ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The Lakers Fan Election Thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: OT: The Lakers Fan Election Thread 

Post#141 » by DubaLakers » Sat Nov 8, 2008 10:59 am

You guys are starting to lay it on extrememly think then you keep atta boying each other I'm getting a little ill. It's completely one sided, and it's at times nasty, the Palin blasts are really nasty. You all do realize the reason our economy is in a mess? It's your beloved party. Your hero just hired his cheif of staff-designate... Rahm Emanuel. This is the same Emanuel whom held a seat on the Freddie Mac board. During the time Emanuel spent on the board, Freddie Mac was plagued with scandals involving campaign contributions and accounting irregularities. Eventually leading in large part the country's economic crisis.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,942

Post#142 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Nov 8, 2008 4:27 pm

Duba's getting ill. Great, now you'll know how many of us felt for the past eight years under W and Cheney.

As for the Democrats being to blame for the economic mess -- absolutely, positively no doubt they have a huge share in it. One of the most maddening bits of information I saw/read about the debacle is a youtube clip of one Democrat after another -- Barney Frank, Maxine Waters, Gregory Meeks -- not only denying the need for reform at Fannie/Freddie, but reacting to the notion with outright hostility.

In the name of fairness, here it is. It is not pretty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi ... -real-time

I would love the opportunity to vote each and every one of those swine out of office. What incompetent hacks.

But, here is something I'm sure the Hannity and Limbaugh crowd don't know, and don't want to know, because it doesn't fit their agenda. The honorable John McCain's own CAMPAIGN MANAGER, Rick Davis, was a paid lobbyist for Freddie Mac for years, and was a major player in efforts to de-regulate the mortgage industry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/24/us/po ... davis.html

So there you have it. If you're looking to find somebody in Washington who is blame-free of the economic disaster we're now in -- good luck.

Instead, check this link out and digest all of the many factors that brought us here today. Republicans, Democrats, Wall Street, Main Street -- all had their role to play.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/161936/page/4
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#143 » by LLcoleJ » Sat Nov 8, 2008 4:44 pm

ST, atta boy.

Maybe Duba should bring something more to the thread then " you guys voted because of skin color" and this person did/hung out with that person. As mentioned earlier I am an independent and have voted republican in the the past. But it makes me ill to see sore losers who choose to attack and generalize.
Fact of the matter is bush screwed this thing upand now we got to fix it.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#144 » by LLcoleJ » Sat Nov 8, 2008 4:51 pm

oh and about Palin,you want a Vp candidate and possible president of the US and possibly the free world to know 1st grade geography. If my son can answer a question she can't then we have a problem.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,942

Post#145 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Nov 8, 2008 5:00 pm

Exactly. I lean left, but with the state we're in right now, the last thing I'm worried about is party consideration or skin color. I voted for Barack because I think he's the best man for the job -- period.

And if he doesn't at least get the budget balanced over the next four years, I'll be giving strong, strong consideration to voting for Bobby Jindal, who has by all accounts been a fabulous REPUBLICAN governor in Louisiana. That's a candidate I can respect, not the walking punchline that is Sarah Palin.

As for the topic at hand, we've had the economic mess, Rev. Wright, the race card and if I'm not mistaken Bill Ayers. What's next on the Hannity/Limbaugh checklist?
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#146 » by DubaLakers » Sat Nov 8, 2008 5:11 pm

You continue to paraphrase me Phil and you're not doing it well. If you are going to slam me for soemthing I said go ahead and quote it please rather than changing it to your liking.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,561

Post#147 » by hermes » Sat Nov 8, 2008 5:22 pm

DubaLakers wrote: because it appears to me many voted for him in large part because they see him as an African American.

also i don't lean either way, i'd fall over :wink:
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#148 » by LLcoleJ » Sat Nov 8, 2008 5:25 pm

DubaLakers wrote:You continue to paraphrase me Phil and you're not doing it well. If you are going to slam me for soemthing I said go ahead and quote it please rather than changing it to your liking.

You are going to have to quote me because I have been ontopic to your comments. Since this is the first time you choose to respond to me in this thread then you are going to have show me where I have wrong fully characterized you?
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#149 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Nov 8, 2008 6:29 pm

DubaLakers wrote:You guys are starting to lay it on extrememly think then you keep atta boying each other I'm getting a little ill. It's completely one sided, and it's at times nasty, the Palin blasts are really nasty. You all do realize the reason our economy is in a mess? It's your beloved party. Your hero just hired his cheif of staff-designate... Rahm Emanuel. This is the same Emanuel whom held a seat on the Freddie Mac board. During the time Emanuel spent on the board, Freddie Mac was plagued with scandals involving campaign contributions and accounting irregularities. Eventually leading in large part the country's economic crisis.

OK and your dubiya chose Dunald Rumsfeld. the guy that lost an election to a dead guy. the guy that ran the iraq war a muck, the guy that sold little Kim nuclear technology, the guy that was friends with Saddam Hussain, the guy whos economic tactics brought the Pentagon to the brink of chaos, but hey I bet you were cheering for him all along.

as far as Emanuel is concerned was emanuel involved in any of those scandals or were the republicans the ones that were involved in scandals? btw, I expected you to realize that the reason why companies like Freddie Mac went bust was because of the deregulating economic policies of the Bush administration, the ones that macain supported. deregulation is what opened the door to greedy abuse of the lending industry. deregulation made possible the collapse of those companies because their CEO knew all along that their buddy W would bail them out. Emanuel had nothing to do with the economic situation those companies found themselves in.

look I understand you are pissed because your cash cow, your Reagan economic revolution, your Chicago school of economics philosophy, your Neocon agenda are dead, but just remember that they are dead because they don't work and not because somebody who worked for Clinton or Clinton himself is to blame. that boat has sailed, we are on to you and your parties twisted tactics. now get on board with the rest of America and instead of comdemming Obama before he is even charge give him a chance to succeed.

four years from now when Obama invades a country that had nothing to with 9/11 in order to make a profit for his friends, when Obama runs to the ground the national budget, when Obama goes golfing in Arizona during a natural disaster, when Obama hires unqualified cronies to run the Federal Emergency management Agency, when Obama outs one of our spies, when Obama puts the country in an economic state as bad as the one we are in now, then you will have something to say. in the mean time [removed] and don't hate the new America.
Forum permissions