Best Lakers in order

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Best Lakers in order 

Post#1 » by Dexmor » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:30 pm

1.Kobe Bryant- No arguing this one.

2.Pau Gasol-This was a tough one. By the second half of the season Bynum might overtake him as second best. Bynum is a monster defender so this really was tough.

3.Andrew Bynum-If anybody says he should be #2 with his defense I won't argue. He is a top 3 center in the league. I believe he just needs another 20 games to get his rythem fully back and will become #2.

4.Odom-He is really taking the 6th man role in stride even in a contract year. Alot of players with his skills in a contract year would never happily sit but he is such a team guy he does it no problem.

5.Jordan Farmar-Maybe you guys have a point in keeping Fisher as the starter with the chemistry and the 6th man being such a fast team but you can't say Farmar is not better. Farmar is clearly 5th best and by the time he starts I see him surpassing Odom. Farmar will be a top 15 pg in the league soon enough.

6.Fisher-He is 34 and still got it. He hasn't really declined at all. He hasn't been playing as many minutes as normal but that is only because of his backup is a future star. There are more talented players on the squad like Ariza but with his veteran craftyness he is invaluable.

7.Ariza-He is really breaking out this year. He is actually hitting the jumper. If he keeps that up he could earn himself quite a nice paycheck. He could is another Laker bench player who could be a starter in this league. With him it's just a matter of that foot staying healhy.

8.Radman-He is doing 2 things so far he has never done and that is play consistant and playing defense.

9.Sasha-He is a machine. He is one of the best 3 point shooters in the game. He truely is a 3 point machine. Can't you just see him hitting a ton of 3 point shots in the clutch during playoff time.

10.Luke Walton-How the mighty have fallen. O.K. maybe he wasn't so mighty but he is a good player to have as a 10th man. Unfortunately for him I don't see him moving up the list so much because he is probably gonna be pretty injury prone. It's o.k. though because the Lakers can get by with a 9 man rotation. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he sits most of this year and comes back healthy and strong next year from the rest.

The rest of the Lakers are absolute scrubs who you can get the same type oftalent from the d league anytime incliding Sun Yue. Sorry folks.
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Re: Best Lakers in order 

Post#2 » by Tommy Trojan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:06 pm

Lol only Dexmor will come up with this kind of threads this early in the morning!

You got Jordan too high up there he is more like # 9 or # 10 on the team. (If even that)
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#3 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:07 pm

mihm nor Powell are dleague quality
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Dexmor » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:25 pm

You have Farmar 9th or 10th? You think Ariza, Sasha, Radman are all better then him?
This year he is averaging in 21 minutes 10.2 points 1 steal 3.8 assists 3.8 rebounds 50% from 3 80% from the line and 45% from the field.
How can that be 9h or 10th?
Imagine what he would get with starters minutes.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#5 » by TonyMontana » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:33 pm

LMAOF
Minhee
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#6 » by Minhee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:03 pm

Just when I thought about missing Star24

Josh Powell is not a scrub, most teams would love to have him on the bench. Mihm isn't a scrub and Mbenga isn't bad, he is still learning. Your boy Luke is turning into a scrub though.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#7 » by Dexmor » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:34 pm

I am not a fan of Luke.
Powell is o.k. but Mbenga and Mihm and even Powell are guys you can pick up for second round picks in trades or sign midseason. There throwins on trades. You guys know what I mean.
Instead of saying lmfao make a list.

I would like to see somebody else's list. I think I am pretty dead on,
The only thing I am unsure of is does Bynum come before Gasol because I have Bynum rated 3rd best center in the league behind Ming and Howard and his offense is better then Howards and D is better then Mings so I can see him eventually moving up to all nba first team.
Bynum and the fact that the Lakers are trying on D will make this team win a championship not on just pure talent alone but with Defense and really good defense.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,561

Post#8 » by hermes » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:38 pm

kobe
gasol
bynum
odom
ariza
farmar
fisher
sasha
vlad
powell
luke
mihm
mbenga
yue
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Dexmor » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:09 pm

Thank you Hermes. An actual reply with your list. I see ours isn't to off from each other.

Josh Powel is a fine player and a good 11th man which he is on this team about. But to stick up for him like I am crazy for saying he is like a dleague or second round trade value is really off. If he was really good or a guy everybody would "love to have" he would probably get more then 4 minutes a game.
Although I will say If I was the coach I would have him as the backup Center/PF and not even play DJ and Mihm. My rotation would be

Bynum-35 minutes
Gasol-35 minutes
Radman-25 minutes
Kobe-35 minutes
Farmar-30 minutes

Odom-28-30 mins at all 5 positions
Fisher-20-25 mins at 1 and 2
Ariza-20 mins at sf and sg
Sasha-20 mins at 1-3

Powell and Luke various minutes when needed.

If the minutes don't add up exactly with 48 possible it's an estimate not exact.
Minhee
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#10 » by Minhee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:20 pm

Powell is not playing because Gasol, odom, ariza and Vlad are ahead in the frontcourt depth chart, not because he is a dleaguer. He easily would get Ronny's minutes on last year squad.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#11 » by That Nicka » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:27 pm

1. Kobe
2. Gasol
3. Bynum
4. Odom
5. Fisher
6. Farmar
7. Ariza
8. Sasha
9. Luke
10. Radman
11. Powell
12. Mihm
13. Mbenga
14. Yue
Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#12 » by Lost Angel » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:47 pm

actually, I agree with Dexmor.

not on the d-league stuff, but his rankings are spot on
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#13 » by Kilroy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:42 pm

5 games is not enough to say Farmar has improved that much over his dismal Play-Offs...

1. Kobe
2. Gasol
3. Bynum
4. Odom
5. Fisher
6. Ariza
7. Sasha
8. Farmar
9. Radman
10. Luke
11. Powell
12. Mihm
13. Mbenga
14. Yue

Radman has moved up a bit but not a whole lot and Luke isn't healthy yet. Farmar and Sasha are real close at this point. But Shasha gets the nod based on historical contributions.

How many Farmar posts have we seen from Star in the lask couple weeks? Farmar is going to be legit but he hasn't proven anything with what he's done this season so far. After all-stars there may be room to talk
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#14 » by lakersfanatic » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:20 pm

Whew! thank goodness it wasn't a thread on the best lakers thus far.. hehe

my IMO - top four is pretty much a given.

1. Kobe
2. Gasol
3. Bynum
4. Odom
5. Fisher
6. Farmer
7. Ariza
8. Radman (only because of how his defense has improved)
9. Sasha
10. Luke
11. Mihm (good bench center, soft hands)
12. Powell (haven't seen much of him.. sadly enough)
13. Mbenga (need more mins to really see what he's made of)
14. Yue (i forgot he's still part of the roster hehe. I would move him if this list was about who has the hottest girlfriends though lol)

Hey Dexmor, you should take the average of what we've selected and see what it looks like.. Just a thought
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#15 » by Dexmor » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Hey Dexmor, you should take the average of what we've selected and see what it looks like.. Just a thought

How would I do that?

I don't see how Sasha would get the nod considering Sasha only does one thing. Farmar is an all around player.
I have been making several posts about Farmar because I am just really excited about him. The Lakers haven't had an allstar quiality pg since NVE and #2 it was so exciting just thinking that the Lakers actually have a big 4 to think there actually gonna have a big 5 if they retain Odom next year.
Not only next year will they have a big 5 but 1 of the big 5 is the best player ever in Kobe Bryant one of them is a Center and there are so few allstar Centers and he is a top 3 center with top 1 center potential and my favorite position is pg. Also having a star pg is great for Kobe because instead of FIsher being the starting pg (next year) it will be Farmar a star pg so Kobe will not have to take the ball up the floor anymore and that takes alot out of you. Kobe is 30 years old. Having Bynum and Gasol takes pressure off but giving him a star to play with in the backcourt and not having him have to take up the ball and make all the plays will take a ton of pressure off him.

As for Josh Powell did any of you guys ever think before he was a Laker I really wish we had Josh Powell? I bet some real die hard basketball fans never even heard of him. If he got 38 minutes he probably would get 10 and 10 which is not terrible by any means but come on. There are plenty of Josh Powells out there available.
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#16 » by lakersfanatic » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:32 pm

I mean base on what we've posted... we all know kobe is number one..
then gasol, then bynum... then odom... But once people post their selections (hoping they do). complete the list...

unless it's so different that it can't be done hehe
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#17 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:09 pm

Dexmor wrote:I am not a fan of Luke.
Powell is o.k. but Mbenga and Mihm and even Powell are guys you can pick up for second round picks in trades or sign midseason. There throwins on trades. You guys know what I mean.
Instead of saying lmfao make a list.

I would like to see somebody else's list. I think I am pretty dead on,
The only thing I am unsure of is does Bynum come before Gasol because I have Bynum rated 3rd best center in the league behind Ming and Howard and his offense is better then Howards and D is better then Mings so I can see him eventually moving up to all nba first team.
Bynum and the fact that the Lakers are trying on D will make this team win a championship not on just pure talent alone but with Defense and really good defense.

Chris Mihm and Josh Powell are not dleague talent no matter where you place them on your" list". But really, I see no need to make "lists" , seems trivial , but I guess thats just me.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,645

Post#18 » by dockingsched » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:13 pm

i think its pretty clear that almost half the roster is sacrificing minutes and touches for the betterment of the team on a nightly basis, so to judge them at an individual level as fans seems to me a sign that the fundamental principle this team is operating at isn't being appreciated.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,879

Post#19 » by ronnymac2 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:31 pm

That nicka's list looked pretty good to me. I'd prob go

Bryant
pau
bynum
odom
fisher
ariza
farmar
sasha
radman
walton
powell
mihm
mbenga
yue

And what Dexmor said about bynum and pau possibly switching later this season is accurate imo as well. But for now, pau is solidly number 2.

I want better defense as a team though. I still can't get the images of tim thomas doing well against us in the middle out of my head from the first clippers game. lol
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#20 » by Asianiac_24 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:35 am

1. Kobe
2. Gasol
3. Bynum