ImageImageImageImageImage

Rodney Rogers is paralyzed

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Rodney Rogers is paralyzed 

Post#1 » by TonyMontana » Thu Dec 4, 2008 5:12 pm

One of my favorite big men in this game has been in a bad ATV accident and he is now paralyzed.
This guy was a brute force down low, loved his south pau jump shot. Ver aggressive and I always wished the Lakers singed him since he had a lot of heart.
Well all I can say is life changes and its sad to see such a great athlete like Rodney or anybody to go through with this.
Just another reason why we should praise God for what we have and stop crying for what we dont have.
My prayers are with him and his family.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3744237

Former NBA and college basketball star Rodney Rogers is paralyzed as the result of an all-terrain vehicle accident, his college coach told the News & Observer of Raleigh-Durham, N.C.

[+] EnlargeJim McIsaac/Getty Images

Rodney Rogers was one of the NBA's best sixth men and a respected 3-point shooter during his 12-year pro career.
Dave Odom, who coached Rogers when he earned All-America honors at Wake Forest and was the 1993 ACC Player of the Year, said Wednesday that his former star is paralyzed from the shoulders down, according to the report.

"Say a prayer for Rodney and his family,'' Odom said, according to the newspaper.
fareweatherfan
Senior
And1: 1

Re: Rodney Rogers is paralyzed 

Post#2 » by fareweatherfan » Thu Dec 4, 2008 5:28 pm

Thanks for posting, Tony.

My jaw hit the floor when I read this on the ESPN ticker at the gym this morning.

My thoughts and prayers are with Rodney and his family. If his professional during his career is any indication, he'll pull through and manage this wonderfully.
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#3 » by lakersfanatic » Thu Dec 4, 2008 6:08 pm

I read this yesterday and it's crazy how freak accidents happen... and can happen to anyone. Just have to be careful i guess. My friend broke off his toe riding on an ATV last summer.

My thoughts and prayer goes to him and his family
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#4 » by Anklebreaker702 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 6:11 pm

Just read the wire tap Tony. Maan my prayers are with him & his family very very sad. He's a good guy
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#5 » by Danny Darko » Thu Dec 4, 2008 7:16 pm

I remember him dropping some 3's for sure. Sorry to hear about it. Interesting that he was working as a heavy machine operator... for love or money?
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#6 » by TylersLakers » Thu Dec 4, 2008 8:19 pm

Damn.

That article said that he did it for the love DD. He got bored twiddling his thumbs and loved big drugs and that kind of stuff.

That's the crappy part about life. You have to be attention and stay safe at all times, guys.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,440

Post#7 » by Slava » Thu Dec 4, 2008 9:06 pm

Damn! He had a sweet J and a nice face up game.

How I wish LO could shoot like that.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#8 » by TonyMontana » Thu Dec 4, 2008 9:24 pm

TylersLakers wrote:Damn.

That article said that he did it for the love DD. He got bored twiddling his thumbs and loved big trucks and that kind of stuff.

That's the crappy part about life. You have to be attention and stay safe at all times, guys.

Tyler I think you made a bo boo right here bradah.
ReaListik
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#9 » by ReaListik » Thu Dec 4, 2008 10:18 pm

I live in Phoenix and I loved Rodney when he played for the Suns. He's always been a solid guy with great character. My prayers and best wishes to his family. Rodney knows just as well as anybody that life is full of tough trials and challenges, and it's about how hard you work to overcome those hurdles.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers