Lebron calls Charles, "stupid"

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Lebron calls Charles, "stupid" 

Post#1 » by DubaLakers » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:42 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Charles is 100% right, LBJ looks in the mirror to much. He's 100% gone in 2010, I wish he'd just go already! Assuming it gets uglier, the talk of him leaving, they couldn't get enough for him in a trade right? CLE wouldn't do it for that reason as well as LBJ has the gifts that could bring CLE a title. If let's say he was just a scorer like Jacked Back TMac they'd probably trade him in this scenario.

Few teams would be able to accomidate a trade like that. Like lets say DET and NYC, two markets expected to bid for him, neither team really has any assets other than picks to offer up. Actually the Lakers would be a team that could pull that off, but KB24 would leave, and no way I'd want to do that trade. I can care less about age difference, I'd much rather have the mamba for the years we have him now. Kobe brings so much more to the table than his on court gifts.

As far as LBJ in NYC you thought frosted tips Arod was big news, It will make for a much bigger stage and a much more exciting game. NYC is going to have so much cap room they are talking about going for another big FA that off-season as well. NIKE will make up any salary lost since CLE can give him the best contract.

BTW the Cavaliers floor and unis combo, is there a worse combo in the league? Ugly! They definitley bring the excitment down a notch along with their unintresting players not named LBJ as well. People were slamming the OKC franchise for uniforms I like 'em.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Re: Lebron calls Charles, "stupid" 

Post#2 » by hermes » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:06 pm

are we sure he's 100% gone in '10?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,819

Post#3 » by TyCobb » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:08 pm

"BTW the Cavaliers floor and unis combo, is there a worse combo in the league? Ugly!"

The Timberwolves say hi.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#4 » by The Skyhook » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:32 pm

The should just stop figthing now because they know that this is bound to happen with lebron and charles the next time they see each other.

ReaListik
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#5 » by ReaListik » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:15 pm

LeBron's showing what's in his character right now. Finally people get to see what he's all about. He could've handled this all by defusing it with a "I'm here in Cleveland, I'm focused on winning the title with the group of guys we have, and that's all I care about right now." Even if that doesn't end the media speculation, at least he lets the fans and players know that his focus is in the present and improving on that 13-3 record or whatever they've got.
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by DubaLakers » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:27 pm

Damn Ty Cobb that's right FTW are those things.
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#7 » by Erik Eleven » Mon Dec 1, 2008 2:04 am

I think Charles has a point.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#8 » by Sofa King » Mon Dec 1, 2008 5:14 am

nuh huh, you're stupid you stupid head.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#9 » by milesfides » Mon Dec 1, 2008 5:21 am

The biggest problem I have with this is that the Cavs are currently one of the best teams in the league.

That Lebron is willing to entertain jeopardizing winning for a bigger market is disappointing.

Some players only care about winning, and I guess Lebron isn't one of them.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#10 » by Patterns » Mon Dec 1, 2008 5:50 am

Lebron's true color. I always say that Lebron is a media machine. He'll always say the right thing if you put a camera in front of him but there are a lot of times when he'll slip a couple of phrases that make you go "wow, this guy is a douche".
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#11 » by SashAlex » Mon Dec 1, 2008 2:57 pm

I officially call LeBron stupid !
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#12 » by lakersfanatic » Mon Dec 1, 2008 4:05 pm

nastneemz81 wrote:The should just stop figthing now because they know that this is bound to happen with lebron and charles the next time they see each other.

Good one!
Classic!!
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#13 » by TonyMontana » Mon Dec 1, 2008 4:29 pm

Skip Leborn and his 2010 contract, I could careless what he does or says today or in 2010.
Little kids like Lebron need to respect what certain players have done for this league and Barkley happens to be one of them.
He needs to STFU and play for the current team that is paying him a lot of money to win titles, not negotiate his contract in 2008 while his team is a contender.
Skip him, I hope he goes to the Knicks and sucks like the rest of the other overpaid clowns that are currently palying for the knicks.
Erik Eleven
RealGM

Post#14 » by Erik Eleven » Mon Dec 1, 2008 6:59 pm

He should have said, "Right now, I'm focusing on bringing a championship to Cleveland. I'll take questions about my free agency in 2010."
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#15 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Tue Dec 2, 2008 1:23 am

Patterns wrote:Lebron's true color. I always say that Lebron is a media machine. He'll always say the right thing if you put a camera in front of him but there are a lot of times when he'll slip a couple of phrases that make you go "wow, this guy is a douche".

The Cavs have a $13M expiring contract and a very high payroll. It would be real nice to just let that expire and get some cap relief. The luxury tax ain't cheap.

But how much do you want to bet they move that expiring contract for a better player?

How much is that out of fear of LeBron leaving? If LeBron wasn't a flight risk, would the Cavs spend that money or let the contract expire?

Kobe demanded a trade last year. Do you think that was to win or because he wanted to move?

And Kobe certainly didn't want to be traded to a small market like Minnesota. You didn't see Kobe asking to play with KG. He wanted to go to a big market as well, NY, Chi ...
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#16 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Dec 3, 2008 3:25 am

Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:
The Cavs have a $13M expiring contract and a very high payroll. It would be real nice to just let that expire and get some cap relief. The luxury tax ain't cheap.

But how much do you want to bet they move that expiring contract for a better player?

like?
I will take a bet, give me some options.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Minhee
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#17 » by Minhee » Wed Dec 3, 2008 3:33 am

Are you guys talking about Lebron or Vincent Chase?
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,971

Post#18 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Dec 3, 2008 3:40 am

Erik Eleven wrote:He should have said, "Right now, I'm focusing on bringing a championship to Cleveland. I'll take questions about my free agency in 2010."

Absolutely spot on. I remember being mildly irritated this summer when Kobe made the comment about taking $50 million from some Euro team, and he was just screwing around.

If I was a Cavs fan, I'd be totally furious the way he keeps egging this whole thing on. I don't even get what the allure of New York is anyways, especially from a marketing standpoint. Like he's somehow going to become a bigger star because he plays there -- how much bigger can he get?

Right now he should be worried about winning championships, and it looks like Cleveland has set itself up for a good run. Instead of playing coy about 2010, he should start recruiting guys to come play for him.

If they get Bosh or some other All-Star quality player with the room they'll have, you can forget it. The question won't be will they win a title, but how many. Why would you dick around with that?
Erik Eleven
RealGM

Post#19 » by Erik Eleven » Wed Dec 3, 2008 7:25 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:
Erik Eleven wrote:He should have said, "Right now, I'm focusing on bringing a championship to Cleveland. I'll take questions about my free agency in 2010."

Absolutely spot on. I remember being mildly irritated this summer when Kobe made the comment about taking $50 million from some Euro team, and he was just screwing around.

If I was a Cavs fan, I'd be totally furious the way he keeps egging this whole thing on. I don't even get what the allure of New York is anyways, especially from a marketing standpoint. Like he's somehow going to become a bigger star because he plays there -- how much bigger can he get?

Right now he should be worried about winning championships, and it looks like Cleveland has set itself up for a good run. Instead of playing coy about 2010, he should start recruiting guys to come play for him.

If they get Bosh or some other All-Star quality player with the room they'll have, you can forget it. The question won't be will they win a title, but how many. Why would you dick around with that?

Agreed 100% on all of the above.

LBJ should listen better to his elders, especially Charles and the two of us. :lol:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers