etc to seriously.
You're kind of bouncing all over the place. I'm not talking about Houston or anyone else. I'm going straight to the point that we weren't at full strength & still were the #1 seed in the West. I just don't see how you throw Boston & Detroit to 72 wins just like that. Niether team is as deep as the Lakers & I think our startin 5 is as good as anybody's and where do you get Laker fans being delusional & dropping the Celtics to 50 wins? I haven't seen that here. I myself personally think & want the Celtics to come out of the East I have been on their board & let them know I don't want anyone in the finals but the Lakers & the Celtics this year that's why it sounds like Laker hating to me. If you notice you cant say 1 good thing about the team in your posts. It's nothing personal, just an observation
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Farm Raid
Starter
And1: 0

Post#46 » by Farm Raid » Sat Nov 8, 2008 5:26 pm

I think his point is every year there's a "best" team in the league and every year (except for one, obviously) no team has won 70+ games. This year, it still hasn't been seen that the Lakers are the best team in the league, let alone one capable of winning 70+.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers